Awoo.

Sonic the mentor

Rey Skywalker-Ren

I get too many crazy ideas but I think this one is a very good one. It came to me when I was playing Shadow the Hedgehog (Hero) and Sonic Adventure 1 and 2.

Sonic as a mentor in a character's game. I dont mean for Sonic to become Omochao, i mean that Sonic could give you tips on how to complete a stage. Not only that but give you words of wisdoms. Like hes done in Shadow the Hedgehog, when you play the game Sonic tells you to be careful and not to be cocky and he even tells you how to get across to certien stages.

If a character has their own game, I want Sonic to be like that, a mentor. Someone to give you guidence. And Ill give some examples on how it can work:

Tails game - Sonic can help you build your machines (maybe) or give you advices on where to get to your next stage. He can also tell you to keep cool under presessure.

Amy game -  Sonic tells her tips on how to make it through a stage and encourage her to keep moving. Sonic can also teach Amy new moves and he can also teach new PIKO moves

Knuckles game - Sonic can help Knuckles find whatever arifact hes looking for and give him tips on where are the hot spots. He can also teach to Knuckles all the moves he learned as a werehog.

Shadow game - Shadow already has a game but if he had another game Sonic can really be a mentor like he was trying to be. He can guide Shadow through missions and warn him to be careful.

Silver game - Silver is unsure of himself... so Sonic is the perfect mentor for a Silver game. Sonic can cheer Silver on and help him with his problems. He can also do tutorals but not as well as in my other game ideas, Sonic doesnt have powers! But Sonic can teach Silver some acrobatic moves

Do you get what I am perposing? I want Sonic to be someone to help you. The reason why is that its in his character to do so and hes the heart of the franchise. So if you play in say, a Tails game and you fight the final boss, Sonic can help you and encourage you to try your best. My point is that as a mentor, Sonic can pass the lessons hes learned from his adventures and help other characters in their games.

What do you think?

Sonic doesn't strike me as the mentor type. Unless he was trying to help Tails out with moves he was learning or something because Tails emulates him anyway, he wouldn't be the kind to guide someone through a manoeuvre or a place. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I've always thought of Tails as a mentor, seeing as he is the knowledgeable one, like in Sonic Rush Adventure where you learnt the controls. 

I think we're forgetting something here--Sonic was always a role model, a big brother and of course, a hero to the two-tailed fox. It honestly wouldn't make any sense if we were to see very little interaction between Sonic and Tails as someone who knows what to do vs. someone who usually doesn't. It also seems like quite a deviation from his original role as the person hedgehog who saved Tails and took him under his wing, at least for a little while back in Sonic 2.

Would love to see that back, by the way. ><

Yes, hes always been a role model and someone others dream they can be like. But in a game, he can pass that on.

This... does seem like a new Omochao, in all honesty and there's a few loose problems in this idea.

Sonic can help you build your machines

Tails is the mechanical genius and all... in games like Unleashed and Colors Sonic clearly doesn't have much of a clue about this technical stuff he's on about. Helping him stay cool under pressure sounds believable to me, though.

and he can also teach new PIKO moves

Same deal as Tails being the mechanical genius. Sonic's had a Piko Piko Hammer once whilst Amy's had one for 18 years... I think she'd have enough experience, honestly.

Sonic can help Knuckles find whatever arifact hes looking for and give him tips on where are the hot spots. 

Sounds a bit god-mode if you ask me. Tikal's use for this in Adventure at least made sense considering she had heavy connections to the Master Emerald, but this honestly seems over the top. The Werehog moves teaching thing is a nice idea though.

• Thumbs Up 3

Maybe the machine thing was dumb.

The PIKO i thought because Sonic can show how to do a wall jump and whatever amazing moves he can do with it.

Sonic cant connect to aritcafts, just guide you you them.

