Awoo.

Sly Cooper Movie / TV Series

T-Min

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=759215

CFiozKu.png

Sly Cooper is a kinetic and comedic heist film that tells the story of Sly Cooper, an orphaned raccoon thief, along with his childhood friends and partners in crime, Bentley Turtle and Murray Hippo. In the film, Sly learns of his birth family’s secret legacy; that he comes from a long line of talented and international thieves. Endowed with this knowledge, Sly and his friends are catapulted into a global adventure as they race to reassemble pieces of an ancient book holding The Cooper Clan’s family secrets before it can fall into the hands of Clockwerk – an evil Russian metallic owl bent on ending the Cooper family line. From romantic Parisian backdrops to the lush mountains of China, gritty film noir meets bright, colorful graphic novels in this origin story of the world’s greatest thief-turned-hero. 

Release Date 2016
Genre CG Animation
Studio Blockade Entertainment and Rainmaker Entertainment
Directed By Kevin Munroe
Written By Kevin Munroe
Screenplay By Kevin Munroe
Produced By Brad Foxhoven and David Wohl

byhiQRE.jpg

BczBKSu.jpg

AKEGrvU.jpg

Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/SlyCooperMovie?fref=tck

Official site:

http://slycoopermovie.com/

Link to the trailer only goes to a private video, but that may change. Bit uncanny that this would come about on my birthday. Not...sure what to think. That art style is definitely a very odd choice, and the fact that it's being written and directed by the same guy responsible for TMNT 2007 doesn't give me much hope either. I've always wanted something like this, but this whole situation seems very...iffy. I kinda hope it's fake, but it would certainly be an elaborate hoax in that case. Maybe the trailer will leave a better impression, but so far...eesh, it doesn't seem very promising if it's real, to me anyway. But I don't know, what do you guys think?

• Thumbs Up 3

Link to the trailer only goes to a private video, but that may change. Bit uncanny that this would come about on my birthday. Not...sure what to think. That art style is definitely a very odd choice, and the fact that it's being written and directed by the same guy responsible for TMNT 2007 doesn't give me much hope either. I've always wanted something like this, but this whole situation seems very...iffy. I kinda hope it's fake, but it would certainly be an elaborate hoax in that case. Maybe the trailer will leave a better impression, but so far...eesh, it doesn't seem very promising if it's real, to me anyway. But I don't know, what do you guys think?

On the other hand, it does give me hope. TMNT 2007 was fantastic.

It is a bit weird to see Sly not cel-shaded, but I can't say it looks particularly bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

On the other hand, it does give me hope. TMNT 2007 was fantastic.

Hmm...maybe I should watch it again. It seemed to have a much better reception among fans than critics, so idk. Maybe if the story and characters are true to the source material, that's all I need. I'm glad that this is happening, I'm just a tad skeptical about how it will turn out.

And yeah, Sly's design is growing on me a lot. Maybe Bentley will too. Can't see myself saying the same for Murray, though.

Honestly, even if this turns out to be a hoax, this film is probably already miles above the stupid stuff we saw for the new live action TMNT film.

While the character designs and overall look feel a bit generic for whatever reason (maybe I'm just so used to the instantly recognizable cel-shaded art style they've always had before), I still would really love this to be true. Well I guess it's sorta an on the fence thing. I'd just want so bad for it to be really good and fantastic but of course not 100% on thinking it'd turn out that way. As long as it could be pretty faithful to the games' overall tone and style with characters, writing, and charm, I think I could swallow anything else it threw at me that was different. The idea of big screen Sly narrations on scene setting and giving backstory to villains is just way too good to pass up.

Back on the designs though, it seems like Bently is largely untouched which is rad, Sly is kinda this "so much yes, but holy shit no" inner debate with myself, and Murry is kinda just straight up horrifying. Makes me curious of what other characters would look like, and if my nose will bleed when I see Carmelita Fox.

don't judge me, >:U

• Thumbs Up 4

don't judge me, >:U

I was actually gonna say the same about Carmelita myself. They better not screw her up!

Funny how this came the day after I beat Thieves in Time. :lol:

But my god, Murray. They REALLY hit an odd spot with him. It's funny that as far as Sly goes, I can still hear match his voice to his new design. Things look a lot more realistic than in the games, but considering the games were just a cartoony version of our world, I don't have too much of a problem with it. And I really like Sly's new threads!

If this ain't a hoax, then it's definitely trying to follow Ratchet's lead in going from game to film.

Dat Murray. My god, what have they done to him?

But overall, the movie itself looks interesting: i'll stay tuned for more news.

