Awoo.

Justin Bieber arrested for drinking and driving... and then released - "Justice? Whassat?"

Spin Attaxx

He's been released? And before I could post this piece of gold on here? GODDAMMIT! In all seriousness, he shouldn't have gotten away with it. DUI is seriously dangerous to other drivers. His stupidity could've taken someone's life away from them when they didn't do anything wrong. Besides, now he's just going to think he can get away with it and get even more cocky than he already was before.

• Thumbs Up 2

As well as the #FreeBieber trend on Twitter someone mentioned earlier, there's also #WeWillAlwaysSupportYouJustin :-/

The point of what I'm saying is: we don't truly know it's the mockery that's making him act up. It's a possibility, sure, but it's also a possibility that he doesn't give two shits about the haters at all, and is acting up because fame.

Fair enough, but I find it very unlikely that the amount of shit thrown at him since day one hasn't contributed to his gradual decent into constant scandals at least a little. Perhaps he was able to ignore it at first, but that sort of thing can break someone gradually over time.

Kanye West let fame turn him into a dick all on his, so how can we rule out the possibility that the same has happened to Justin?

Kanye hate can be pretty ridiculous too, tho'. Like, most of the things he says that causes an uproar (that I've heard of, anyway) isn't that different from what a lot of celebrities say or do, but causes a lot more backlash...somehow.

He's been released? And before I could post this piece of gold on here? GODDAMMIT! In all seriousness, he shouldn't have gotten away with it. DUI is seriously dangerous to other drivers. His stupidity could've taken someone's life away from them when they didn't do anything wrong. Besides, now he's just going to think he can get away with it and get even more cocky than he already was before.

Yeah I'm worried about this too. Unless he somehow wises up, he could seriously hurt someone (most likely others, possibly himself) if something like this ever happens again, and chances are it will. That's why I hope someone does...something. I don't even know. This whole thing is pretty messed up from every angle.

• Thumbs Up 5

Doesn't make it okay.

Disrespecting a historical figure does not give permission to make light of rape what the flying fuck dude

I've made light of rape regardless of Justin Bieber.

Rape is the unlawful compelling of a person through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse. This is against the law.

As I am sure you are aware there no laws against making jokes about rape.

But last time I looked Rape is also a word which like other words can be used as an expression sometimes with humours intent. I guess you're the type of person that got upset when that an English Cricketer said he got arsed rape (a more coarse term for getting his arse kicked) by Australia? I thought it was piss funny I make jokes like that and people I know do as well offline and online. Maybe Twitter wasn't the best place for it being who he is. But are people really surprised people use rape in a humours context like everything else?

Family Guy does it all the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RmIrHWoYW8

People make satirical jokes about 9/11? What can you do? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgAKboJGUSA

I guess we all have different standards of humour.

Sorry went off topic.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just find rape an offensive topic for humor, no matter the target. It's a torment that the victim often has to live the rest of their lives with. I'm sorry I can't see the humor in that.

• Thumbs Up 7

The irony of making rpe jokes in a Justin BEiber topic is that saying Rape happened for a reason was his very first gaffe that people lost their shit over.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wouldn't mind jokes about how absolutely pathetic rapists are, but of course the victims are often the punchline, which is kind of the problem people (such as myself) who don't like rape jokes have with them. :/

• Thumbs Up 3

Honestly the rapists themselves shouldn't be joked about either. Either way it's making light of Rape, and that's not funny.

To me saying "rape jokes aren't illegal so why not" is like saying joking about a friends dead parents isn't illegal, so why not? Both are just offensive and not exactly humorous in any situation. They just make things uncomfortable for many.

But yeah that is off topic unless you are relating it to what Goomy said.

So yeah, more on topic, has Bieber got any warnings or something after this or is he 100% off the hook?

Honestly the rapists themselves shouldn't be joked about either. Either way it's making light of Rape, and that's not funny.

Yeah, that's a good point. It just wouldn't make me want to puke as much. :V

My point about the victims stands though, if someone honestly can't understand why someone would be upset about that kind of thing, then I just don't know what to say. Even worse when they manage to find rape victims who say they're okay with said jokes, as if it invalidates everyone hurt by that kind of thing.

