Awoo.

Sonic Games that you're really [shamefully] bad at

AzureHedgehog

To be honest, I actually struggle at quite a bit of games in general even in Easy Mode in some games to the point where the only games that have successfully completed are ones that dying has no consequence (e.g. Bugs Bunny: Lost in Time, Ratchet & Clank, Sly). Anyway in terms of Sonic games, many of them while struggling managed to beat them despite missing Chaos Emeralds unless they were either given automatically or like Sonic Generations 3DS need to do the Special Stages to beat the game and as for Ranks, very rare for me to get a S Rank.

The ones that I'm shamefully bad at are:

Sonic 3/Knuckles/Sonic 3&K - While Sonic 2 is much easier to the point where I die at Metropolis at the earliest and the final boss at the latest and Sonic 1 managed to complete last year by shear luck unable to do ever again most likely (still think a good Sonic player mind controlled his/her skills to me since I almost always struggle at Labyrinth Zone, screw that zone), I have never beaten Sonic 3 or Knuckles ever. In Sonic 3 it always seem to be Marble Garden Act 1, very rarely Marble Garden Act 2 since I seem to lose all my lives at that stage, it is also when my interest in the game drops and lucky to get 1 Chaos Emerald by that point. It is understandable when it is Carnival Night since the barrel wasn't explained in the manual even though by now people are aware of it but Marble Garden? Will I ever get to Hard Times happiest days of my life Zone without cheating to get there?

On the Knuckles side, it was Flying Battery Act 1 Boss that was the furthest that I ever got up to when I was young since I kept dying. Now it is most likely up to Sandopolis however it has been a while since I have played that part of the game. As for Sonic 3&K, see the earlier paragraph.

Sonic 1 (Master System/Game Gear) - Like the Mega Drive version in the past, it seems to be up to Labyrinth however this time it seems to be the boss and not much further. From cheating in the past (to do a bit of the sprite ripping), not looking forward to the rest of the game however I want to do it fair and square. Little chance of getting all of the Chaos Emeralds though.

Sonic 2 (Master System/Game Gear) - The Master System version while not ever beaten can at least get up to Aqua Lake every time and enjoy the game despite struggling. Getting the Chaos Emeralds is impossible for me with only sometimes getting the Underground one.

As for the Game Gear version, screw that version. Much of the time, I can't even beat the first boss due to that the developers decided to randomise the ball drop when compared to the Master System and the small screen giving less room to move doesn't help. If I do beat the boss by abusing the Pause button, it is the same position as the Master System but much more stressful to get there.

Sonic Unleashed - Have not got past the first QTE boss battle at all however it is unfair to judge a game when it is only the beginning of the game. Shame since I want to see the next stages after Windmill Isle.

Sonic 3D is another that I haven't beaten getting up to Volcano Valley. Mean Bean Machine is another one that I struggle with getting as far as Frankly however I am not good at puzzle games at all whether it is Tetris, Columns or in this case Puyo Puyo so it is the case of the genre for that one. Strangely enough even though I haven't beaten Spinball, can at least get up to Showdown with The Machine being the earliest that I lose all my pinballs maybe all that playing of The Pinball Arcade actually helped in this game even though it is missing some pinball features such as Ball Save, Tilt and other features.

The classics I'm pretty good at, mostly because I have played them so much! :D Yes, that includes Sonic Spinball. :B However in 8 Bit Sonic 2 I'd get stuck on the hang-glider sections, and even if I used the level select code I found some of the later levels even harder! :D

Unleashed Night levels I find frustrating, and ridiculously long as well. I've got so annoyed so many times with the werehog! :D I'm sure this comes as no surprise to anyone, though! Sonic 4, if I am honest I just gave up on it! :D

The only main series game I'm super bad at is Sonic 2 in terms of 100% completion.  The main game I can do fine but the special stages... can't even beat the 3rd or so, I loathe them and deliberately ignore them on playthroughs.

