Awoo.

2014 is The Year Of Sonic "& Sports tape" *see post 1*

Badnik Mechanic

Wouldn't actually mind clothes. It's not like it's really a bad thing. It's the continuity I'm concerned with, however loose or minor they've been with it recently.

The Mickey people are mostly familiar with is an already-clothed everyman deliberately inserted into wildly different situations and universes that warranted clothing changes to fit the aesthetics of the cartoon. It's a different precedent from, say, the Looney Tunes animals characters who don't usually wear clothes as covering or a fashion statement, or most male Sonic characters who only wore gloves, shoes, and maybe some accessories.

I think that's a bit nitpickey though? Literally all other iconic cartoon characters change clothes for certain products or situations, if these guys change their clothes too while still keeping a grasp on their original appearance I don't see what the problem would be.

The tough thing about Sonic is that it's now got all these rules that other cartoon charas don't, no one really minds in the end if Looney Tunes characters wear clothes occasionally for just like a single episode or something.

It could be totes ok.

Hmm, it sounds like a Sonic Boom game would more likely be the 2015 game.

Ya, and add to that, no way would they make a tie-in game an exclusive, the point of it is to sell mercandise, and increse show interest, which means widest saturation, which means all systems

On another note we could finally have other playable characters in it XD

• Thumbs Up 1

This is a ridiculous clusterfuck.

Tell me about it. We're pouncing on anything (questionably legitimate) coming out like some starving person upon a bread crumb.

All we have thus far is DaDaRocks. While the account looks official... even official folks can pull pranks. Cross-verification is a must, otherwise we may as well believe Weekly World News and the Onion.

@FearTear

Speak for yourself, there was tons of doom and gloom the day Boom was announced.

Just a single game? I'm not as worried anymore. It probably won't influence the main series any more than Sonic Spinball did.

What's annoying right now is they are revealing something that is the next generation of Sonic and we can't see anything about it. We have to rely on people's tweets. For-shame Sega.

Ya, and add to that, no way would they make a tie-in game an exclusive, the point of it is to sell mercandise, and increse show interest, which means widest saturation, which means all systems

Precisely. If SEGA really wants to push this Sonic Boom to the world, they'd be better off releasing it on all big three consoles, and in 2015 by which Sonic Boom will have aired and made a name for itself as opposed to smack dab in 2014 alongside Boom's first baby steps.

Actually minds were lost.

I remember that one time Knuckles was announced....

I feel bad as I know I'm partly responsible for all this chaos and confusion. And that was not my intent at all.

Just a single game? I'm not as worried anymore. It probably won't influence the main series any more than Sonic Spinball did.

One game announced right now.  That doesn't mean they won't later, especially if it turns out to be successful. XP

Guys

I'm scared

Bfz6rfDIYAAL_J2.jpg

Though in all fairness Sonic's silhouette didn't look as bad as I thought it would.  Knuckles looks goofy though.

• Thumbs Up 2

So I just got here. Looks like everyone is concerned about the redesigns being canon. We have yet to see them however so I wouldn't worry yet. How reliable is DaDaRocks anyway? I don't see any other sources posting about this Sonic event. I say to just take everything with a grain of salt and to not worry much until SEGA themselves confirm the details. 

EDIT: WOAH OKAY NEVER MIND. HOLY MOTHER OF BUFFLES THESE DESIGNS LOOK COOL! I'm really glad they kept the cartoony style. Honestly guys they don't look that different. I actually like these designs better.

Edited by SwiftWinds