And dare say it... an Espio game where Sonic gives you new weapons and teaches you to use them, except for しるきん

Hes more than a voicebox wwww

Hes a mentor, not only he guides you, Sonic gives you word of wisdom, Hell tell you dont give up and follow your dreams. Things to make the player want to keep going. Sonic is also hand you powerups

Hes more than a voicebox wwww

Hes a mentor, not only he guides you, Sonic gives you word of wisdom, Hell tell you dont give up and follow your dreams. Things to make the player want to keep going. Sonic is also hand you powerups

When I say "voicebox", I'm talking about how what you described is essentially turning him into a tutorial character, which is something that I don't really feel is neccesary in the first place. Does Sonic honestly need to be in every single game,  when he technically shouldn't be the star? Can the characters just stand on their own without his help.

• Thumbs Up 1

When I say "voicebox", I'm talking about how what you described is essentially turning him into a tutorial character, which is something that I don't really feel is neccesary in the first place. Does Sonic honestly need to be in every single game,  when he technically shouldn't be the star? Can the characters just stand on their own without his help.

All I said was for Sonic to give them the push they need. I never said Sonic needed to be in every game, but if he was I sure hell dont want hmi to be recuded to what Mario was in Super Princess Peach. Sonic is too strong of a character to be that and it angers me when that idea comes up for an Amy game.

Remember Shadow the Hedgehog? I wanted him to warn Shadow is he gets too reckful.

I DO NOT think the others are useless. The other characters can do fine without him... some of them can but still. Im for them doing their own things

All I said was for Sonic to give them the push they need. I never said Sonic needed to be in every game, but if he was I sure hell dont want hmi to be recuded to what Mario was in Super Princess Peach. Sonic is too strong of a character to be that and it angers me when that idea comes up for an Amy game.

Remember Shadow the Hedgehog? I wanted him to warn Shadow is he gets too reckful.

I DO NOT think the others are useless. The other characters can do fine without him... some of them can but still. Im for them doing their own things

And I understand that, what I am asking is why does it need to be Sonic? Is there any special reason why you chose him? What about him can teach these characters that they already couldn't know?

For instance, you brought up that Sonic should teach Espio ninja stuff...when has Sonic shown any knowledge about ninja training to train him?

And I understand that, what I am asking is why does it need to be Sonic? Is there any special reason why you chose him? What about him can teach these characters that they already couldn't know?

For instance, you brought up that Sonic should teach Espio ninja stuff...when has Sonic shown any knowledge about ninja training to train him?

I chose Sonic because Sonic has always inspired other characters. Hes strong, brave, smart, selfless, laid back and someone who can take care of himself. someone other characters would only wish they were. so with that, he can care his lessons and knowledge with the other characters in their games so that they can become their own heros.

No he hasnt but I had a thery that any ninja weapo put in Sonics hands is something to be feared and I kinda explained why in another thread

I chose Sonic because Sonic has always inspired other characters. Hes strong, brave, smart, selfless, laid back and someone who can take care of himself. someone other characters would only wish they were. so with that, he can care his lessons and knowledge with the other characters in their games so that they can become their own heros.

No he hasnt but I had a thery that any ninja weapo put in Sonics hands is something to be feared and I kinda explained why in another thread

But some of the other characters hardly know Sonic, the only characters that you can really apply what you just described are Tails, Amy, Blaze, and maaybe Knuckles and Shadow, and that's pushing it. I understand Sonic is a beckon of hope in the series, but that shouldn't mean he has to be this shining jesus figure that everyone looks up to; that's a smidge away from terrible writing.

Should Sonic be able to inspire other characters? Sure, I like that about him. Should Sonic teach every single character how to do things they should logically be able to do already? yeaaaa, not feeling it.

And I stil don't understand how Sonic using a ninja weapon makes any type of sense....he's not a ninja.

Sonic taking on a mentor role doesn't make much sense to me. For one thing, he's a very "active" character; if he is around, and there are bad guys around, I would expect him to be fighting the bad guys, not sitting back and giving advice. And if he's fighting and giving advice, I'd wonder why the game didn't just focus on him in the first place.

Second, it doesn't make sense for him to know more about other characters' abilities than they do. He could encourage them, sure, but teaching them new abilities doesn't make much sense.

