Awoo.

Sonic Runn..er wait... "SSMB YOU CREATED A TIME PARADOX!"

Badnik Mechanic

I he the third exclusive is a 3DS game by Dimps. An original one, like Rush was.

That's highly likely, there wasn't anything about the 3rd Nintendo exclusive in this announcement, so a handheld exclusive would make sense. The last time we got a Sonic game only for handhelds was Sonic Chronicles, and that was nearly six years ago. I'm placing my bets on a Rush sequel or an original title, like you just said.

Much though I would like a new 3DS-exclusive game - even on Dimps's current form - then I suspect it's more that the exclusivity of the next game has lapsed.  The delay to 2015 is thus easily explained by the fact that they're having to expand development to the PS4 and XOne.  What was formerly a Nintendo-exclusive game to be ready in 2014 is now a multiplatform game that needs another year's work to hit all of those platforms.

Much though I would like a new 3DS-exclusive game - even on Dimps's current form - then I suspect it's more that the exclusivity of the next game has lapsed.  The delay to 2015 is thus easily explained by the fact that they're having to expand development to the PS4 and XOne.  What was formerly a Nintendo-exclusive game to be ready in 2014 is now a multiplatform game that needs another year's work to hit all of those platforms.

To be honest, I'd be okay with this. We don't need a main game every year. Then again with how whiny and impatient people got in 2012...

That being said I could see the third exclusive being a 3DS game or even a Wii U spinoff of some kind. I'd...also...be pretty okay with Lost World 2...depending on what they do with it...I'm sorry

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh I wish it could be another new and original handheld Sonic game! Was it really six years ago since we last saw one? D: I'm just so tired of all those lacklustre handheld ports by Dimps. They deserve another chance at making a Sonic Rush follow up or something new entirely.

• Thumbs Up 5

That would make a lot more sense and explain all the information. Good thinking Hoggy.

Edit: I was right. The SEGA blog post about the partnership didn't say anything about the games being exclusive. It only said the Wii U/3DS would be the #1 destination for Sonic games.

http://blogs.sega.com/2013/05/17/sega-and-nintendo-enter-exclusive-partnership-for-sonic-the-hedgehog/

Basically, that could either mean we're getting an additional exclusive on the Wii U or that the game is being built on the Wii U.

OMG. How can I possibly miss out something like this? *facepalm* This does not mean all games are exclusive! >.<

That would make a lot more sense and explain all the information. Good thinking Hoggy.

Edit: I was right. The SEGA blog post about the partnership didn't say anything about the games being exclusive. It only said the Wii U/3DS would be the #1 destination for Sonic games.

http://blogs.sega.com/2013/05/17/sega-and-nintendo-enter-exclusive-partnership-for-sonic-the-hedgehog/

Basically, that could either mean we're getting an additional exclusive on the Wii U or that the game is being built on the Wii U.

Cool, but there was a news article last year explicitly announcing that there was to be a 2014 exclusive, not to mention that this source refers to it as "the third exclusive" too.

If this is the first game after the 3 exclusive deal, then it's good to see that SEGA still wants to put their games out on Wii U too. If it doesn't come to PC, then I'll be getting that version.

I REALLY hope there's still the 3rd exclusive for this year, I also find it really strange that Jazwares would know of a game not due until 2015. And why Sega would just say that if it did indeed come from them.

If this does turn out to be true, I really hope the Wii U version will be good. I don't wanna have to buy a PS4 just for one game.

The game is probably completely separate from the Wii U exclusive. Even if SEGA did want to end the partnership with Nintendo (which I don't think they would since they supported it so adamantly even despite failing sales) they're probably still contractually obligated to follow through with it regardless.

• Thumbs Up 3

For all we know, it could be another Sonic Racing game. It would make since for it to be on those 3 platforms then (and would mean it should be fine on all the platforms, look at the Wii version of the original All-Stars Racing).

Yeah I'm hoping this ends up on PC, too. I mean my computer probably couldn't handle it, but Generations being on PC was probably the best idea they ever had. I mean...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TnQVJWi1T4

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, ace. Five hours on Star Wars: The Old Republic and I come back to see this?

Movie, 2015 multi-platform game, and a demographic for Boom? Ace.

Here's what I'm thinking.

SEGA intentionally let this board be allowed up at the convention, then tomorrow [Hedgehog Day] "accidentally" let something slip about another game. A new Nintendo Direct is announced the day after, and in it is a full confirmation of the new game as well as the other DLC for Lost World.

