Awoo.

Sonic Runn..er wait... "SSMB YOU CREATED A TIME PARADOX!"

Badnik Mechanic

I must concur.

It's obnoxious that the PC version gets all the love and none of the others do.

I know the excuse that's used is "porting is expensive." No, no it is not. It might be somewhat tedious... but it's hardly expensive. If indie games with almost no budget can do it, there is no reason a company with billions of dollars cannot.

I've said that numerous times in the past... and I always will say it, because it remains true. If the DLC is going to be PC exclusive... make the game PC exclusive entirely.

It would be like if Lost World was multiplatform and all the DLC only was for Wii U.

Well hold on a bit there, sure its bad that we didn't get any DLC for the consoles but I'm still pretty okay with the game being on system's in the first place, especially since we're not missing out on anything too important (new playable modes, tracks, music, etc.)

It's a bit of a slap in the face that they're the same price. Some DLC is paid for, this is true... but at the same time, there's still more options overall for the PC version. It rubs me the wrong way that someone who wants those characters and bought the console version is told "too bad, so sad" and if they want them they need to buy the game a second time.

Were the versions made so each had their own exclusive DLC, that'd be fine... each has its perks and people can choose. But the PC version has an obvious advantage for those who are interested in DLC.

If you're someone who's just buying Transformed, then yes, it won't matter. But if you already owned it? Well, that's buckets of fun because now you have to buy it again.

And I say this as someone who has purchased the game three times - PC, PS3, and 360.

It's a bit of a slap in the face that they're the same price. Some DLC is paid for, this is true... but at the same time, there's still more options overall for the PC version. It rubs me the wrong way that someone who wants those characters and bought the console version is told "too bad, so sad" and if they want them they need to buy the game a second time.

Were the versions made so each had their own exclusive DLC, that'd be fine... each has its perks and people can choose. But the PC version has an obvious advantage for those who are interested in DLC.

If you're someone who's just buying Transformed, then yes, it won't matter. But if you already owned it? Well, that's buckets of fun because now you have to buy it again.

And I say this as someone who has purchased the game three times - PC, PS3, and 360.

I guess, sides I will admit that they really didn't plan the release as good as they could have with this game (pre-order bonuses weren't gotten, glitches everywhere, release dates were pretty mixed up apparently, etc.) this just seems like one of those games that really should've had more time in house before being released.

• 1 month later...

It just occurred to me, Sumo is doing LBP3, Dimps is working on DBXV, and Sonic Team are probably working on the 25th anniversary game so maybe the information about a 2015 game was false as Sega said.

Or maybe they are still split into two teams.

After all, it still makes sense. Big Team come off making Generations and move to the next game. Small Team come away from Colours, help finish Generations, then move to Lost World. Big Team are still in the works of the 25th Anniversary game, but get an extra two years dev time on it, so the Small Team aren't needed. Small Team then while away the time with a new small or side Sonic game. Though I can't really think of what that could be, unless it's a remake of a cross-gen game from a number of years ago... No. I won't go there.

Has there ever been a drought in Sonic games before?

Not in the last 15 years.

Last notable drought was between S3K and SA1.

In 2012. The only games we've had that year is Sonic 4: Episode 2 (which came out in the spring) and Transformed.

Maybe not but it sure feels like it whenever I come here and people growing easily irritable about the lack of Sonic news/games.

Hope the 2015 game is on PC, as I have no interest in getting any of the platforms it's currently slated to be on.

Hope the 2015 game is on PC, as I have no interest in getting any of the platforms it's currently slated to be on.

It might be, given Generations and ASRT.

I wouldn't get my hopes up about it too much though.

Sumo is a good-sized team with 170 employees. It's possible they could be working on two games. Sonic Team's split in two, and I think they probably have far fewer employees at this point.

