Awoo.

2014 is The Year Of Sonic "& Sports tape" *see post 1*

Badnik Mechanic

Those designs.... could be worse. Wow. I don't mind Sonic too much. Knuckle? No thanks. But this could have looked MUCH worse.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bfz6rfDIYAAL_J2.jpg

You know what? Sonic looks fine. Knuckles on the other hand....... I'll get used to him eventually.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wouldn't actually mind clothes. It's not like it's really a bad thing. It's the continuity I'm concerned with, however loose or minor they've been with it recently.

Agreed, I don't mind clothes at all. I have no problems with clothes. Its the continuity I'm worried about.

Overall, the fact is that I like the continuity. I wish they developed a fully-fleshed out continuity and MAINTAIN it for future games. I DO NOT want them to REWRITE the entire continuity all-together. I just want them to flesh it out and maintain what we already have.

I don't want them to drop any characters. I want them to flesh them out.

I don't want them to completely redesign any standard characters. (If they bring back old characters and redesign them I wouldn't mind that.)

I'm really, really nervous about this. Overall, I think it looks -ok- EXCEPT for Knuckles. Knuckles' redesign is what pisses me off. But if they fix that, and otherwise just add a bit of clothes to the characters, that I wouldn't mind. If the "relaunch" means a consistent continuity that doesn't wipe out what we already have, I wouldn't mind that either.

I'm still on the fence about this whole thing, though.

NOTE: Just saw the pics. Sonic looks fine. Knuckles... ugh... he's BETTER than I anticipated, but he still looks really weird and I still don't like his new design so far...

Knuckles is bad. Sonic looks awesome.

I thought Knuckles was going to be so much worse though, colour me relieved for now.

• Thumbs Up 2

I feel bad as I know I'm partly responsible for all this chaos and confusion. And that was not my intent at all.

Ah don't worry about it. It's was a mistake nov damage done

Not too bad. I am fine with Sonic but Knuckles does look off definitely something I am going to have to get used to but yeah I was expecting much worse.

Bfz6rfDIYAAL_J2.jpg

Blue arms...

Aha! There is a scarf. I knew I was right not to panic about Sonic or Knuckles' design. Hmm, frankly, I don't think I'll mind too this too much for its looks.

P.S. Goddamn that server crash.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, so now that I can actually access the topic again... XD

I don't think the designs are too bad, actually.  I mean, granted, I think the sports tape is like 2EDGY4ME but it's not too bad.  And also, Knuckles' proportions are still ridiculous and I'd like to see him toned down a bit, but he certainly isn't the nightmare fuel we were expecting.  Feel free to disagree anyway.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd like Sonic's design better if he didn't have blue arms.

But yeah, could have been a LOT worse.

I still wanna know what Amy looks like, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bring on Tails and Amy!!!! BRING IT!

Wait a sec, what about Eggman?

I think that's a bit nitpickey though? Literally all other iconic cartoon characters change clothes for certain products or situations, if these guys change their clothes too while still keeping a grasp on their original appearance I don't see what the problem would be.

The tough thing about Sonic is that it's now got all these rules that other cartoon charas don't, no one really minds in the end if Looney Tunes characters wear clothes occasionally for just like a single episode or something.

It could be totes ok.

Sonic is not beholden to any rules any other character created by a huge company is not. Most characters have a basic look that can either be unclothed, partially clothed, or clothed. While a few situations in cartoons or advertising may warrant a change-up, that basic look is still the default. Taz may dress up for a quick second to get married, but if you told someone to draw Taz, they would draw him nude. If you tell someone to draw Mickey Mouse, they're going with the shorts, shoes and gloves angle. If you tell someone to draw Home Simpson, they're going to draw him in his blue-collar outfit. These looks persist in culture outside of the general exceptions where they don't. 

Sonic is the same: Despite numerous redesigns, including in-game ones with accessories like Riders, or fun uncanon situations like SA2 and Rivals' outfits, or even Uekawa's Halloween artwork, Sonic's default, basic, iconic "don't fuck with this shit; never forget Coca-Cola" look has always been just the shoes and gloves. That is Sonic's basic character design. What is going on here is apparently not a minor outfit change based on the context of a situation, like a holiday. This is a new permanent update to his look that adds unnecessary clothing and accessories as the default. Thus, it would be the equivalent of saying Mickey had to wear his 40s out-on-the-town clothes forever or Bugs had to cross-dress forever.