As for what I want from the game, I've said it before and I'll say it again - if they can use the Adventure formula, perfect it, and make sure there's less of a genre roulette for other characters, I'd be happy. Generations and Unleashed were great, I'll admit that time and time again, but I want 3D Sonic games to stay 3D and not include 2D segments. And we can also lose the Wisps and get the proper powerups of Sonic back.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the movie. I'm sure it will be something good in the style of Wreck-it Ralph, or at least I hope it will. I've seen enough hints to that over the past year since Wreck-it Ralph was released. If it is based on Boom, though, I hope that it cements a deeper story for the show, or gets us used to the characters, kind of like The Clone Wars film did to the TV Series.

• Thumbs Up 5

Yeah I'm hoping this ends up on PC, too. I mean my computer probably couldn't handle it, but Generations being on PC was probably the best idea they ever had. I mean...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TnQVJWi1T4

Ohhh yes~! I'd take a good Sonic PC port akin to Generations indeed. Cannot say no to such choice, with the wonderful world of PC mods as an added bonus. X3

If this is a separate game, what does that mean for the quality? With Lost World in late 2013, the third exclusive in 2014 and the multiplatform game in 2015, it sounds like these games would end up pretty rushed, and with three teams working on three separate games their workforce would probably be stretched thin, unless one of the games is being handled by a third party.

If this is a separate game, what does that mean for the quality? With Lost World in late 2013, the third exclusive in 2014 and the multiplatform game in 2015, it sounds like these games would end up pretty rushed, and with three teams working on three separate games their workforce would probably be stretched thin, unless one of the games is being handled by a third party.

Maybe this time, they've just used one team that has members constantly swapping between the projects.

Why is Sonic Lost World and M&S Sochi 2014 listed in the 2014 category as a "new game", even though both clearly came out last year? If one wanted to say it was to keep the game relevant, clearly they would had just made a "2013" section and stuck it there or identified them as the series's "latest" games. There's also the fact that the "first animated CG film" bullet point is in the "New Show" section? I doubt they were using it to refer to the television series as a film, few if any people use that context without clarifying it as such. A lot of oversights in my opinion that I doubt were proofread and released as they were.

Why does this completely disregard the existence of the yet-to-be-announced third Wii U exclusive (unless Sega terminated their Nintendo publishing deal prematurely and made the game multiplatform, which I highly doubt they did)? I'm pretty sure the aforementioned three Sonic games are Nintendo exclusive, doesn't make sense to have the likes of Lost World (worth noting that the console version was started on PC and then moved to the Wii U) rendered permanently Nintendo exclusive, while another Sonic game is developed for the Wii U like Lost World but then goes multiplatform (without a PC version to boot, even though the previous multiplat game -Generations- got a Steam/PC release?). That would imply Sega specifically made Lost World a Nintendo exclusive despite having the ability to give the game PS4/Xbone ports, which I seriously doubt they would had done as by then they would had known of the sheer hype for the PS4 alone (I wouldn't count the Xbone, it had that DRM cancer hanging around it's neck like a noose around that time) had going for it pre-release around that time, as well as the Wii U starting to seriously falter in sales / sitting in drought season.

Why should we consider it official? Just because Jazwares leaked Generations information in the past that turned out to be true doesn't mean lightning will strike twice. Hell, this could be pure speculation on what they know (about Sonic Boom and the registered Sony movie domains) and what they assume will happen in the future (like Sega would really /not/ have a Sonic game for the PS4 and Xbone). When you boil down to it, it doesn't really say anything new other than "oh yeah there's a new Sonic game in the future BTW." Nothing concrete.

Unless this Jazwares panel gets merit to it's information via official release statement from Sega themselves shortly afterwards, consider me /highly/ skeptical that this is legitimate or not without erroneous/misinterpreted/predicted information. A lot of it simply doesn't add up in my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wasn't it confirmed that the "Zelda" DLC for Lost World would be released around this time?

Why is Sonic Lost World and M&S Sochi 2014 listed in the 2014 category as a "new game", even though both clearly came out last year? If one wanted to say it was to keep the game relevant, clearly they would had just made a "2013" section and stuck it there or identified them as the series's "latest" games. There's also the fact that the "first animated CG film" bullet point is in the "New Show" section? I doubt they were using it to refer to the television series as a film, few if any people use that context without clarifying it as such. A lot of oversights in my opinion that I doubt were proofread and released as they were.

Why does this completely disregard the existence of the yet-to-be-announced third Wii U exclusive (unless Sega terminated their Nintendo publishing deal prematurely and made the game multiplatform, which I highly doubt they did)? I'm pretty sure the aforementioned three Sonic games are Nintendo exclusive, doesn't make sense to have the likes of Lost World (worth noting that the console version was started on PC and then moved to the Wii U) rendered permanently Nintendo exclusive, while another Sonic game is developed for the Wii U like Lost World but then goes multiplatform (without a PC version to boot, even though the previous multiplat game -Generations- got a Steam/PC release?). That would imply Sega specifically made Lost World a Nintendo exclusive despite having the ability to give the game PS4/Xbone ports, which I seriously doubt they would had done as by then they would had known of the sheer hype for the PS4 alone (I wouldn't count the Xbone, it had that DRM cancer hanging around it's neck like a noose around that time) had going for it pre-release around that time, as well as the Wii U starting to seriously falter in sales / sitting in drought season.

