Awoo.

Microsoft acquires rights to “Gears of War" from Epic Games

Patticus

All I know is that whatever they were making before would have probably been cooler, fresher and better then yet another fucking Gears Of War.

Nope.

ZezSK2r.png

dfr0KUi.png

It was a real game, it was deep into production and it was planned to release. How can they say otherwise when they presented it as such on their E3 conference?

Microsoft caught red handed lying yet again. Truly, the Mr Xbones wild ride never ends.

....Well that's just great; they are pushing another Gears in favor of a really cool new IP, nice going Microsoft :(. This is just like the shit they pulled with Rare, they have all these cool prototypes of great games but they all get scrapped due to stupid Kinect Sports and stuff like that. At the very least, I hope concepts and ideas that Black Tusk had make their way into the new Gears; stealth mechanics and a spy theme could spice things up :).

As a big fan of the franchise who enjoyed the main trilogy and spent thousands of hours across their respective multiplayer modes, it's good to hear Microsoft secured its exclusivity. The more exclusive IPs the better, since exclusive games are what sell me a console IMO. In fact, a new Gears of War could be a potential reason for me to acquire an Xbox One in the future (aside from a Kinectless SKU). This also goes to whatever Black Tusk was cooking before Gears of War was brought into their portfolio; I hope they don't work exclusively on the Gears series and they show fresh, brand-new IPs as well.

It will be interesting to see what else can they bring gameplay and story-wise to the franchise...