Awoo.

Was anyone here a member of Sonicanime.net?

wolf4537

Ah, Sonicanime.net, I remember going to that website as "Inferno the Fancharacter" (A name I had for a while here, but decided to change here to avoid confusion with fellow member Inferno.) I doubt anyone would remember me, as I never really did much notable things on that board.

Interestingly, that website was actually the first forum I've ever been on, and I ended up migrating here after a while... Can't remember what it was that happened, I think the website went down or something, but if it wasn't for that website, I probably wouldn't have found this message board.

As of today, I don't remember much of it... I do recall some of the mods being a bit tad rude and snarky at times, I think a member (Can't remember if they were a mod or not) of them even had a list of members he didn't like on his signature. But overall it was a fun time during my teen years, and it's made me the forum goer you see today.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wolf4537

• Tara

• goku262002

• Emmett L. Brown

I do recall some of the mods being a bit tad rude and snarky at times, I think a member (Can't remember if they were a mod or not) of them even had a list of members he didn't like on his signature. 

Not trying to white-knight the staff here as we did have our moments of rudeness and snarkyness, but we would never have tolerated a member, staff or otherwise, having a list of people they disliked in their signature.  I think I know which member you're talking about and they were terminated very quickly.

On a related note, I do recall the name "Inferno the Fancharacter." =P

In order to avoid any sort of interpersonal conflicts and to clear the air, I'm going to say right now that my original post was a lighthearted joke directed entirely at myself.  It was not a personal stab directed at any other member of the SA.net staff, nor do I condone using such harsh words to describe anyone there or anywhere else.  Just thought I'd make that clear.

Well reguardless there was someone else that we don't have too fond memories of. but you were a damn good admin Akito, its cool you didn't retire from the forum scene after Sonicanime.net

There's a couple of people I still keep in touch with from SA, but there's several people that I wonder what  happened to them. A few of these people include:

Chibigoku (Probably the funniest guy on the site)

Ki the Fairy

Lucky Winters (also known as the biggest Sonic fan I can think of. I think we are friends on facebook but I honestly don't remember.)

Brian the Goldfish

Chris Thorndyke Fan

Solly

Mony the Echidna

gamebuddy123

Sullmaster (He lives in my home state)

Chikori

Chronoball X 

Fang the Sniper

And I REALLY wanna know what happened to HEAD-ROKOKO. He was my friend from Japan and we kept in touch until 2011, the last I heard from him was that he was ok after the Japan tsunami, but I haven't talked to him since. sad.png

Also Jezmm, it's nice to see you again. I forgot we were good friends on there happy.png

Yup! My username there was Kenny the Fox.

Really, SA.net was my Internet home from 2004-2007. It still holds many fond memories... and some bad ones. I remember in its heyday there were so many people willing to be friends.

Some close friends I made there were CoolForever (wolf4537), segagam, Shakura the Hedgehog, Amejisuto, Neotails, MarioMurderer, SuperSonicSam, kevintheman, gamebuddy123, ki the fairy, Niles, Mastalgyan, ChronoballX, MegaTailsPrower, and a couple others that aren't coming to mind right now. I only keep in contact with a few of them after all these years, but for the most part we've drifted. I know some of them go to this forum today, but I hope the ones that don't go here are doing well.

I remember some of the drama too, like some of the admins threatening to ban those who didn't like Sonadow and how they also threatened to ban members just because they didn't like them. Mostly from getting into other people's business. In hindsight, that wasn't a professional thing for them to do at all.

I'm still surprised the forum is still up, as dead as ever. It's mostly because the admins had us convinced that back in its heyday the forum wouldn't float without monetary donations from members. How in the world is it still there now? Sometimes I wonder...

Anyway, I see some familiar names in this thread, like Poridet, JezMM, Mark, Inferno, and Gabz Girl. Good to see you guys!

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey Kenny! biggrin.png (Or should I say, Mikey XD)

Looking back, I really do miss Sonic X quite a bit. There were so many things about the show that really make me miss my later teenage years in general. I still feel like eventually they will make more Sonic X episodes. But the actual chances of that happening are slim to none unfortunately. 

BTW Mikey, what is the best way to get in touch with you again? I hardly ever get to talk to you on Skype or AIM. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Skype is best! I'll make it a habit to sign on more often, haha.

