Awoo.

2014 is The Year Of Sonic "& Sports tape" *see post 1*

Badnik Mechanic

Phew, ok

I need time to get used to those designs. It could have been far worse, but man this is a huge change.

Just...

*sniff*

gimme a minute...

• Thumbs Up 1

Bring on Tails and Amy!!!! BRING IT!

Wait a sec, what about Eggman?

imagine how huge BIG would be if he showed up in the show... or Bark, but thats a pipe dream

I- okay well for starters I'm glad Sonic now has a more spiky look. The scarf is a nice touch, makes him look more wild I guess. Blue arms I can get used to. Knuckles actually looks like a guardian now which is nice. I think he looks better like this as it first his personality. The fingers.... ehh I guess it would be weird if he didn't have fingers in comparison. The metal knuckle spikes are really cool looking. Also the sports tape looks surprisingly good on them. Guys honestly this could have been a lot worse. I'm now very looking forward to this show as the animation style seems to be that high quality SEGA CG we've known to love. Call me weird but I'm excited to see where they're heading with this!

Yeah, I suppose Knuckles could've looked a lot worse! Let's hope their personalities haven't changed much either.

Now, let's see Amy and Tails!

Meh, the sports tape seems really unnecessary though prefer tan/peach arms over the blue on Sonic and Buffles still look ridiculous.

Overall, the 'redesigns' seem pretty much pointless and preferably that Sonic Boom is a separate canon than with the main series hopefully. 

I really, really am liking Sonic's new design more than I thought. He actually looks, dare I say, better than I thought he'll be. 

As for Knuckles, yeah other than the small-esque head, he looks...alright to me. 

ill_allow_it_community.gif

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic looks okay.. kinda cute. Diggin' the scarf.

Knuckles... tiny head on a big body. It's awkward. Overall, not as bad as I expected.

Think we can officially confirm Sonic's peach parts are fur now. It would have been weird to shave his arms, after all.

These designs don't look too bad, I think. I was worried but I would not mind if these became canon to the games at all.

Okay, I will side with you on this one.

nCkpWmX.gif

Guys, wait up!

nCkpWmX.gif

On the plus side tho, Sonic doesn't look that bad. Then again, he wasn't really our concern anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why is Knuckles part mummy?

Also I'm ok with the designs, seriously, they look far better than what I thought.

So instead of massive muscles, Knuckles got massive shoulders.

He just looks out of proportion, more than anything else. Not as bad as I originally feared, just...odd.

I'm assuming Tails and Amy won't look too different, except probably a new outfit for Amy.

So Sonic and Knux have broken both their entire hands and Knux has been force-fed five tons of Miracle Gro.

I don't know how to feel about these designs...

PFFT OMG ARE THOSE DESIGNS SILLY

I mean, they're not terrible, but goddammit do they look silly. They look like the old heads pasted onto fanmade models.

Goddamn.

I like em!  But I do think Knuckles head should've been altered a bit.  It really does look like they've taken his regular head and plonked it on another character's body.

• Thumbs Up 4

Well it seems the designs are about on par with what everyone expected.

And again, just to make sure it's seen amist the activity in the thread I'd like to apologize for my mistakes leading up to the picture's publication. A lot.

If this is exclusive to Sonic Boom, I'll be OK. 

If this is the new direction of the franchise. I will loose my fucking mind.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ladies and gentlemen,

out with Modern Sonic, and in with Renaissance Sonic.

Yeeeeeep.

Next time you want to show your son who just got a football scholarship at some big college why he shouldn't do steroids, just show him Knuckles.