Awoo.

Why is there so much hate for Sonic R?

Maishul

Because the controls suck. To be perfectly honest, I'm surprised people still talk about this game. I mean it's bad but... It's a spinoff sooo it's not really that important. The fact that this game only has 6 tracks just shows that this was just made to make a quick buck.

The one big gripe I have with this game is that Robotnik and Amy were SO GOD DAMN WEAK when it came to their speed and abilities. I NEVER played as either one of them.

I usually either played as Tails or Knuckles. Sonic I always played as when I first got the game, but then when I realized how annoying it was playing with only the double jump compared to flying/gliding, I stopped using him. However, when I unlocked all of the special characters, I DID play as either Super Sonic, or metal Knuckles. I might actually play it again tonight after typing this. :P

The one big gripe I have with this game is that Robotnik and Amy were SO GOD DAMN WEAK when it came to their speed and abilities. I NEVER played as either one of them.

I could argue both of them excel over Egg Robo, who is basically the same as Robotnik but lacking the ability of unlimited hover over water. He can't even jump over it like the other robots, meaning the moment you step foot on water, you're victim to a VERY slow and gradual halt and then sink, which is actually more time consuming and tedius than the characters who just sink instantly. His one bonus is the same as Robotnik's; ie. a missile ability that hardly ever hits and even when it does, it barely slows the victim down.

I dont know...I guess I kind of just disagree, I sort of think the controls being bad is partially subjective.
They are a bit wonky at times, but once you get good at the game they feel allot better, and once you figure out you can make sharper turns.

Also, someone mentioned sonic riders controls bad.
I disagree completely, sonic riders feels great once you learn how to play it.

The controls may be bad. It's just a simple racing game. It had a low budget as well.

The Music Choices are pretty good, even though they're about Love, but I can see why people hate it.

(Maybe Amy sung them all :P)

I wouldn't call it a bad game though. If there is even one liking of the Gameplay aspect than it's good by definition. The bad may overcome the good to some people but it was done really well. In all honesty though, I've wondered why they hadn't tried it again. It does seem Logical, I mean Sonic and his friends run at very high speeds, it would make sense that they would have a foot race. I'm sure they would've gotten it right on the second try.

I myself can beat all 4 levels once and unlock the last level, all the characters, and Super Sonic. But that is just me, I guess other people just weren't willing to put the time in to master the game :/

It's the same with Sonic 06.