I miss Sonic X too, or at least the fond memories it created. It's a decent show but pales in comparison to other Sonic cartoons. I still feel that Sonic X should have ended at episode 52. I wasn't really a fan of season 3, to be honest. The last time the show was in production was 2004-2005ish, which was a decade ago. I think it's safe to say Sonic X won't be coming back. Also, Chris Thorndyke is one of my favorites in the show as well. Definitely an underrated character.

I was a member there but not very talkative.

I remember Poridet, we didn't talk much, but I remember that name :) Inferno sounds familiar too. And Chibigoku.

Solly was also a member on the French Sonic-Online forum, I've even met her twice IRL and she was a big fan of anime and Sonic X. Thanks to her I own lots of model sheets from Sonic X and Underground. Haven't seen her online for years now :/

I think the last time I've been on SA.net was when I posted some fake Sonic X screenshots with Shadow and Mephiles on DA and some people posted them EVERYWHERE, even on Serebii !

Skype is best! I'll make it a habit to sign on more often, haha.

I miss Sonic X too, or at least the fond memories it created. It's a decent show but pales in comparison to other Sonic cartoons. I still feel that Sonic X should have ended at episode 52. I wasn't really a fan of season 3, to be honest. The last time the show was in production was 2004-2005ish, which was a decade ago. I think it's safe to say Sonic X won't be coming back. Also, Chris Thorndyke is one of my favorites in the show as well. Definitely an underrated character.

Hey Mikey, do you still have that Sonic X Rouge UFO plush I sold you several years back? I've been seeing them go for HUNDREDS on Ebay now. I still have a lot of UFO plushies from that series, I guess they are worth quite a bit now regardless of which character you have. I remember when I used to brag about all the chris thorndyke plushies I had on SA and SZF back in the day, me and Matt Thorndark got into a huge debacle because of it. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

In order to avoid any sort of interpersonal conflicts and to clear the air, I'm going to say right now that my original post was a lighthearted joke directed entirely at myself.  It was not a personal stab directed at any other member of the SA.net staff, nor do I condone using such harsh words to describe anyone there or anywhere else.  Just thought I'd make that clear.

LMAO. I totally was not referencing you - I don't even think I remembered you were a mod/admin on SA.net. o__o;;

I still stand by the fact that some mods/admins just came off as abrasively self-serving butts though - some really weird personal fund raising topics come to mind before the board was purged/data lost the first time around.

P.S. - Does anyone know what the heck happened to Fatty D? His signature pics were hilarious.

Hey Mikey, do you still have that Sonic X Rouge UFO plush I sold you several years back? I've been seeing them go for HUNDREDS on Ebay now. I still have a lot of UFO plushies from that series, I guess they are worth quite a bit now regardless of which character you have. I remember when I used to brag about all the chris thorndyke plushies I had on SA and SZF back in the day, me and Matt Thorndark got into a huge debacle because of it. XD

I have it around somewhere! I eventually decided to pack up a lot of my stuff because I didn't want my collecting to turn into hoarding. I still have my Chris plush from the 2003 Sonic X UFO line, too! That is one I will never get rid of, and to this day it remains one of my favorite plush dolls. I also remember getting really interested in Off Course because of SA.net, and of course you did as well (and even started buying all of their CDs, along with Kazumasa Oda's)!

Anyway, I also remembered a couple members who I really thought were hilarious: RoofDagg, NickNyte, and Kaizoku/Kai. Infusions was pretty cool, too. I wonder what happened to them?

There's a couple of people I still keep in touch with from SA, but there's several people that I wonder what  happened to them. A few of these people include:

Chibigoku (Probably the funniest guy on the site)

Ki the Fairy

Lucky Winters (also known as the biggest Sonic fan I can think of. I think we are friends on facebook but I honestly don't remember.)

Brian the Goldfish

Chris Thorndyke Fan

Solly

Mony the Echidna

gamebuddy123

Sullmaster (He lives in my home state)

Chikori

Chronoball X 

Fang the Sniper

And I REALLY wanna know what happened to HEAD-ROKOKO. He was my friend from Japan and we kept in touch until 2011, the last I heard from him was that he was ok after the Japan tsunami, but I haven't talked to him since. sad.png

Also Jezmm, it's nice to see you again. I forgot we were good friends on there happy.png

Lucky Winters is Lucky here on SSMB.  She doesn't post in discussions much but is still a big Sonic fan and most frequently takes part on the merchandise threads here.  Gamebuddy is still around, though not here.  He's still developing as an amateur voice actor wonderfully and can be found on twitter and tumblr.