Other than that, Sonic Spinball is pretty brutal yeah, and I can't get into the nuances of Black Knight.  Lancelot Returns and even Percival really tested my patience.  I'm pretty bad at Sonic Lost World in a finding red rings and speedrunning capacity, which is frustrating after enjoying Unleashed and Generations so much for just general play feeling like a speedrun.

Finally, some of the DLC stages in Unleashed are pretty horrifically hard, though I did S rank them all (eventually) so I guess having the patience to achieve that even just once kinda means I don't "suck" at them.

I'm not ashamed of any of these things though as pretty much everything I suck at is usually because I find it too badly designed.  Not in a "I can't do this so it's a a bad game!" kinda of b'aaawing way, more of a "this is a bad game, I can't be bothered to put the effort in to get good at it".

The 8-bit games are pretty hard but I can complete them (even Game Gear Sonic 2) pretty consistently now.  I do find the Chaos Emerald monitors on Triple Trouble really hard to find though so usually don't bother.  Sonic Chaos I would love to get all the emeralds every play, but scouring each act for 100 rings to play the special stages is not as fun as just playing them through normally, and you can only do one or the other since reaching the Special Stage ends the Act.

Sonic the Hedgehog: Labrynth Zone - Act 3: Freakin' terrible...and its only recently when I went back to play it and got like 2-3 game-overs and had to use debug mode or could've used level select to get past the level and I don't know why I was terrible at the stage since I managed to be it every time as a 7-10 yr. old. I don't know.

Sonic 1

I recently been playing Sonic 1 on the Genesis and I find it challenging game. I got to Labyrinth Zone and the hardest part on there for me was Act 3 where you go up where Eggman is going there than. I lost almost all my lives on that part because of those stupid arrows and the time limit with the water. Then Scrap Brain Act 3 was the furthest level that I got to. I new at this game so not really that ashamed about it. :) I have never beaten this game.

Sonic 2

I am ashamed of this however. As little kid playing Sonic 2 during the 90s, I could never get past Level 2, Chemical Plant Act 2 because of that liquid and platform jumping. I still struggle with it today. Luckily beyond that it was easy until Level 10 Wing Fortress came up. :) I have never beaten this game.

I'm hilariously bad at CD, but I don't even like that game. And the Advance games which are equally fantastic and awesome to me, I suck at those games.

I used to be really bad at classic games but after a little practice I got better, well atleast when I don't go around exploring every single stage searching for alternative routes and hidden places with lots of goodies.

Well, there's Sonic CD, the 2011 version. Then again, it could be due to lack of interest, but I digress. 

OH YEAH...getting Good Futures. Yeah, I don't think I'm going to achieve all of those and get the Time Stones anytime soon.

I can also say, and I guess I'm joining the club on that one, Sonic 2 and Sonic 3&K. The former is that I still haven't completed the game one, let alone with all seven Chaos Emeralds. As for the latter...the farthest I ever made it was Great Eggman Robo. Still wasn't able to collect at the Emeralds in that one either.

Shamefully, sonic colours. every time it pops to 2D my mind takes too long to switch and i use up the boost against a wall or something.

Let's see, all of the classics except maybe CD. I've never gotten any of the Chaos Emeralds, and I usually get game overs a few stages in. I haven't completed either Adventure titles due to Big's fishing controls and Adventure 2's last story. The slippery control in Heroes is screwing me over, it took me nearly a year to complete Unleashed and Generations after I first bought them, and I keep getting my ass kicked in Terminal Velocity in Sonic Colors.

So yeah, probably every Sonic game in existence. Oh, and I'm not going to dismiss 06 either. Just because it's a horribly programmed game doesn't mean it isn't difficult. 

That's funny because I SUCK at Sonic CD. I can't get past the pinball flipping Robotnik in world 3....I think? It always makes me miss him, those darn pinball flippers.

