Awoo.

Sonic Heroes PC...

BakingBluePotatoe

Hidden

I just wanted to say that I got it wrong, you can configure a gamepad but NOT the keyboard it seems. Seriously though, I'd advise anyone to buy a PC gamepad because some games are just so much better when using one plus depending on what features you're after you can get a USB one fairly cheap. I currently use an unofficial PS2 GAME brand pad through a SmartJoy PS to USB adaptor and the only thing I don't have is rumble which is rather negligible.

You can get good USB pads which support rumble cheap enough that it isn't even an issue these days.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hidden

Sonic HEROES, not Sonic and the Secret Rings.

Laughed so hard, I nearly shat...

My PC has randomly stopped running Heroes now. I suppose it really doesn't matter, seeing as the peice of crap sitting under my desk that I call a computer could only play the bastard thing at 15fps, draw distance on nearest setting, 640x480 16-bit color, anti-whatever off, shadows off, and fog off! AND NOW DirectX has gone and DELETED ITSELF, AND WON'T REINSTALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Blargh.

Hidden

Extaticus what is your computers specifications: Operating System, graphics card, etc? Also I doubt Direct X would delete itself, are you certain you didn't uninstall the old version by accident perhaps by updating or something?

Try going to 'Run' and typing 'dxdiag' (no quotes) and hitting enter. Does anything happen?

Hidden

I guess use a gamepad, but I don't have the PC version (I have the PS2 version though) so I can't really help you.

Hidden

Why not just use a game controller? 3D Platformers are never good with keyboards

I use the MegaDrive/ Genesis 6-Button Pad! RAWK, and hooray for 3rd-Party adaptors!!!