Awoo.

Newbie suggestion

Uraraka

Absolutely uh-uh.

Sorry for being blunt, but we have enough drama between regular members and old guards as it is, and we're already intimidating enough when new members join. We don't need to risk making things more of a pain, and I'm not just talking about what the mods will have to deal with. Having a usergroup specific for newbies is just painting a bullseye for more passive-aggressive with less noble moods to pick on, and many of us have been here long enough to see the extent of how frustrated mods and even members can get when there's a lot of bickering and shit-flinging here.

We were all newbies at once, some of us took a lot more time to mesh with this community than others, but it was less intimidating to have a banner that specifically designated you as a newbie. Just the name alone has an air of contempt to it, and to have a newbie usergroup would just lead to stereotyping and a great deal of elitism between them and non-newbies. And I don't think we should abandon that - I, for one, predict a subtle, but rapid change to occur between members if it were ever done.

• Thumbs Up 2