• Thumbs Up 5

Let me get this straight, Sonikku-chan. I get you're a fan of Sonic (the character) and you like him getting spotlights, yadda yadda. As a fan of him myself, I can understand where you're coming from. However, it's seeming that you're failing to realize that even Sonic has limits, flaws, fallacies and faults. Sonic isn't perfect, and neither is he a mentor; while I do expect him to have street smarts on the things he usually does like running and smashing badniks, Sonic isn't talented in every way. He isn't as experienced as Tails in mechanics, as experienced as Amy in hammers, as experienced as Knuckles about treasure hunting... The list can go on. One thing you might need to acknowledge is that while I can relate for your looking up to Sonic, Sonic isn't perfect; he has flaws and limits. Other characters exist to fill those flaws and limits... While Sonic fills the others'. I hate to derange my topic, but it works the same way in real life... Nobody is perfect, and nobody ever will be. A perfect human will be an impossibility in my eyes, and thus Sonic, to be a believable character, needs flaws. He needs to be... imperfect. When looking up to Sonic and admiring his qualities... You'll have to remember; not only do you have to learn from his triumphs, you need to learn from his errors, as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Let me get this straight, Sonikku-chan. I get you're a fan of Sonic (the character) and you like him getting spotlights, yadda yadda. As a fan of him myself, I can understand where you're coming from. However, it's seeming that you're failing to realize that even Sonic has limits, flaws, fallacies and faults. Sonic isn't perfect, and neither is he a mentor; while I do expect him to have street smarts on the things he usually does like running and smashing badniks, Sonic isn't talented in every way. He isn't as experienced as Tails in mechanics, as experienced as Amy in hammers, as experienced as Knuckles about treasure hunting... The list can go on. One thing you might need to acknowledge is that while I can relate for your looking up to Sonic, Sonic isn't perfect; he has flaws and limits. Other characters exist to fill those flaws and limits... While Sonic fills the others'. I hate to derange my topic, but it works the same way in real life... Nobody is perfect, and nobody ever will be. A perfect human will be an impossibility in my eyes, and thus Sonic, to be a believable character, needs flaws. He needs to be... imperfect. When looking up to Sonic and admiring his qualities... You'll have to remember; not only do you have to learn from his triumphs, you need to learn from his errors, as well.

I do know that Sonic is not perfect no one is. I am trying to understand what am I saying that gives people the impressions? And what is falicies?

I look up to Sonic because he can inspire other characters which is why he could be a mentor. He can give them the push they need. He can even fight with the characters because when they see Sonic fight, they will want to fight like him. He means alot to me because hes everything I could only dream of being (smart, funny, selfless)

Sonics not good at everythnig and i shouldnt have said he can fix machines. I just wanted him to be a difference  in these characters lives

But he already is. He's already inspired Tails to be a hero and stand up for himself, inspired Amy (albeit indirectly) to be brave and to fight, inspired Blaze to be less insecure and more open for friends and receiving help, amongst others. We already get these moments as it is.

As far as the general opinion that believes you think Sonic is perfect... Well, you cover up Sonic's 'mistakes', such as being captured by the GUN and having to be rescued by Amy (which is honestly nice, depicting Sonic isn't perfect and needs help at times, while depicting Amy to be a strong individual who can stand up for her own and help Sonic when he's in need), for instance. It's natural to require help; heck, Sonic even willingly got assisted by Silver in Kingdom Valley, in Sonic 06. You don't have to make everyone into sitting ducks to make Sonic a good character; in fact, you need a strong supporting cast for Sonic to work with for it. Sonic can't do everything, which is a good thing... and that's why the other characters are there to fill what Sonic can't do on his own.

It really depends. sonic teaching Blaze to trust others and open herself up was good, teaching Elise to smile and enjoy like was good. Sonic teaching tails how to make a machine? No because Tails is the resident expert. Sonic is good to teach about moral values and things like that by example, he would be fightin and trusting other, not giving up in the direst of circumstances ect would inspire others do do the same. But as an expert on everything is a no go, Sonic is a teenage hedgehog who loves freedom and to run. If anything tails would be more of that sorta role, even then he would ( or SHOULD) be limited to what he knows.