Never mind it'd be weird to not follow up on Transformed's success at some point. It and the first All Stars Racing beat the pants off contemporary mainstream Sonic in terms of its critical reception. It also makes up a fair chunk of sales, comparable to how Mario Kart has sold over 1/5 of Mario's sales. After the sales disaster that was Lost World... a new racer could probably help.

Of course we'd still be in a weird spot. Sonic Team could be making games for both 2015 and 2016, with All Stars 4 planned for 2017... but that'd be a 5 year gap, which is a bit absurd.

Could we possibly get both a Sonic Team game and All Stars 4 in the same year? It stands to reason that the larger Sonic Team is coming out with something in 2015 as they would have had 4 years. That means that the main title for the 25th anniversary is likely to be fairly small, so a good All Stars title to supplement it would make sense.

Sumo is a good-sized team with 170 employees. It's possible they could be working on two games. Sonic Team's split in two, and I think they probably have far fewer employees at this point.

Never mind it'd be weird to not follow up on Transformed's success at some point. It and the first All Stars Racing beat the pants off contemporary mainstream Sonic in terms of its critical reception. It also makes up a fair chunk of sales, comparable to how Mario Kart has sold over 1/5 of Mario's sales. After the sales disaster that was Lost World... a new racer could probably help.

But they are... the 360 port of Forza Horizon 2 is being done by them. Given that they are already working on a racing game, they may have left the ASR series behind for what seem to be bigger and better things; it was pretty obvious ASRT was rushed a fair bit and I'm fairly sure there's some stuff they may have wanted to do but were cut short by SEGA.

Then again, SEGA are known for weird decisions.

I'd think a port leaves some room for another game to be developed given it's not really building a game from scratch, as far as I know. So I'm hopeful there is another All Stars game planned...

It would be pretty weird if it wasn't by Sumo, though.

And a darn shame. Steve Lycett is a fantastic guest at Boom and SoS.

Yeah. Fact of the matter is, with Sumo working on both LittleBigPlanet 3 and Forza Horizon 2 X360, there's not much room for anything else.

Unless they somehow split into three teams, but that really is a stretch.

On the subject of All-Stars games, they could get Dimps to make an All-Stars Fighting game. As far as I know, they're well liked by Fighting game community.

• 8 months later...

Hello, people of Earth in the year 2014! I've come from the future to tell you about Sonic Team's first game of 2015, a mobile app called Sonic Runners which turned out to be pretty kickass!

Anyway, I finally unlocked Tails and Charmy a couple of days ago. Flying characters are fun, but I'm disappointed that they don't at least have a double jump and the glide is pretty confusing in terms of how many times I can activate it and how long I can use it.

So is this the Runners thread? I believe we need a new 2015 thread, yes?

Anyway, I need to play to again, I've left it a couple of days. Anyone else just play it at random times rather than at points where it would make sense (i.e. train trips, etc)?

Yeah I think the 2015 thread may have been the Runners thread...

(Do we have a US release date? AN OFFICIAL DATE?)

Yeah I think the 2015 thread may have been the Runners thread...

(Do we have a US release date? AN OFFICIAL DATE?)

yeah this one ended up becoming the Sonic Runners thread since conversation naturally went into it.

Sonic Runners' visual style still look great and like an awesome blend between Classic and Modern, and the simple environment makes a nice mix. The music is still pretty awesome and it's great to see characters that aren't Sonic playable, even if this on mobile, but nice nonetheless.

Also, I heard that the Chaotix are unlockable through a special colored egg. How rare is that exactly?

Sonic Runners' visual style still look great and like an awesome blend between Classic and Modern, and the simple environment makes a nice mix. The music is still pretty awesome and it's great to see characters that aren't Sonic playable, even if this on mobile, but nice nonetheless.

Also, I heard that the Chaotix are unlockable through a special colored egg. How rare is that exactly?

You get the egg's by beating a boss in one go, I think.

Somebody pointed out it was pretty unfair on more experienced players who faced harder bosses & had fewer opportunities to get them, I think it was Hogfather on the IRC chat?