Awoo.

Jimquisition "Garme Jurrnalizm!"

Badnik Mechanic

New episode:

Well, I thought SEGA was bad, I thought that Konami was bad. But they are nothing compared to Atari

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh God, the off-topic skits are the best. Jim Sterling doesn't make mistakes.

Well he is Jim Fucking Sterling Son.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guys, I'm not quite sure about this, but I think Jim doesn't like Konami.

And I'm also not sure about this, but I think Konami sounds like a craptastic place to be at.

• Thumbs Up 2

Fuck Konami

I don't really know what else to say at that point, company treats it's loved franchaises like shit, it treats gamers, who give them the money, like shit and it treats it's employees like shit. It's easy to see why Kojima decided to leave this sinking ship of a Triple-A company.

I lol'd when Jim said "use the hashtag #FuckKonami".

But yeah Konami really are a joke at this point.

I'm just praying that TPP - which releases on 1st September - still turns out to be awesome.

New episode about "Walking simulators":

https://youtu.be/VdHWGMkMorg

Again, example of good idea which this industry has sadly fully exploited. My experience, well I love Stanley parable for the reasons listed in episode but thats it.

Edited by RipeFIN

• 2 weeks later...

Fee 2 Pay

With the imminent launch of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, a fresh outrage has spawned over its inclusion of microtransactions. I love outrages about microtransactions, so much so that I coined the phrase "Fee To Pay" years ago. 

Here we are again - the practice of "Fee To Pay" is more common, but no less distasteful. Let's revisit the stupid world of "feemium" games, where you gotta pay... if you wanna pay.

"but most importantly, FucKonami" lol!

Jim is also doing a livestream; Zombi Livesquirt right now.

Oh my, I'm not sure what to make of this:

Is the inappropriate saccharine tone meant to contrast the the horror or is this game really... this?

Edited by Phos

And, surprisingly [citation needed], this happened after just minutes:

CNvm7puVEAEbT0p.png:large

And, surprisingly [citation needed], this happened after just minutes:

CNvm7puVEAEbT0p.png:large

SCEA? B-but I thought Nintendo was the only one of the Big 3 that did this!!11

But seriousy, outstanding video as always, Jim. I know a reviewers job is to review a game, but they should not be pressured under the game company themselves on what they can play.

He's also posted a stopgap video of sorts, detailing his thoughts on the "tiered" preorder system that the new Deus Ex game is trying to pull. 

Basically, if the current preorder culture is some twisted Greymon, then this new system is like that Greymon dark-digivolving into SkullGreymon. 

I only pre-order two things: Limited/Collector Editions of Niche titles or Nintendo games. And I do it generally at GameStop so I can pay it off bit by bit. But stuff like this is bullshit.

Only thing I'm gonna be pre-ordering anytime soon is the guaranteed Kingdom Hearts 3 collectors edition/special edition when it's announced. But that's only because I'm a big KH fan. If the collectors/special edition didn't exist, unless there's a super cool piece of merch that comes with the standard, I ain't Pre-ordering.

The pre-order scheme for Deux Ex is hilarious. They're literally holding the release date hostage until enough people pre-order. That's not even touching on the rest of the tiers.

It's a shame since the actual game looks great. I sincerely hope Square doesn't pull this kind of stunt with Kingdom Hearts III and FFXV, and hell, with any of their future games.

Edited by DarkSamus117
  • Thumbs Up 3

The Stopgap is now the latest subject of the Jimquisition, as he talks about the cynicism of the pre-order culture.

Stick around after the credits for the latest FucKonami bulletin.

• Thumbs Up 4

I still don't really get how people can buy into this kind of stuff so insistently, especially in the case of Arkham and Deus Ex which will inevitably have Complete editions launched sometime later anyway.

...I just now realized how shitty it is that publishers are literally selling off complete versions of games as though it's supposed to be a bonus as opposed to well, releasing a game completely finished.

Really, pre-orders I find only justifiable to do if there's some sort of cool physical merchandise or something like that. Like a limited poster, or a small plush, or toy, or case, etc.

Now if it's something lame like, say Kingdom Hearts 2.5's pre-order bonus(a pin), then lol forget that. (Luckily I got the collectors edition which had all the cool shizz)

The last game I pre-ordered was Smash Bros 3DS, ONLY cause stock was running out fast for weeks.

• 2 weeks later...