Awoo.

2014 is The Year Of Sonic "& Sports tape" *see post 1*

Badnik Mechanic

Not really feeling the Boom trailer all that much. Hopefully the show will change my mind when it comes out, but... eh.

3543_10152234700016796_1055115733_n.png

Cover photo from Facebook.

Amy for new Rouge confirmed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Lessee here... First of the designs... Definitely a lot better than I was expecting. I think the scarf on Sonic is a nice touch, Tails with his goggles and belt doesn't look to shabby. Amy has a nice design as well, but I think Knuckles is gonna take some time getting used to... Of all the designs, I gotta say, he's probably my least favorite, but he doesn't look as bad as I was dreading. My only gripe with the designs is probably the "sports tape."  Now, I think hand and footwraps can look pretty cool, but the fact that they're taped over gloved hands and shoes kind of make them redundant.

And next, the game... When I first watched it, I wasn't sure how to feel. Watching it again, I kinda like what I'm seeing. It really gives off a Jak and Daxter vibe (Since it has some folks behind the mentioned game, I guess the comparison makes sense.)

And finally, the show trailer. Animation looks very nice, and maybe I'm easily amused, but Sonic making fun of Eggman's robot actually got a little laugh out of me. 

So overall? Color me interested.

EDIT: So Sonic Boom is not a reboot, but an alternate universe of some kind? Well, as much as I like the Boom designs, I'm actually perfectly content with this.

6d5.gif

However this only begs the question; WHY DIDN'T THEY USE THE ORIGINAL SERIES AS THE BASE FOR THE SHOW? That would've been really neat, since the TV trailer actually looks pretty ok as far as children's cartoons go.

• Thumbs Up 6

And I'll leave this here...

jackson-hewitt-funny-o.gif

Although in some cases it's a shame, because I want some of it to come to the games. But hey, it's not replacing the old series, so we can all chill and let this be it's own thing.

Amen?

Overall today went so much better than expected. I never thought I'd like the Boom designs or vibe so much.

Even if the game trailer is a bit... well, a Sonic game.

• Thumbs Up 3

I liked that tv show trailer. It's really nice CGI, I mean considering it's made for tv and all. MUCH better than Viva Piñata!

If this is a separate series though, does this mean the next Sonic game will only be for PS4/Xbone? If that's true, bummer. It's going to be strange too seeing two completely different Sonic's.

6d5.gif

However this only begs the question; WHY DIDN'T THEY USE THE ORIGINAL SERIES AS THE BASE FOR THE SHOW? That would've been really neat, since the TV trailer actually looks pretty ok as far as children's cartoons go.

Yes. YESYESYES.

I've just gone from disappointed to excited in a matter of minutes.

Despite being skeptical and cautious about Sonic Boom, I actually warmed up to it; especially the fact that it's a sub-franchise.

The designs look quite good. I half-expected them to give them a drastic makeover that would make them not look like Sonic characters. Amy and Tails' are my favourite, while I slowly warm up to Knux's. Eggman looks fairly buff, but I still like his look. Like Sonic's look too.

I also liked the trailer for the game and the animated series. I am actually looki

robuffnik_zps884514b7.jpg

Blargh!

I...don't know, actually. He looks really nice here to me. I don't think muscular looking Eggman is that bad. Makes him even more grandiose! Although the mustache could be bigger.

But now that Sonic Boom is its own separate thing, that some how turns my fears into enthusiasm now...like what the fuck?

EDIT - For some reason, I had that image of Boom!Eggman singing opera in my head. I must be high or something...

• Thumbs Up 6

Of course, this inevitably raises questions on how the rest of the series is to follow. Will it be sorta kinda more in line with Boom or will we continue going down a Lost World road?

Boom all the way. Lost World? No thanks.

Still, why not on XBO and PS4?

Just to be clear, though, I do wish that they'd use the regular designs for both the show and the new game, but I'm softening up to the new designs. :) - The writing and general atmosphere of the show look great.  The game looks pretty splendid as well, but I can see why it might be alienating.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am absolutely loving the characterization of Eggman already. I'm surprisingly fine with the redesign too; It's like a weird cross of Sega Eggman and the wacky getups that AoStH Robotnik would wear sometimes.

The banter between Eggman and Sonic is great, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of my favorite mad scientist on the show and its accompanying game. Color me hyped.

• Thumbs Up 3

Agreed, they should just use the regular designs. But as long as its own franchise that makes me feel a bit better about it. And we've got other playable characters again! Now if only they'll do it for the rest.

Here's my question, though: what other Sonic characters will appear? Personally I hope the rumors of Shadow and Rouge being antagonists are partially correct. I wouldn't mind them being recurring antagonists/rivals, just not lazy lackeys of Eggman.

I keep forgetting to say this, but I hate the robots design. Just use Badniks ;_; I thought they realized this with Lost World...

• Thumbs Up 1

With the news of Boom being it's own thing, I can say I'm relieved.

Cartoon takes off and Boom games sell, but they also keep old canon for the people not interested in a full-on reboot or Boom itself. I like it.

What I don't get is why Sonic was so worried about Tails. The boy can fly, after all!

• Thumbs Up 1

Agreed, they should just use the regular designs. But as long as its own franchise that makes me feel a bit better about it. And we've got other playable characters again! Now if only they'll do it for the rest.

Here's my question, though: what other Sonic characters will appear? Personally I hope the rumors of Shadow and Rouge being antagonists are partially correct. I wouldn't mind them being recurring antagonists/rivals, just not lazy lackeys of Eggman.

And if we have a chance of old characters coming back, perhaps some scrapped/forgotten characters will be brought back too, that could be interesting 

• Thumbs Up 1

I have to say, I can't help thinking "I knew it the whole time" despite being equally terrified of Sonic Boom replacing the original designs.

I keep forgetting to say this, but I hate the robots design. Just use Badniks ;_; I thought they realized this with Lost World...

I don't hate them, but I'll admit that the robots strike an odd chord with me design-wise.

I could totally see Shadow and Rouge in this.

I'd love for them to use more of their existing characters, to spice things up a bit.

What I don't get is why Sonic was so worried about Tails. The boy can fly, after all!

Because he didn't see Tails take off.  And I mean, airplane seatbelts aren't exactly made to keep you loosely in there, so it's a very legitimate fear that he could have had a hard time getting out.

• Thumbs Up 1