I'm not convinced that this contains a single shred of truth considering there's no trailer or press statement in sight as with the Ratchet & Clank movie, or at least a reliable source in Heavenly Sword's case that isn't just a Facebook page that any schmuck can make. It makes even less sense for Sony to redesign the cast while remaining faithful to the R&C designs.

Hoping for some indication that this is the real deal when I wake up in the morning (actually, no I'm not, those designs are just fucking no), but for now I'm not excited for what simply looks like a pretty elaborate hoax to me.

• Thumbs Up 2

As has been mentioned, it's suspicious there's no official press release or something of the sort like there was for the Ratchet and Heavenly Sword films. That the art design was altered so much also raises questions, particularly given that Ratchet's going to be pure CGI while this movie is going in a "CGI in real environments" look.

Overall it just seems fishy. While I want to believe... at the same time this seems like a rather odd move on Sony's part.

But hey, who knows. Maybe Sony's caught a case of the Buffles Syndrome.

Edit: It says that there's a trailer on the official page. However, attempting to view it leads to it saying that it's private.

Allll aboard the hype train, people!

So if the timestamp is right they should be announcing a new film in just a few minutes. Give it an hour.

I'm optimistic... how's everyone else?

I think they might have released the actual website too soon and are waiting for a trailer reveal.

I still don't like at all Murray's design (sorry, but he looks just awful), but Sly and Bentley are ok: i especially like the fact that Sly has actual pants now, probably to reduce/nullify possible controversies.

Looking over the comments made by fans elsewhere, it seems Sly with pants is the new Knuckles with fingers.

We're about due for that big announcement based on Blockade's Tweet... I'm anxiously refreshing here but think I should give it a few hours despite their estimates.

Anyone have any idea on how Blockade's announcements are usually made? Facebook, Twitter, etc.?

Anyone have any idea on how Blockade's announcements are usually made? Facebook, Twitter, etc.?

Usually Twitter.

Eh, kind of disappointed if you ask me. The art style is so generic and lifeless, considering this is the same guy who brought us TMNT 2007. Why use this bland art style over what made the games so special? It felt as though you were playing a cartoon which stood out from the rest at the time. They could have use the assets from Sanzaru in the film but no, they decided to go for a whole new approach.

Even the PSMH designs looked better than this and they weren't even cel-shaded.

That's the suspicious thing, I think.

It says on Blockade's sites that they usually already-made game assets for movies, cartoons, etc.

Ergo, this is out of character - why would they make new models entirely?

Same studio that Sony commissioned the Ratchet movie from.

Probably legit.

That's the suspicious thing, I think.

It says on Blockade's sites that they usually already-made game assets for movies, cartoons, etc.

Ergo, this is out of character - why would they make new models entirely?

Ratchet's assets are of pretty high cinematic fidelity as is. Sly assets pale in comparison and a lot is bold and edgy video game cell-shading. Doesn't really translate into more cinematic scenes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Good cinematic cel-shading is much harder to pull off- Disney's managing to do it only about now. Videogame-quality cel-shading won't be accepted in the silver screen.

And I don't see how they can't still use assets and animations from the game for this like they're doing with Ratchet- IIRC, all they're doing in Ratchet is use the PS2 assets to save money in preliminary stages, on a later point of production switching them for better assets. No reason the same can't be done here.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sure the model will grow on us.

I just want confirmation from Blockade, or Sony, or someone else. The site means nothing - ANYONE could link to a site.

The movie's Facebook says the trailer will be live in thirty minutes.

Using the tool used to identify the Sonic film domains, not much is turning up: http://whois.domaintools.com/slycoopermovie.com

I want this to be real so much. Sly is ideal movie fodder, and I really like the stills posted in the OP. Not sure about The Murray's chin though... yeesh.

I just have this terrible feeling we're gonna get Raccoon Rolled and the trailer's bogus.

The IP is suspicious, the shift in design raises eyebrows, there's no official sources... what gives me hope is that Blockade said they have something special regarding another film. This could be real... or it could not.

I guess 24 minutes is just too much time to wait. tongue.png

Double post because awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFNJW8AoYSs

Pretty sure this is legit, guys.

I think this is gonna be awesome from the trailer alone.

Now I'm pondering if, as Riku suggested, we'll see a Jak movie in 2017 with a crossover in 2018, Avengers style. Probably not but who knows!

At first I thought it was gonna be Sly in real life settings but it looks to be pure CGI. I think this is promising.

...is that Kevin Miller as Sly? I can't tell.

• Thumbs Up 6

Really not liking Murray's character model there. God, that chin, yick!

Everything else is fine, but Murray... why? Why?

I was afraid of how Sly looked at first but he looks really good in action!

Bently's all good.

Muarry......yeesh

All and all, call me hyped. Trailer captured the games's humor for the most part.