I was super good friends with Brian the Goldfish for a couple years but he's vanished.  He even deleted his facebook, I have no idea where he went.  I know he was dealing with issues so I really wish I could find someone who knew him, because I kind of fear the worst.

And gosh were we friends?  I don't remember you, what was your username?  =C

LMAO. I totally was not referencing you - I don't even think I remembered you were a mod/admin on SA.net. o__o;;

I still stand by the fact that some mods/admins just came off as abrasively self-serving butts though - some really weird personal fund raising topics come to mind before the board was purged/data lost the first time around.

P.S. - Does anyone know what the heck happened to Fatty D? His signature pics were hilarious.

I remember Fatty D.  He was kind of big name among the deviantART Sonic fanbase but he got banned twice from there and I never heard of him after.

On that note though, it's weird actually how many big, popular Sonic fanartists I looked up to and thought were super cool back in those days turned out to mostly all be kind of dicks with way too much drama going on between them all.  Most of them have abandoned their dAs now from when I've looked em up, that whole community just doesn't seem to really exist anymore.

Lucky Winters is Lucky here on SSMB.  She doesn't post in discussions much but is still a big Sonic fan and most frequently takes part on the merchandise threads here.  Gamebuddy is still around, though not here.  He's still developing as an amateur voice actor wonderfully and can be found on twitter and tumblr.

I was super good friends with Brian the Goldfish for a couple years but he's vanished.  He even deleted his facebook, I have no idea where he went.  I know he was dealing with issues so I really wish I could find someone who knew him, because I kind of fear the worst.

And gosh were we friends?  I don't remember you, what was your username?  =C

You don't remember me? I was known as "coolforever" on there from 2004 up through the end of 2005, and then I changed my name to "Wolf's Rain" after that. :P

And yeah Mikey, I pretty much have EVERY SINGLE CD that has been made by Off Course and Kazumasa Oda himself. They are truly my all time favorite group to listen to when it comes to music. :D

I should post a picture of the Sonic X plushies that I have on here ;)

Hey I was a member of Sonic Anime up until it closed. I joined in about early 2005 under the name Mario Murderer. I thought that name was funny, but I actually like Mario.

Yeah SonicAnime was great and I made loads of friends [some who I still see on the SSMB from time to time] and i've seen familiar faces here also, I used to be really good friends with the webmaster Sonic Remix. [we even made a CD together once! It was fun]

The best active years was from 2005 - 2008. 2007 was my favorite year on it though because that was just when the boards started to become really quiet. It came to such a shock for me because we all had a lot of fun. I remember when all the post count numbers were removed,. I think people were put off by that .... over some confusion ...and an April fools' joke or something I guess?
But anyway it was a really good forum and I really liked the chatroom too. I  really wish it stayed the way that it was unfortunatley so many people just left so quickly and that's what made the site dead.

If anyone from Sonicanime remembers me well just get in touch with me anytime for a talkie again.

I remember some of the drama too, like some of the admins threatening to ban those who didn't like Sonadow

LOL.

I remember making the game "Count to 100,000" which is now known as "Chat and Count to 100,000".

http://www.sonicanime.net/forums/index.php?s=c9bff455b18e8191a2d4d5963c543974&showtopic=14214

You don't remember me? I was known as "coolforever" on there from 2004 up through the end of 2005, and then I changed my name to "Wolf's Rain" after that. tongue.png

Oh, yeah I remember you!

Hey I was a member of Sonic Anime up until it closed. I joined in about early 2005 under the name Mario Murderer. I thought that name was funny, but I actually like Mario.

Yeah SonicAnime was great and I made loads of friends [some who I still see on the SSMB from time to time] and i've seen familiar faces here also, I used to be really good friends with the webmaster Sonic Remix. [we even made a CD together once! It was fun]

The best active years was from 2005 - 2008. 2007 was my favorite year on it though because that was just when the boards started to become really quiet. It came to such a shock for me because we all had a lot of fun. I remember when all the post count numbers were removed,. I think people were put off by that .... over some confusion ...and an April fools' joke or something I guess?

But anyway it was a really good forum and I really liked the chatroom too. I  really wish it stayed the way that it was unfortunatley so many people just left so quickly and that's what made the site dead.

If anyone from Sonicanime remembers me well just get in touch with me anytime for a talkie again.

