Awoo.

Was anyone here a member of Sonicanime.net?

wolf4537

I don't remember what username I had at the end. Turrican? Dark Adonis? Something like that.

Feces that are holy!  I never expected to hear from Turrican again!  You're quite different than what I remember.  But then, we didn't talk nearly as often as others, so maybe I don't have a great basis of comparison.  Still good to hear from you again~

Oh Akito, you were a mod there? I think I remember you...were you the one who made all those haiku's and was apparently over 70 years old? XD;;

I'm not sure about haikus but my profile always listed me as 100+ years old due to my stinginess about giving out my age. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wolf4537

• Tara

• goku262002

• Emmett L. Brown

Didn't I have several arguments with you over Chris Thorndyke in Sonic X? I'm trying to remember if it was you or someone else. 

Man, this nostalgia trip I'm having is making me depressed right now. LOL

I don't remember, but it sounds like something I'd argue about. Actually, an awful lot of things sound like something I'd argue about.tongue.png

It took too long for me to figure out that opinions are products of perspective, and usually both perspectives are interesting and worthwhile.

Feces that are holy!  I never expected to hear from Turrican again!  You're quite different than what I remember.  But then, we didn't talk nearly as often as others, so maybe I don't have a great basis of comparison.  Still good to hear from you again~

Thanks! Great to see so many people from the old forums :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Sadly I missed it prior to really joining the Sonic forum community in 2012.

As for the Sonadow stuff - well yes. SonicRemix is well-known for that (to the point there's even a website dedicated to the coupling), though she's a diehard fan in general. In fact, that Sonic Revolution stuff I promote so much? She's one of the co-founders and serves as our webmaster and leader. Never mind loads of other Sonic websites she has helped over the years.

But I digress. It feels nice to know that a lot of you can still recognise each other from those days, albeit with different names, and I think this thread's doing a lot to keep the community together by giving many of us memories we can joke about. What's doubly good is that people can in fact change... it sounds like a lot of you were drastically different people close to a decade ago (naturally), and have become much better over that course of time. There's a reason I always support burying the hatchet; no point in holding grudges if folks have changed, after all!

It makes me proud to know a lot of people have remained committed fans for so long, when there's a good deal of pressure to abandon Sonic growing up.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't remember, but it sounds like something I'd argue about. Actually, an awful lot of things sound like something I'd argue about.tongue.png

It took too long for me to figure out that opinions are products of perspective, and usually both perspectives are interesting and worthwhile.

http://www.sonicanime.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=14968&st=25

Here you go, our Chris Thorndyke argument topic from SA. :P

But I agree though, I am almost the same way in terms of opinions and perspectives. Granted, there still are a lot of people's opinions I still don't agree with, but I've learned to deal with it and not make an issue about it. However, if people come at me first, I WILL get back in their face. But luckily that hasn't happened in quite a long time. :P

http://www.sonicanime.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=14968&st=25

Here you go, our Chris Thorndyke argument topic from SA. tongue.png

Yeesh, who pooped in my cereal that day? I don't even remember what I wrote in those posts I deleted, but my responses left behind were really dickish.

Yeah. Not proud of that stuff.

EDIT:

Aw, my fanfics and RPs are still there. Now those are fond memories ^_^

I still think some of the fondest memories I have of SA.net were posting my Rapid and the Onion Rings parody comic every weekday for around four months. It ended up with a huge following there and as such I have really fond memories of both the comic and Secret Rings as the inspiration/ source material.

I really want to go back and do a remastered version sometime, but it's time that would probably be better spent on making new stuff instead. D:

• Thumbs Up 1

I was a member of Sonic Anime back at the beginning of 06 and stayed around somewhat until like early to mid 07. I had sort of migrated to other Sonic forums during my stay then when I had met some other friends, but I still was around the site off and one for that year and half or so. I remember lots of drama yes and there was lots of fighting. I had some friends and obviously I remember Kevin and I do remember Jezmm as well. I think we were going to talk once long ago but we never did. Like we exchanged MSN's or something and nothing ever came of it. XD

I do remember over time though I just started losing interest there and migrated to another forum for awhile. The taking away of post counts was one of the things that drove me over the edge on that, because I love post counts a lot. It sort of helps you find out who is active and who is around and more common than if they don't exist. I just like seeing it.

Either way though, I went by the name Tails Fanatic back then. I still used the green fox I do now, but he is more custom now than he was back then. I was mostly active in the rp section, so mostly roleplayers would have been the ones that remember the most. And wow, didn't know you were an admin there Akito XD

I was there.  God help me if I remember what named I had though.  It was either Hot-Shot!!! or GrandMasterGalvatron.  A few interesting discussions were had, a few arguments were gotten into.  I think I fell off from the place when I got into serious work on The S Factor (which I so totally need to finish) and joined up with SSMB and Sonic Retro.

I don't remember what username I had at the end. Turrican? Dark Adonis? Something like that.

Oh SNAP!  Dude, I totally remember you!  I think we had a debate here and there about different things.  You were always pretty cool in my book.

Hey I was a member of Sonic Anime up until it closed. I joined in about early 2005 under the name Mario Murderer. I thought that name was funny, but I actually like Mario.

Oh damn. I remember you too. XD  This thread is nostalgia to the max

• Thumbs Up 1

Either way though, I went by the name Tails Fanatic back then. I still used the green fox I do now, but he is more custom now than he was back then.

I just looked at your avatar and realized I am so dumb.

Aren't you the Tails Fanatic of Sonic Blast as well? Dude... we were staff together. xDDD

I just looked at your avatar and realized I am so dumb.