Why should we consider it official? Just because Jazwares leaked Generations information in the past that turned out to be true doesn't mean lightning will strike twice. Hell, this could be pure speculation on what they know (about Sonic Boom and the registered Sony movie domains) and what they assume will happen in the future (like Sega would really /not/ have a Sonic game for the PS4 and Xbone). When you boil down to it, it doesn't really say anything new other than "oh yeah there's a new Sonic game in the future BTW." Nothing concrete.

Unless this Jazwares panel gets merit to it's information via official release statement from Sega themselves shortly afterwards, consider me /highly/ skeptical that this is legitimate or not without erroneous/misinterpreted/predicted information. A lot of it simply doesn't add up in my opinion.

The info is apparently directly from SEGA.

I have ALWAYS WANTED A SONIC MOVIE! PLEASE MAKE ONE THIS INSTANT SEGA.  I can wait one year. JUST ONE!!!

Also, i'm looking forward to the next Wii U version of the new Sonic Game because my wii u is the best. Better than that stinky old xbox one

Why is Sonic Lost World and M&S Sochi 2014 listed in the 2014 category as a "new game", even though both clearly came out last year? If one wanted to say it was to keep the game relevant, clearly they would had just made a "2013" section and stuck it there or identified them as the series's "latest" games. There's also the fact that the "first animated CG film" bullet point is in the "New Show" section? I doubt they were using it to refer to the television series as a film, few if any people use that context without clarifying it as such. A lot of oversights in my opinion that I doubt were proofread and released as they were. Why does this completely disregard the existence of the yet-to-be-announced third Wii U exclusive (unless Sega terminated their Nintendo publishing deal prematurely and made the game multiplatform, which I highly doubt they did)? I'm pretty sure the aforementioned three Sonic games are Nintendo exclusive, doesn't make sense to have the likes of Lost World (worth noting that the console version was started on PC and then moved to the Wii U) rendered permanently Nintendo exclusive, while another Sonic game is developed for the Wii U like Lost World but then goes multiplatform (without a PC version to boot, even though the previous multiplat game -Generations- got a Steam/PC release?). That would imply Sega specifically made Lost World a Nintendo exclusive despite having the ability to give the game PS4/Xbone ports, which I seriously doubt they would had done as by then they would had known of the sheer hype for the PS4 alone (I wouldn't count the Xbone, it had that DRM cancer hanging around it's neck like a noose around that time) had going for it pre-release around that time, as well as the Wii U starting to seriously falter in sales / sitting in drought season. Why should we consider it official? Just because Jazwares leaked Generations information in the past that turned out to be true doesn't mean lightning will strike twice. Hell, this could be pure speculation on what they know (about Sonic Boom and the registered Sony movie domains) and what they assume will happen in the future (like Sega would really /not/ have a Sonic game for the PS4 and Xbone). When you boil down to it, it doesn't really say anything new other than "oh yeah there's a new Sonic game in the future BTW." Nothing concrete. Unless this Jazwares panel gets merit to it's information via official release statement from Sega themselves shortly afterwards, consider me /highly/ skeptical that this is legitimate or not without erroneous/misinterpreted/predicted information. A lot of it simply doesn't add up in my opinion.
The press release NEVER said the 3 Sonic games are a Nintendo exclusive. It just says Nintendo platforms will be the #1 place for Sonic for the next three titles. While the first two are exclusives, the third may not be.

I would expect they have to at least run it by SEGA, telling them what they're showing. I'm not sure they'd be allowed to have speculation based advertising. The overall design of that board though has some problems like the whole "2014 games" that's been discussed.

The info is apparently directly from SEGA.

Forgive my skepticism but this is info that's supposedly indirectly to us from SEGA, who themselves have made egregious errors like this  one:1383275_10151905661947418_71608857_n.jpg

I highly doubt that the presented photo is that good or reliable a gauge for what we're actually going to get.

I would expect they have to at least run it by SEGA, telling them what they're showing. I'm not sure they'd be allowed to have speculation based advertising. The overall design of that board though has some problems like the whole "2014 games" that's been discussed.

I'm pretty sure using speculated information as an advertisement could amount to false advertising in the end. So it would be illegal. It's definitely info from SEGA at least.

• Thumbs Up 1

The press release NEVER said the 3 Sonic games are a Nintendo exclusive. It just says Nintendo platforms will be the #1 place for Sonic for the next three titles. While the first two are exclusives, the third may not be.

Actually, the press has referred to them as exclusives.