Awoo.

Tails and Knuckles' relationship

TearForFear

Yeah, things like that honestly I think are stupid. I've mentioned it in other topics, but retconning just honestly seems like a bit of a cop out on things. If you made it, it should always exist really. Most people hate retconning to be honest at least from what I know. It may not be canon now if that's true, but should have never been there in the first place then.

• Thumbs Up 1

The only reason they are there is because of the super emeralds, which only exist because of the splitting of Sonic 3 into S3 & S&K. Otherwise there would have either been a game with no emeralds or something which may have taken far too much coding to have been possible in a "lock on"

A Nerd/Jack type of friendship. Knuckles is the slow on the uptake jock and Tails is the all knowing nerd which both like one another as they are close as friends of Sonic can be.

Iizuka confirmed Hyper forms non-canon at SoS '13. So the Super Emeralds don't exist and technically neither does Super Tails either.

But that completely ruins my headcanon that Tails can use Chaos magic! Iizuka needs to un-retcon Super Tails, or at least bring back the golden flickies.

I can see why the Hyper forms are un-canon, but what makes Super Knuckles un-canon? He only requires the Chaos Emeralds for that, it's just that he's never used them since S&K.

I've always wanted to see more of Tails and Knuckles as a duo in cutscenes. The only two instances I remember are their interactions in the Riders series (minimal), and the beginning of Hang Castle when Knuckles teases Tails about Shadow being a ghost. I'd like to see more of their friendship overall, since I think the friendly relationship of "the brains and the brawn" could prove to be something new actually.

But that completely ruins my headcanon that Tails can use Chaos magic! Iizuka needs to un-retcon Super Tails, or at least bring back the golden flickies.

I just refuse to uncanonize Tails' Adventure, and that game has Tails getting stronger with each emerald.

We don't see the two of them interacting much without Sonic being involved but I enjoy when they come together and they can produce some funny and serious stuff together. 

I think Tails and Knuckles relationship can have their knowledge as an aspect of how they interact. 

Like, for example, Tails can give Knuckles info and advice about the science and technological aspect behind stuff while Knuckles can give the ancient wisdom and legends behind it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I always liked that intro to Hang Castle in Heroes. Knux is kind of a dick to Tails there.laugh.png

Knuckles: "Maybe that was the ghost of Shadow we saw earlier."

Tails: "Aaaaaaa... Stop it, Knuckles!" DX

I just refuse to uncanonize Tails' Adventure, and that game has Tails getting stronger with each emerald.

Really, when it comes to your own head cannon's, I guess just try your best to keep them that, in your head and in your work and rp's and such like that. Believe me, I know the feeling of things being changed and such. I dislike them as well. Believe me, changing of cannons and such like that can be very annoying.

I would love if they could go super again, but if that guy wants to say they cant, then fine, but doesn't mean people are going to all be happy about it of course. You shouldn't put things in media and then change your mind later about it. Oh well.

• Thumbs Up 1

They didn't, that and that just isn't considered canon. It was just a bonus element to those who played Sonic and Knuckles docked with Sonic 3.

I not sure what cannon means here. Guessing it means in the mainstream than? :huh: I know that there should of been a Hyper Tails since that is mean to Tails. :( What does Super Forms and Hyper Forms have to do with their relationship?

"Canon" (two ns) basically means "any event, character, or location within a fiction that is considered to have been "real" with respect to that fictional continuity".

So that means when we say "the Super Emeralds are non-canon", it means that the Super Emeralds do not really exist within Sonic 3 and Knuckles (and the Hyper forms/Super Tails by extension), musch like how the monitors and other gameplay elements don't "really" exist etc.

I not sure what cannon means here. Guessing it means in the mainstream than? huh.png I know that there should of been a Hyper Tails since that is mean to Tails. sad.png What does Super Forms and Hyper Forms have to do with their relationship?

Spin Attaxx explained what cannon means pretty well there, so no need for me to explain it again. As for what this has to do with the relationship, to me, I think it comes across as these are the other two people, beside Shadow that had super forms besides Sonic. This shows how they would maybe be even more destined to all be friends and how it sort of fits in with thee trio's relationship as a whole. The fox and echidna both have discovered something they have in common with each other, thus, showing they may not be super different from each other at least when it comes to emeralds. If Tails could interact with the emeralds, I could see Knuckles possibly being a lot more willing to let Tails look at the Master Emerald as well, since if he can interact with them, then Tails must be related to them in some manner and may not be a threat like Eggman is, who just wants to use it as a power source.