Aren't you the Tails Fanatic of Sonic Blast as well? Dude... we were staff together. xDDD

o.O  What XD We were?  Wow. I didn't realize that. Yeah that was me. I used the username Tails Fanatic for a number of years until more people refereed to me as Jet instead of TF like it was back then. Me and Metallix were friends and I gave him suggestions and would look over his site work for him at times back then. Still, wow, I can't believe we have known each other before as well. Nice!

• Thumbs Up 1

xD Remember? I was BlizShadow, the hardassed mod/admin at the time. So yeah, we were actually on the same team for a minute. It's a small world after all, and it's making me tempted to see who else on here is from Sonic Blast. I know Blaire is at least.

• Thumbs Up 2

I was a member of Sonic Anime back at the beginning of 06 and stayed around somewhat until like early to mid 07. I had sort of migrated to other Sonic forums during my stay then when I had met some other friends, but I still was around the site off and one for that year and half or so. I remember lots of drama yes and there was lots of fighting. I had some friends and obviously I remember Kevin and I do remember Jezmm as well. I think we were going to talk once long ago but we never did. Like we exchanged MSN's or something and nothing ever came of it. XD

I do remember over time though I just started losing interest there and migrated to another forum for awhile. The taking away of post counts was one of the things that drove me over the edge on that, because I love post counts a lot. It sort of helps you find out who is active and who is around and more common than if they don't exist. I just like seeing it.

Either way though, I went by the name Tails Fanatic back then. I still used the green fox I do now, but he is more custom now than he was back then. I was mostly active in the rp section, so mostly roleplayers would have been the ones that remember the most. And wow, didn't know you were an admin there Akito XD

I do vaguely remember a "Tails Fanatic," but then I always figured there had to be at least a couple of people with similar iterations. XD - If you left around 2007, then that's about a little less than a year when I joined the staff, so that's why. X)

It was the first forum I really connected with, and I met a lot of really great people there. I was even a moderator for a while, and with the power of hindsight I can honestly say I was a bit of an uptight douche about it sometimes. KevinTheMan, Lucky Winters, JezMM, Mark, Sugarcoatedpoison, and many more made it a great forum to be a part of, but the head admin's constant "BIG BIG PROJECTS" that she never thought through and never ever followed through on really kicked the forum in the balls, and were the main reason I left in the end.

Who remembers that debacle? Sonic Kingdom, etcetera...? The first iteration as a major roleplay project was actually kind of fun, but the second, and the third and the fourth, and then the wiki attempt, and gawd it just went on. The best thing she could've done was just leave the whole thing well enough alone. The community itself could have sustained the site.

I remember somebody called Turrican. If that was you, I remember! Also, I agree with the Big Projects part.

I also remember you MarioMurderer, always thought that was a funny nickname!

OMG I REMEMBER YOU!

Also, Turrican you are forgiven!

I find this funny, we have all been dickering with eachother for a good while now and the entire time we didn't know that we all used to know eachother from loooong long ago. XD

It's an annoyingly catchy Disney ride, isn't it?

It goes to show how devoted the community is overall that everyone's stuck around for this long and has migrated to other big sites in order to get their Sonic fan fix.

I really regret not getting active on the Sonic social scene until 2012. But what can ya do?

xD Remember? I was BlizShadow, the hardassed mod/admin at the time. So yeah, we were actually on the same team for a minute. It's a small world after all, and it's making me tempted to see who else on here is from Sonic Blast. I know Blaire is at least.

I can't remember too much of the stuff, but I definitely remember the name BlizShadow. Wow, it is surprising that I have been around you before and didn't realize it. Yeah, I found Blaire right after I showed up here and said Hi. I know Metalix is around, but I haven't really said hi that much. Still, nice to see you again, even if he we have been talking for awhile now XD

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. =)

Anyway, I was never a member of Sonicanime.net, though I did find myself looking through the fanfics/fancharacters and RP sections on occasion. Unfortunately, I can't remember too much about it. ^^;;

Though, was anyone here a member of Fans United for SatAM or Saturday Morning Sonic? I was there for a bit under the names Michelle the Amazing/Agent Blaire Fields.

Oh noes! ;-; Welp, better take a look around before everything goes next year~

Btw I don't think we ever did meet on SA.net Tara, because if you joined the staff around 2006-2007 I'd already moved on to SSMB by then. Or maybe we did? I'm not sure. XD

Makes me wonder who the staffer was that made haiku's.

Oh noes! ;-; Welp, better take a look around before everything goes next year~

Btw I don't think we ever did meet on SA.net Tara, because if you joined the staff around 2006-2007 I'd already moved on to SSMB by then. Or maybe we did? I'm not sure. XD

Makes me wonder who the staffer was that made haiku's.

I do remember seeing your name pop up occasionally around the 2005/2006 era, and I do remember seeing you around before I joined in 2005.  I don't think I got to actually know you though. =P

• Thumbs Up 1

That sucks that the site is going offline, but it really doesn't surprise me. Actually, I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. 

But at least we'll have a little more time to enjoy the nostalgia before we all have to move on. 

Shayne Edwards' primary focus from now on is going to be Sonic Revolution. The closure of Sonic Anime isn't too much of a surprise with that in mind, actually!

Even though I hadn't visited that site in years I'm a little sad about this.

• Thumbs Up 1

When in doubt, I suppose there's always the Way Back Machine or whatever it was called...

Unfortunately the site costs money to keep up and running, and money is something that the Revolution project has had concerns about from time to time, so it's a tragic necessity as a business move.

• 2 years later...

Hate to necro this old thread, but yeah I was there too. Had several accounts, actually. Ozymandias J Llewellyn, TyVulpine, Ty, etc. Was fun going there and seeing RisingPhoenix, Malystigan, Kevin, etc. BTW, if anyone's still in contact with them or Tails2K (especially Malstyigan), let me know. :3