LOL.

I remember making the game "Count to 100,000" which is now known as "Chat and Count to 100,000".

http://www.sonicanime.net/forums/index.php?s=c9bff455b18e8191a2d4d5963c543974&showtopic=14214

Oh, I had no idea you were Mario Murderer!  Your Youtube Poop Remix album still pops up on shuffle every now and then in my iTunes haha.  =B

That Chat and Count to 100,000 thread is like the only one still going lol.

Hey I was a member of Sonic Anime up until it closed. I joined in about early 2005 under the name Mario Murderer.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOAH!

Sorry, I was just hit with a nostalgia wave.  I had no idea you were Mario Murderer.  You were one of the coolest people on the site! D:

Hey that's great, people actually remember me on here.

I really appreciate all of the nice comments guys, good to see you all  too again!

Whoops, JezMM, didn't I tell you before when I joined that I was? I'm sorry! I saw you, Akito and some other familiar names on here several times and I was like ..... is that the same people? I DON'T KNOW! But now I know that it IS ! =O

It was the first forum I really connected with, and I met a lot of really great people there. I was even a moderator for a while, and with the power of hindsight I can honestly say I was a bit of an uptight douche about it sometimes. KevinTheMan, Lucky Winters, JezMM, Mark, Sugarcoatedpoison, and many more made it a great forum to be a part of, but the head admin's constant "BIG BIG PROJECTS" that she never thought through and never ever followed through on really kicked the forum in the balls, and were the main reason I left in the end.

Who remembers that debacle? Sonic Kingdom, etcetera...? The first iteration as a major roleplay project was actually kind of fun, but the second, and the third and the fourth, and then the wiki attempt, and gawd it just went on. The best thing she could've done was just leave the whole thing well enough alone. The community itself could have sustained the site.

I don't remember what username I had at the end. Turrican? Dark Adonis? Something like that.

• Thumbs Up 2

Dark Adonis...that sounds familiar.

And omg SugarCoatedPoison, she was awesome! Chibiknuckles was her younger sister I think. Me and Chibi were friends for such a long time but the last time I spoke to her was in 2010. =< I think she's on SSMB too but not very often. I also remember you MarioMurderer, always thought that was a funny nickname!

Oh Akito, you were a mod there? I think I remember you...were you the one who made all those haiku's and was apparently over 70 years old? XD;;

• Thumbs Up 1

It was the first forum I really connected with, and I met a lot of really great people there. I was even a moderator for a while, and with the power of hindsight I can honestly say I was a bit of an uptight douche about it sometimes. KevinTheMan, Lucky Winters, JezMM, Mark, Sugarcoatedpoison, and many more made it a great forum to be a part of, but the head admin's constant "BIG BIG PROJECTS" that she never thought through and never ever followed through on really kicked the forum in the balls, and were the main reason I left in the end.

Who remembers that debacle? Sonic Kingdom, etcetera...? The first iteration as a major roleplay project was actually kind of fun, but the second, and the third and the fourth, and then the wiki attempt, and gawd it just went on. The best thing she could've done was just leave the whole thing well enough alone. The community itself could have sustained the site.

I don't remember what username I had at the end. Turrican? Dark Adonis? Something like that.

OMG! You're the Turrican?

My have you mellowed!

SonicAnime's topics were truly memorable. As I said before, the caption contest was downright hilarious and is one of the best topics on any forum I was ever a member of. And who else remembers when they'd be a scramble to make a topic for each new episode of the 3rd season when it aired in France practically every day for 26 days? I still remember the reaction to "Dark Sonic" and Cosmo's demise :P

• Thumbs Up 3

OMG! You're the Turrican?

My have you mellowed!

Yeah, I'm not proud of my old behavior. I'm sorry to anyone who received the blunt end of my tight-assedness

I'd also like to apologize for the previous sentence.

I was really close friends with Sugar for a couple years, but she's disappeared off the internet without a trace too.  =C  She did make an account here: But the last time I spoke to her was 2011.

Sucks to hear ChibiKnuckles also vanished, I hope everything is alright with them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I'm not proud of my old behavior. I'm sorry to anyone who received the blunt end of my tight-assedness

I'd also like to apologize for the previous sentence.

Didn't I have several arguments with you over Chris Thorndyke in Sonic X? I'm trying to remember if it was you or someone else. 

Man, this nostalgia trip I'm having is making me depressed right now. LOL