I remember Big's fishing controls [i knew I said let's not mention that but this is a must now that you bring it up] I remember once staying about 20 minutes on Twinkle Park just because his fishing rod couldn't go into the direction that I wanted it to go too and I kept on yelling at him "PUT IT THAT WAY!" But since then I've kind of mastered it because i've tried it so much [lol]

Somehow, I have no idea, I have completed Terminal Velocity and have finished the game [except I haven't collected all of the red rings]. I remember Terminal Velocity took me days to beat. uugh sonic tripping so much made me want to pull out my hair. [i ddn't]

I usually take pride in my skill at most Sonic games, although I will NEVER get good at hunting emeralds as Knuckles or Rouge. Adventure 2 is the worst because of how enormous the levels are, and how they nerfed the emerald detector. I recall either Aquatic Mine or Mad Space taking me upwards of 30 grueling minutes to complete.

Man i'm such an expert at treasure hunting. My friends would let me  always do it for them [Mad space is my favorite Treasure Hunting level, ever] - I had completed Knuckle's Aquatic Mine in 1min40s [with an A rank, I believe?] I was very good at tracking them. Everybody except me hates the treasure hunting levels.

I admit I also almost got nauseated during Mad Space, for that level took me about 20 minutes + to beat as well though - I love the confusingness of it all.

The first ones that come to mind are the Game Gear games, I can barely get past the first few levels in any of them. Even Triple Trouble and Labyrinth, and I like those ones! Like Akito, I can't beat the second robot jerk in Mean Bean Machine, I'm just awful at that game. Then there's Spinball....ugh.

Now why didn't I mention that?

I totally forgot that I completely suck at the Game Gear titles.  Can't even finish Sonic 1 and 2 for GG.  The only one I can say I do well on is Sonic Labyrinth and G Sonic, and honestly that's nothing I feel proud of.

Sonic Riders. In my opinion, the controls were horrible enough to make it almost, if not quite unplayable.

It really isn't...the control is just good enough and the only real bad thing is that the drift button is the break button.

I'm REALLY bad at Sonic 2, CD and 3K's special stages, and I've only gotten all the Chaos Emeralds in Sonic 1 once. But that's fine for me, I never really cared for getting Super Sonic.

It really isn't...the control is just good enough and the only real bad thing is that the drift button is the break button.

Those times when your timing is ever so slightly off, and welp, time to brake.

Sonic the fighters.

There´s a lot of commands in this game actually, but I´ve always been a sucker in fighting games so I always tend to spam "kick" and "punch" a lot haha

and that´s why I never got past Metal Sonic

The Game Gear games. But that's mostly because of the Game Gears screen crunch making it where i can't see where the fuck I'm going 90% of the time. Also if beating the game isn't enough try getting the Chaos emeralds Where in pretty much all the Game Gear games they make it unnecessarily difficult. Finding them in the open in Sonic 1 & 2, getting a certain amount of rings in Sonic Chaos which is easier said than done, getting 50 rings and finding a Chaos emerald monitor in Sonic Triple Trouble, and finding a Chaos emerald monitor and going through the worst special stages in the history of Sonic in Sonic blast which is my absolutely least favorite Sonic game.

Sonic the fighters.

There´s a lot of commands in this game actually, but I´ve always been a sucker in fighting games so I always tend to spam "kick" and "punch" a lot haha

and that´s why I never get past Metal Sonic

Metal Sonic is nearly impossible even when you do know all the commands. :x

Hmmm Sonic games I am bad at. Thats a toughie....

But the only titles I had trouble with accomplish the entire games were Sonic Storybook titles, Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog. Any of those 4 titles I can tell you were due to the rails, controls and pop ups of enemies killing me. Anything else I do reasonably well in all things considering. 

I can't play Sonic Adventure for shit. I can't even make it through Emerald Coast without being damaged at least ten time, but that doesn't stop it from being my favourite 3D Sonic game

Secret Rings, without a question. I can't control Sonic at all and this just leads to death after death and ragequit after ragequit. 

• Thumbs Up 1

For me, it would be Sonic Heroes, but I haven't played that game in like....9 years. Honestly, I wouldn't say there's any Sonic game I'm bad at, but there are definitely some games (3D Blast and Sonic R) where I spend more time playing conservatively rather than aggressively.