Awoo.

Sonic Runn..er wait... "SSMB YOU CREATED A TIME PARADOX!"

Badnik Mechanic

I hate to be that poster, but uh you guys do remember the last hype train you were one? Most of you are still pulling twisted steel out of your organs.

Let's wait until we get concrete info before hyping about anything. This could be a video game adaptation of Sonic Boom for all we know.

Don't even joke about that.

Once again, I'd advise everyone to not get hyped, period - for all we know, the multiplatform stuff may be entirely false.

Though I will be amused if all three versions are entirely the same except with different resolutions. Maybe I should keep some popcorn prepared just in case.

• Thumbs Up 3

So is M&S @ Sochi 2014 so I doubt it.

Well in the case of that game, 2014 is smack-dab in the title, the game's based off the Winter Olympics happening this year, and it was practically released on the brink of 2014. I can see why SEGA would list Sochi 2014 all wily nily, but not so with Lost World. Especially with the potential for a Sonic 3 & Knuckles-esque sequel to reform that abrupt ending.

Well it should due to textures and stuff, but downgraded should only be in graphics.

Exactly! The graphics should be the only thing downgraded in the game since the Wii U is still weaker than Ps4/Xbone. But this isn't like the Wii where it was so weak it had to have a completely different version altogether, tailored for the console's limitations. I mean bloody hell the Wii U isn't a super HD console but it's not THAT weak.

So if this game is releasing 2015 and Sonic's 25th Anniversary is in 2016, I wonder if there's going to be a game to commemorate that milestone?

• Thumbs Up 5

I hate to be that poster, but uh you guys do remember the last hype train you were one? Most of you are still pulling twisted steel out of your organs.

Let's wait until we get concrete info before hyping about anything. This could be a video game adaptation of Sonic Boom for all we know.

Don't even joke about that.

Well, Frogging, that's actually quite a logical guess Soma has. SEGA probably really wants to push Sonic and make him more recognizable to the general public. Releasing a video game based on the show around the same time the show airs could raise the show's popularity, thus pushing Sonic's popularity further. If it succeeds, they could get quite a number of new fans, which would be good for merchandising. However, I highly doubt it's gonna happen.

I'm going to be a little miffed if they've went back on the three-game partnership with Nintendo. It isn't Nintendo's fault that Sonic Lost World was sub-par.

There are far too many reasons to list as to why they might have canned the partnership and they are indeed Nintendos fault.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, don't they have one more game to release with Nintendo for that contract of theirs? Did they just throw that out the window? Ha! guess it won't be that Sonic x Mario platformer after all.

I can't shake the feeling that this might be some sort of hoax, especially since that last hype train derailed so violently a while back

I'm going to be a little miffed if they've went back on the three-game partnership with Nintendo. It isn't Nintendo's fault that Sonic Lost World was sub-par.

Just be happy it's coming to the Wii U even with the lack-luster sales.
  • Thumbs Up 1

-Wii U runs at 720p, Xbone at 900p, and PS4 at 1080p

I'm sorry but if the Xbox One can't run this game at 1080p in 2015, then the console is a joke.

Anyway...how long until people start claiming that this new game is the game people have been asking for for years even though they already have it?

I'm sorry but if the Xbox One can't run this game in 1080p in 2015, then the console is a joke.

The console's been a joke since the beginning.  I bet it will run at 1080p, just 30fps or something. PS4 most likely 60fps. Wii U... erm... same as Xbone probably.

Edited by SwiftWinds

Netto!

Now hopefully there's a scenario where Dimps stays the fuck away from touching the Wii U version, and Sega lets the Colors team handle Wii U version. Unlike Wii/3DS, the Wii U is an actual HD platform that can handle the Hedgehog Engine, and i doubt the Dimps team have enough resources to build an HD title from scratch. 

I'm sorry but if the Xbox One can't run this game in 1080p in 2015, then the console is a joke.

Why specify the year? Will the Xbox One get stronger by then?

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering a lot of games on the Xbone are generally 900p for 60 FPS right now, that's the only logical idea. Maybe the console will be easier to develop for as time goes on like any other console.

There are far too many reasons to list as to why they might have canned the partnership and they are indeed Nintendos fault.

Surely once the deal is done it's done, they still have a 3-game "contract" with Nintendo?

Also while we're talking polished/unpolished versions... I wonder if 360/PS3 would also get a look-in, like PS2 Unleashed?

Anyways... I'm not feeling particularly hyped as there's very little to go on here. Seeing the Hype Train picture made me giggle though. :B

It's more likely that the PS4/XBO version of a multiplatform Sonic title will just be a slightly more polished version of a game that's built around Wii U level hardware since it'd be too much of a moneysink to do a "next generation" Sonic game that pushes hardware while still doing something that can fit on lower hardware. Sega's changed a lot since the Unleashed days.

I wouldn't mind this approach, especially if it could possibly lead to 60FPS in all versions.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why specify the year? Will the Xbox One get stronger by then?

He probably means that by 2015, most game developers will have learned how to utilize the hardware of the Xbox One to make games look great and run smooth.

• Thumbs Up 1

He probably means that by 2015, most game developers will have learned how to utilize the hardware of the Xbox One to make games look great and run smooth.

Yep, pretty much what I meant. 

You have to admit that if SLW and to an extent, M&S didn't end up the way they were quality-wise in reception, then they could have done somewhat better. Nintendo isn't blameless in the situation but neither are Sega's efforts. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Surely once the deal is done it's done, they still have a 3-game "contract" with Nintendo?

Also while we're talking polished/unpolished versions... I wonder if 360/PS3 would also get a look-in, like PS2 Unleashed?

Anyways... I'm not feeling particularly hyped as there's very little to go on here. Seeing the Hype Train picture made me giggle though. :B

To be honest, it looks like Sega used their escape/release clause on the contract. Lost World sold poorly, and Sega took a huge hammering on that as they had to do all the publishing for North America and Japanese regions.

They can't afford for this to happen again.

Did the Nintendo report specifically say Exclusive or did it says "#1 Destination for Sonic Titles"

If the former, there's probably an unannounced title coming soon. If the latter, it would mean what Carbo pointed out earlier in that the game would be built around the Wii U and then ported.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, pretty much what I meant. 

So why would that make the console pathetic? Wouldn't it be the developers fault (Who if are actually Sonic Team, have yet to work on it)?