Awoo.

Sonic The Hedgehog 3: 20th anniversary

TheOcelot

I feel like a weirdo amongst Sonic fans because S3&K isn't my favorite Sonic game. I prefer Sonic 2 and maybe even Sonic 1. But don't get me wrong, it's still an awesome game by any measure, and it did introduce my favorite character of all, and contains my favorite Zone (Ice Cap).

Wow, it's been over 20 years since this game came out.

It's been 10 years since I first played it and my skills haven't improved a bit! Still haven't made it past Carnival Night. (No, it isn't the barrel.)

That zone is a huge pain, despite some fun and creative gimmicks. It just drags on and on.

I first played this game through Mega Collection about 4 years ago and I think i was able to make to Marble Garden before I unlocked S3&K. It's still one of my favorite Sonic games in the Classic series, mainly for the save feature so I wouldn't have to play through the game in one sitting, making it much easier. However, it has my least favorite special stages because they are incredibly difficult, I haven't  beaten them once. 

I like the special stages well enough, but they're very unforgiving, and for me that doesn't work out so well =P I like them much more than the Sonic 2 special stages, but the Sonic 1 special stages are my favorite. Much more relaxing, haha xD

I've always found Sonic 3&K's Special Stages to be much easier than Sonic 2's Special stages. I don't know why I find them easier, maybe it's because I play Sonic 3&K more than Sonic 2, and I've gotten more practice at them. I find Sonic 2's special stages to be way too memory based to be fun, and they are too demanding at times. I've only beaten Sonic 2's special stages once, and that was on the mobile version where the number of rings required to finish the stage have been reduced considerably. 

Sonic 3&K's Special Stages are probably my favourite in the series. I find them to be way more fun to play through than Sonic 2's. Sonic 1's Special stages are okay.They are a little aggravating at times but I don't find them to be great or horrible. 

Edited by Osmium

• 7 months later...

An interesting thought yesterday and today ; i feel like this has been described by someone else, and surely is open to lots and lots of interpretation! 

Fire
Water
Earth
Electricity
Air
Ice
Magnetism
Seasons/Weather
Sand
Volcanism
Crystals
Time
Metal/Space

All of these could be differently interpreted really ^__^  i didn't realize it though, there can be found a key element within each zone.  I did put Flying battery in the original position in this list.  Sky sanctuary was a bit confusing but thinking about all of the bosses reflecting an earlier time, as well as the ending run around the spiral on the collapsing pillar really seems to feel like time is being referenced in creative ways! 

I always think that Sonic 3 as a whole had the overall best level variety of any Sonic game.