But yeah, off topic. So how 'bout Bieber's fans? I think people are exaggerating  a little in regards to how this'll badly influence Beliebers. Not to say there won't be a few fans who will be "inspired" by this, mind you.

And I don't really see the problem with fans still "supporting" him, depending on what that means. If it means they want him to improve and think that he can, I think that's more than reasonable. But the ones acting like he's done absolutely nothing wrong, ehh...

Edited by ElementofChaos

As well as the #FreeBieber trend on Twitter someone mentioned earlier, there's also #WeWillAlwaysSupportYouJustin :-/

Speaking of things on Twitter, I think I also came across a few tweets about some kind of t-shirts being made. I can't confirm it, though.

whats wrong with fans supporting and beliving in him? :?

There's a difference between supporting and white knighting.

Unfortunately his fans will probably mix up the two.

It's kind of like an intervention for addictions and the like. You love the person, which is why you're trying to talk things over with them so they can improve, not blindly letting them do whatever. The latter isn't supporting someone, it's essentially letting them self-destruct.

• Thumbs Up 7

I just hope he gets actually serves a full sentence at some point. Not dead or whatever, but to suffer the consequences any other idiot would have to suffer for doing the stupid shit Bieber does on a daily basis.

Pisses me off that having that getting lucky will net you that much money and a free pass to do whatever the fuck you want without having to deal with anything more than a slap on the wrist. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't like his music, but I'm not ecstatic to see him cause his own destruction. To be frank, his music was never an issue for me. It's nothing I'd ever listen to and I'm not in his target demographic. Up until recently I'd only resent him if I was forced to listen to his music a la A Clockwork Orange. I know his fans have been insufferable, but I've had no reason to dislike Bieber as a person until I began to read more about his antics in recent months. Yes, doing what he did in Miami was incredibly reckless and immature. After everything that I have read about how his behavior, I can say that Justin Bieber isn't a very good role model. However, he's still a human being. Don't misunderstand me, I do think his music is crap and his behavior is deplorable for somebody of his age and in his position, but I don't like how people are really enjoying his arrest and legal troubles on a visceral level. I know Justin is a jerk, but I don't think it's cool to cheer, taunt and laugh at somebody as they self-destruct. I think it's wrong, even if that person is Justin Bieber. I know he's responsible for his own behavior as a grown adult, but I still think it's wrong to cheer at the news of his arrest. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I would like to point out, that he paid the bail so that he wouldn't have to be in a holding cell until his trial, and that unless someone is a threat to society they generaly are offered a bail option, however the average person would have a lower bail, or a higher one depending on the crime, and he did have to pay $2500 Bail.

He still has a day in court coming up, and there is an extermely high possibility of him spending 6 months in jail, and 60hours of community service, which I think might do him some good(and kill a lot of his popularity)

So ya, unless he gets some insanely smart and sleasy lawyer, hes in for some time

• Thumbs Up 3

Or if the judge is a Belieber.

I'm betting he gets off the hook. Drunk drivers get slapped on the wrist all the time, and he probably has a better lawyer than most of them could ever hope.

This shows the downside of having judges have so much discretion. One judge might not have let him have bail, another would have punished him more harshly than an ordinary person, etc.

Ultimately it's the judge's fault on this. Since it's a first time offense of this type he got off easy. If he was caught doing this again I doubt it would be so lenient. It's clear he's becoming a troublemaker in general though, and so the leniency isn't that well-deserved.

I just find it sad stuff like this needs a celebrity to really put it in the spotlight.

People are making a deal of it because it's pretty much yelling "yep this is still all fun and games to me, I haven't learned my lesson at all".

Or it's like I already posted, a common thing lawyers would advise people to do for the reasons I illustrated before. Being seen as a douchebag by the public for smiling in a mugshot does actually not correlate with more jail time by a jury, as far as mugshots go. I'm not saying he didn't smile to be a douchebag, but seriously if he had actually gotten taken to court it might have done more good than bad for him.