Awoo.

Jimquisition "Garme Jurrnalizm!"

Badnik Mechanic

So, who remembers this video?

So, for those of you who needs a quick recap. In this video, Jim basically discusses how Digital Homicide tried to threaten him with a lawsuit due to giving them criticism and the end result of the video according to Jim was that after the threat, and after he said he would need to get in contact with his legal team, Digital Homicide got pissed off or something.

Well, looks like they've finally decided to do it. Digital Homicide is attempting to sue Jim over his review of The Slaughtering Grounds.

http://kotaku.com/angered-game-developer-sues-game-critic-jim-sterling-fo-1765484317

A Jimquisition where Jim talks about Star Fox Zero's Invncibility mode. 

"The news that Star Fox Zero would feature an invincible mode encouraged an almost predictable onslaught of outrage from the Hardcore Gamers who are Hardcore. 

The idea of hand-holding and dumbing down has been a contentious topic for years, but if you scratch away the surface, there's another concern that just isn't hidden well enough. 

The concern of an exclusive little club not being so exclusive anymore." 

• Thumbs Up 1

I love how even he forgets to acknowledge the fact there is also a Glass cannon mode where you get double damage to your ship, but your attacks also deal double damage

2 hours ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

I love how even he forgets to acknowledge the fact there is also a Glass cannon mode where you get double damage to your ship, but your attacks also deal double damage

That didn't really have anything to do with the point he was trying to make (he's "for" the amount of options for difficulty, not "against" them in case it wasn't clear).

• Thumbs Up 4

13 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

So, who remembers this video?

So, for those of you who needs a quick recap. In this video, Jim basically discusses how Digital Homicide tried to threaten him with a lawsuit due to giving them criticism and the end result of the video according to Jim was that after the threat, and after he said he would need to get in contact with his legal team, Digital Homicide got pissed off or something.

Well, looks like they've finally decided to do it. Digital Homicide is attempting to sue Jim over his review of The Slaughtering Grounds.

http://kotaku.com/angered-game-developer-sues-game-critic-jim-sterling-fo-1765484317

On the subject of Digital Homicide's planned lawsuit, it's really not worth caring about at this rate. They clearly don't have the money for a lawyer (and the fact they're trying to make a crowdfunding campaign for one is HILARIOUS), and if the $10 million in damages wasn't crazy enough, they want "apologies in place of every offending article and video for a period of no less than 5 years." and "an apology video in the primary youtube location on the youtube channel front page for a period of no less than 5 years".

Let's hope this doesn't go near the court, since I doubt anyone would want to deal with the stupidity this whole thing would end up being.

• Thumbs Up 3

14 hours ago, 风之Klonoa said:

On the subject of Digital Homicide's planned lawsuit, it's really not worth caring about at this rate. They clearly don't have the money for a lawyer (and the fact they're trying to make a crowdfunding campaign for one is HILARIOUS), and if the $10 million in damages wasn't crazy enough, they want "apologies in place of every offending article and video for a period of no less than 5 years." and "an apology video in the primary youtube location on the youtube channel front page for a period of no less than 5 years".

Let's hope this doesn't go near the court, since I doubt anyone would want to deal with the stupidity this whole thing would end up being.

HOLY SHIT!

This sounds just as ridiculous as when I Hate Everything faced "legal" issues against Derek Savage when IHE gave a pretty negative review on Cool Cat Saves the Kids. Those terms sounded exactly like the same ones IHE got from Savage, I can't believe lightning can strike twice these days.

On 3/22/2016 at 0:30 AM, 风之Klonoa said:

They're crowdfunding for a lawyer? If only Ken Penders had been THIS stupid...

They just don't stop do they?

According to an article on Destructoid, Digital Homicide tried to "threaten" them in a way when they asked for comment regarding their entire thing with Jim.

When asked for comment, Robert Romine instead forwarded Destructoid his entire conversation with another gaming outlet. When pressed for comment on the questions we actually sent, Romine said they were not disclosing the names of the attorneys involved in the case. He also framed the case as a fight against online harassment. "We hope this case and documentation will show others they don't have to take it, what to do when it happens, and that those who do it will be punished."

Romine also told us that "re-printing defamatory materials in your own words would result in liability on your part," which sounds an awful lot like a threat to me.

According to multiple sources close to the story, Destructoid does not kowtow to threats.

Source: http://www.destructoid.com/indie-developer-digital-homicide-sues-jim-sterling-349283.phtml 

7 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

The hell? I'm getting a 404 trying to connect to them.

It's working fine for me.

It's kind of funny, really, they seem to have treated taking someone to court the same way they make games: Embarrassingly poorly but not letting it stop them from making an ass of themselves with an absurd lack of self awareness.  

I just can't believe these guys defend and take pride in products that are FACTUALLY lazily and shamelessly made with assets that have been proven and documented to not be there's, rendering their "artist merit" claims bs. I mean, they're really willing to go to court and risk making an ass out of themselves and waste money in defense of games like "the extra large testicle?" Like, seriously, are these guys mental or have some disability that makes the obvious not obvious?

2 hours ago, KHCast said:

I just can't believe these guys defend and take pride in products that are FACTUALLY lazily and shamelessly made with assets that have been proven and documented to not be there's, rendering their "artist merit" claims bs. I mean, they're really willing to go to court and risk making an ass out of themselves and waste money in defense of games like "the extra large testicle?" Like, seriously, are these guys mental or have some disability that makes the obvious not obvious?

No, these bozos don't have mental problems...they're just hacks, backed into a corner and are trying wheedle their way out with little success. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Posting both of these. They're a few days old but very good.

The first one talks about Nintendo and then at the end talks about content ID.

The second "Copyright Deadlock" is all about content ID and a very smug Jim. "The system doesn't work, so break it some more. That's the idea behind the Copyright Deadlock, a petty scheme that highlights the absurdity of YouTube's ContentID system. How can three corporations own a single video? Well, three apparently own THIS one. Konami, Nintendo, and Rhino all believe they own this episode."

• 3 months later...
50 minutes ago, PaddyFancy said:

Jim Sterling talks about the lowest of the low in hype culture, in relation to No Man's Sky.

That's pretty sad. I feel sorry for the guy who wrote about the game's delay and the producer of No Man's Sky. No one should be getting death threats and insults for a fucking delay of all things. I'm honestly baffled as to why the people who were looking forward to the game acted the way they did, it's just pathetic. Now that the game is out, they can enjoy it as much as they want and keep to themselves where they won't cause an uproar. 

Featuring a cameo video clip of singing Sonic Heroes man. That took me by surprise, I must admit.

• Thumbs Up 2