Awoo.

Sonic Runn..er wait... "SSMB YOU CREATED A TIME PARADOX!"

Badnik Mechanic

Out of sheer curiosity, I averaged the amount of time between a previous main series game's release and the next main series game's announcement to figure out when the next game is likely to be announced. I did this for all of the games since Sonic '06. To simplify things, I counted Sonic 4 as a single game when I calculated this (in other words, I ignored Sonic 4: Episode 1, but took Sonic 4: Episode 2 into consideration). I came to the result that the next game will be announced sometime around July 2014. Obviously, this is a very, very rough estimation, but I thought it was worth noting nonetheless.

Tl;dr, it's very likely that the next main series Sonic game will be announced at either E3 or Sonic Boom this year.

I think at most we'd see a teaser at Boom 2014 or E3. I'm sure if they really want to take away from Sonic Boom (the game)'s thunder though and make us wait until next Spring.

Given Boom's status as a spinoff it's always possible they'd announce a second game, I suppose... did we know about Generations and Transformed at the same time or anything like that?

I remember back in the Unleashed years they had several games announced in rapid succession, but they usually came out around the same time.

Well, Iizuka wants the Wisps to become a series staple, so I guess we can assume that they'll be returning for Sonic Team's new game. If we get any incoming hints of the Boost returning, I'll instantly be expecting another Sonic Colors styled game.

to be honest I want a Sonic Colors like game. I love the boost and the wisps and I want them to come back. they add so much fun and exploreing to the levels i just have a blast with them.

I just want a Sonic game with gameplay that isn't slow paced like Lost World but at the same time isn't an on-rails arcade runner like the Boost trilogy, a game that plays like Sonic Adventure with some elements of boost would be perfect imo.

The boost gameplay I like. However, I feel Lost World's gameplay model is full of potentail as well, and I'd like to see it refined for another installment.

If the boost gameplay returns, however, then I won't complain. I'm happy either way.

I want neither the boost or the parkour gameplay to return. I'd rather they just return to Sonic's Sonic Adventure gameplay.

Also, can we not have Green Hill 57.0?

• Thumbs Up 8

Debate over wether or not a non boom game is in the works? That poster board in the OP is pretty clear, unannounced Sonic game that is not WiiU exclusive.

The question remains: re use a formula or invent a whole new brand of failure? How many times can one group reinvent the same character? However many that is, it wasn't enough for Sega who are now outsourcing reinventions.

Well, unless there's a PC version, I can't imagine I'll be along for the ride.

Well, unless there's a PC version, I can't imagine I'll be along for the ride.

Ditto. I'm not buying into a console specifically for a Sonic game (those days are long gone), and my computer is more than capable of running whatever they throw out. No PC version, no buy.

Also, can we not have Green Hill 57.0?

Fine, fine......INTRODUCING LIME HILL ZONE!! THE NEW TOTALLY ORIGINAL BUT FAMILIAR NEW STAGE!!

All I want is just a good game that's enjoyable and can be replayed over and over.

• Thumbs Up 4

Count me as another who wants a return to Sonic's SA1 gameplay, though I personally don't want Sonic Team to bother with anything regarding the core gameplay. from any of the later 3D Sonic games on top of that. No Wisps, no genre roulette, no boost/on-rails gameplay, no (co-op) team mechanics, no parkour, nothing. Maybe (optional) gameplay additions/unlockables such as collectibles, the skill shop, and bonus content (i.e. music, concept art, movies, etc.) can be retained, but little if anything whatsoever in terms of ideas/concepts that significantly affect the core gameplay. If they want to re-explore with any those things I'd rather they get the core gameplay right first and then tread carefully afterwards.

And if they (by themselves) ever bother with another 2D game, the same rules apply for any game made after Advance 1, though I think getting away from Sonic 4's influence should be top priority above all else in that department, especially if they risk making another Genesis-styled Sonic game (which going by how badly Sonic 4 burned the bridges in that department, won't be anytime soon if not ever).

• Thumbs Up 1

I really don't want boost to return. It's been in the Sonic games for many years now and I want them to change it up a bit. Parkour can stay but they should definitely polish it up a bit more. It would be a shame to introduce it in one game and then scrap it forever.

As for the Wisps, unless there's a story-related reason to why those little buggers are there then please leave them out. And don't force us to use them!

• Thumbs Up 4

The closest we are going to get to another game with SA1 design and gameplay - which I would also like brought back - will be the Sonic Boom game. The gameplay for Boom is supposed to take ideas from games like Jak & Daxter and Uncharted. Therefore, I can't see Sonic Team trying to create a similar type game in 2015.

I'd like to see a game similar to SLW with better - momentum/tight - controls and more creative level design.

Like I said before, I wouldn't mind them doing the Lost World gameplay as long as they refine the gameplay and level design enough to make it play better. However, I do have to agree with you guys on that. I would much rather prefer them just using the Adventure gameplay again.

Why did they stop using the Adventure gameplay in the first place?

06 happened. Among other aspects and events.

Oddly, Lost World felt very much like Adventure to me, aside from the level design. Basically, if they tweak the gameplay a bit and take some inspiration from SA1 regarding level design (which they really should, honestly, even if it wasn't perfect), I'd be pretty happy.

• Thumbs Up 6

Why did they stop using the Adventure gameplay in the first place?

06 happened.

They then thought "Well '06 was quite the piece of shit, so let's switch up the gameplay." And thus the boost was born. Totally not a year before '06s release.

Maybe because there were people complaining about the Fishing, Mech Shooters and Treasure Hunting mechanics.

Jovahexeon la Jovahexeon: That could be it too.