Awoo.

Sonic Runn..er wait... "SSMB YOU CREATED A TIME PARADOX!"

Badnik Mechanic

Here's what I want in the upcoming Sonic game in 2015.

1:  Bring back Boosting Formula back.

2: Gameplay in the mould of the Adventure games and Unleashed. Hopefully the gameplay is better than both of those games.

3: 100 rings= 1 life.

4: As it will probably in 3D, I want consistent gameplay, no annoying glitches.

5: Level design to be great I want more of the same great 3D levels that we got in SA1, SA2 and Unleashed.

6: Local co-op multiplayer and online multiplayer.

7: Fun mini-games. like Sonic Adventure DX.

8: Other characters playable preferably Tails, Knuckles and Amy as they are other main heroes apart from Sonic.

9: Also would like to see the likes of Shadow and Silver, to appear not neccessarily as Playable characters . But, for them to make a appearance. Altough I want to play as Shadow again in a main game.

10: A good storyline which is not too cheesy.

I'm sorry but you're saying you want the boost back AND the other characters playable, how do you think Sonic Team would make that possible? I think both things could be implemented together, but Iizuka already say they aren't capable of that. The other alternative would be having Sonic with the boost and the friends with a totally different gameplay... and so we'd enter the SA2 room, and everybody would criticize it. I agree with the rest though, but don't get your hopes up for minigames and online multiplayer.

• Thumbs Up 2

I Think lost world gameplay would fit better with other playable characters like tails and knuckles. And sonic can have lost world and boost gameplay, except his gameplay is mostly boost.

I think what we want is confirmation that Sonic Team is going to reveal the next big Sonic game this year. That's what they're claiming and we don't know where to find it in that article.

I think what we want is confirmation that Sonic Team is going to reveal the next big Sonic game this year. That's what they're claiming and we don't know where to find it in that article.

I'm guessing it's a late response to this

sonicboom-film.jpg

If thats the case then I dont see anything about a new game. All they are talking about is the download things in Sonic Lost World. (Zelda, Nights, Yoshis iland) but nothing about a new game. And the fan reactions to the DLCs

There we go. Case closed. Thank you, Sonniku/ :)

If they do end up bringing the boost back, I'd like to see some sort of LW/Generation hybrid of control and level design like Desert Ruins Act 1's openness but with actual stuff and paths

• Thumbs Up 3

Wait, wait wait. Before we come to that final conclusion, let's try the Wayback Machine on that article and see if it's been revised since. You know, because maybe there's been a slip of info that was wiped out quickly afterward.

If they do end up bringing the boost back, I'd like to see some sort of LW/Generation hybrid of control and level design like Desert Ruins Act 1's openness but with actual stuff and paths

That would basically be Sonic Lost World on the ground and a Spin Dash that's pulled off without charging up, which I'm all for.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looking at the Softpedia article, it's sourcing that 4gamer article for its main report about the DLC. The stuff about Sonic Team's game at the end is simply speculation on their part. They're basically referencing past reports where SEGA and Iizuka have said Sonic Team are still going to do their own thing, while BRB work on Boom.

• Thumbs Up 1

That would basically be Sonic Lost World on the ground and a Spin Dash that's pulled off without charging up, which I'm all for.

Well there'd be multiple paths that could be found with boosting, parkour, or Wisps. Basically the Zelda DLC level but done RIGHT

For what it's worth, Sonic Team is definitely working on a Sonic game that will be in the traditional style. It's not like they're just sitting around twiddling their thumbs.

I'm still hoping for All-Stars game next year and the next big Sonic game in 2016 for the 25th anniversary.

Welp, I am completely confused about that article now.

There's nothing to be confused about. Softpedia is simply speculating and the Japanese 4gamer article is just reporting about the Sonic Lost World DLC. Nothing has been said by Iizuka, Sonic Team or SEGA about the next Sonic game.

TLDR; There's nothing to see here.

nothing as even say about Sonic Boom (if i understand sotapedia and other article correct),

nZCTWHc.jpg

i even did a browser search. no Sonic Boom talk. Its just about fan reactions to DLCs, how they are done and if there are gonna be any more relase. im suprise they dont have a translaer on there staffs.

• Thumbs Up 5

nothing as even say about Sonic Boom (if i understand sotapedia and other article correct),

*screencap*

i even did a browser search. no Sonic Boom talk. Its just about fan reactions to DLCs, how they are done and if there are gonna be any more relase. im suprise they dont have a translaer on there staffs.

I think Softpedia are simply just saying that Sonic Team's game will be traditional compared to what's currently going on with Boom and are speculating about information being released later this year. Because Softpedia are using 4gamer as a source for their main DLC report, I think other news sites and readers thought their speculation was quoted in the 4gamer article.

They said parkour was a one time thing, that might come back if well received. So they didn't scrap it, they just never had any proper intention of bringing it back. That'll be 5 bucks. tongue.png

When did they say that?

I think Softpedia are simply just saying that Sonic Team's game will be traditional compared to what's currently going on with Boom and are speculating about information being released later this year. Because Softpedia are using 4gamer as a source for their main DLC report, I think other news sites and readers thought their speculation was quoted in the 4gamer article.

i see. i notice soft was talking about DLCs. and then say a traditinal Sonic game and then everyone else start to say it.

Here is the summarised version.

• 4gamers does an interview with Iizuka.
  • Iizuka says things.
  • Softpedia comments on the interview and then says 'oh Sonic team are making a traditional Sonic game'
  • People go crazy and think Iizuka has confirmed a traditional Sonic game.
  • Some people then translate the interview and find no evidence anything was said.
  • Someone who actually speaks Japanese translates the interview and also confirms he didn't mention anything about a traditional Sonic game.
  • Thumbs Up 7

When did they say that?

Last year, I think it was Summer Of Sonic or Sonic Boom.

Last year, I think it was Summer Of Sonic or Sonic Boom.

Oh.

Then why even bother with it in the first place?