Awoo.

Sly Cooper Movie / TV Series

T-Min

Why does everyone else (seemingly) have their game voices but Sly? Why did they change him but no one else? I mean I don't hate his voice here but...I like the game one more.

Other then that and the horrible-looking Muarry, this looks pretty alright. 

I'm hopeful Kevin Miller just couldn't get his lines in on time and they got someone to stand in for him; it's happened with other projects if memory serves.

Here's hoping they get Kevin to voice him; it would just be wrong otherwise!

I wouldn't mind too much if the guy in this trailer voiced him as he does a pretty decent job, but Kevin Miller's still better. 

Really liked that trailer even if Murray looks off and not sure whether Sly is Kevin Miller (Bentley and Murray sounded like their regular voice actors from what I can tell) but I'm still a bit worried due to that movie adaptations of video games usually don't end well and this is someone who really likes Sly Cooper.

Like I was looking forward to Max Payne: The Movie but when I watched it, I didn't enjoy it very much and felt like the game had a better plot. It's was like someone only played the first hour or so of the game and made up the rest making it unfitting with the series, didn't even have much if any bullet time. Then there's Super Mario Bros. that I strangely like even though it is way off in terms of the tone making from go lucky happy environment of the games to something dark like Blade Runner for a younger audience. Plus there were other movies that don't fit with the tone like Double Dragon (made for a younger audience), Grand Theft Auto (it was rated PG while the games were almost always 18), in that era Mortal Kombat was probably the closest to the games. However I think now with games being more popular towards the audience, they can be more faithful to the original source like other adaptations such as books.

Have to wait until it goes to Blu-ray/DVD at the earliest before get a chance to watch this and the Ratchet & Clank movie.

I still think Sony should've wait to give Sly the movie treatment after the Ratchet movie is released into theaters and given a good response. This is just all over the place and not in a good sense IMHO.

If this does really bad in theaters, I just hope whatever Sanzaru is doing will reinvigorate Sly's reputation (IF they're developing a fifth title).

Yeah if anyone's still doubting, this is legit. Official Playstation twitter just confirmed it, and they have a post about it on PS Blog. I'm on my phone so sorry can't link. Quick visit to PS Blog confirms it tho.

I am hyped for this movie. I loved the Sly games, so this makes me smile!(though it will take some time for the models to grow on me)

I really hope these guys pull a Marvel on us. You know, after this releases Jak and Daxter movie in 2017, and then a crossover of the 3 in like 2018 or 19. Just wishful hoping, but still.

Hmm...

Well, I got some laughs out of that. Animation looks alright. The character models are still going to take some time to get used to, but it looks fine. I really do hope that's just a stand-in for Kevin Miller, though. If it's not, I can accept it, but it really does just feel wrong otherwise.

The designs will grow on us, I'm sure they have their reasons for making the changes.

With regards to the video game adaptions pessimism, bear in mind most video game adaptions have this plot: Real world gets turned into video game. Ratchet and Sly are doing it right and having their own worlds rather than forcing them into the human world. I think that's ultimately what makes or breaks most movies unless they were so predominantly human (e.g. Resident Evil) to begin with it doesn't make much difference.

Wait, what was wrong with sly's voice in the trailer, he sounds pretty much the same way he does in the games?

Just watched the teaser. I like it. I thought the characters looked fine, especially Sly.

Is the turtle voiced by the mayor from Powerpuff Girls?

Just watched the teaser. I like it. I thought the characters looked fine, especially Sly.

Is the turtle voiced by the mayor from Powerpuff Girls?

No, Bentley is voiced by Matt Olsen, the Mayor is voiced by Tom Kenny. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Dear god the designs look so bad I still think this looks fan-made. I dislike Sly's the least, but there's even something up with Bentley that I can't put my finger on.

Dear god the designs look so bad I still think this looks fan-made. I dislike Sly's the least, but there's even something up with Bentley that I can't put my finger on.

and murray looks rediculous, I mean really, they couldnt have kept his slightly more well blaanced form from the gmaes? sure he was tubby, but his body at least gelt proportionate... the other 2 I can live with but poor murray

This could be just only me but I find Murray's weird design for the film resembling this concept art piece of Sly 4:

Sly%2Band%2Bthe%2BGang%2Bwith%2Blogo_Pau

This could be just only me but I find Murray's weird design for the film resembling this concept art piece of Sly 4:

Sly%2Band%2Bthe%2BGang%2Bwith%2Blogo_Pau

Waitwaitwaitwaitwait a second

6Bzev.jpg

6BzpX.jpg

those NECKS

Talk about hideous.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yep, I'm interested now.

But I don't think I'll ever get over Murray's design like I have Sly's. Just...damn, wtf?