Awoo.

2014 is The Year Of Sonic "& Sports tape" *see post 1*

Badnik Mechanic

I don't think the Megaman franchises fit that line. They seem to build upon the former instead of coexisting and not interfering due to them being connected (albiet not too strongly).

My point being that they both exist without conflicting too much with each other.  (Although I haven't played all the games so I might be wrong)  I think this can be done the same way. X)

boomcast.png

robuffnik_zps884514b7.jpg

Ok, I like how Tails and Sonic look, I can tolerate Knuckles, Amy is eh, and I don't like Eggman's design. 

As for the tv series, I think it'll be ok. I'll definitely watch it if I can.

The game I'm not too sure about. I don't really like how the characters look (it's work in progress so it might be better later though), and the levels and gameplay, aside from those few running sequences, doesn't look very Sonic-y to me. Same goes for how the levels look, I don't get Sonic out of that. I know no one will agree with me, but whatever.

So glad this whole sonic boom turned out to be so danm good, not only that but a game of sonic boom too. 

I can definitely see them making a movie out of this.

So what happens when Boom dies? Do you leave the fanbase?

Nope, I do what I've always done. I move on to the next thing.

If I left with the end of an era, I would've been gone after Heroes when ShTH and 06 happened.

Hmm....

I, err, well, I. I like it. Kinda of. Maybe. Not really.

I love the humour already, the stand off between Eggman and Sonic hit just the right note. It wasn't trying too hard or being too overtly puny or even pandering to its audience. It simply used the characters and their fantastic dynamic, lovely.

The action scene not so much. It felt somewhat for and and clunky, and while I like the idea of new, interesting abilities, those models just make it look awkward when in motion, there's just something so wrong witht her proportions. This convienently brings me to the designs, and my god, why why why. Why change such iconic, simple characters just for them to end up looking like generic and stale CGI schmucks. Sonic is already cool; he's a freaking blue hedgehog who can spin dash the fuck out of a triple ton slab of kill-machine. He doesn't need a scarf to be appealing. The point about Sonic characters is that they're simple and colourful and easy on the eye. They're not meant to look like they just had a rather eventful day at A&E...

It just makes me wish they'd gone down the New Mickey Mouse shorts route, now there's a good choice of style - simple and immediately recognisable, yet with a new retro-modern sheen.

I also like the new look of Eggman too, he looks stronger too, like he'll be able to pick up a fist fight with knuckles.

Also glad too see his moustache grew back.

Soooo...what if Sega now features all the goofy game stories alá Colors and Lost world in the Sonic Boom franchise? So Modern Sonic can get more serious games, like unleashed or even sonic freakin adventure 2....i can see this one go pretty good for the modern Sonic franchise.

Soooo...what if Sega now features all the goofy game stories alá Colors and Lost world in the Sonic Boom franchise? So Modern Sonic can get more serious games, like-

Sonic '06 2.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nope, I do what I've always done. I move on to the next thing.

If I left with the end of an era, I would've been gone after Heroes when ShTH and 06 happened.

100% this. I stick around for the new stuff, because I love the characters and the franchise as a whole. Doesn't mean I don't have my favorite era, or my favorite characters. Most of which are the originals considering its what I grew up with. But I wouldn't throw in the towel just cause of design changes or a change in cannon, would have left after the classic era if that was the case.

You can continue to enjoy the franchise even if it has changes you don't personally like prior to contrary believe >.<

I like the character bios:

Sonic: Super-fast with a passion for adventure

Amy: Smart and confident, with acrobatic skills to match

Knuckles: Strong. Determined. The muscle of the team (no mention of anger or stupidity!)

Tails: Ingenious inventor, expert pilot and Sonic's best friend.

Holy shit I'm so fucking hype for Knuckles being a good character again *-*

You can continue to enjoy the franchise even if it has changes you don't personally like prior to contrary believe >.<

Nothing wrong with that.

Just that as far as both verses go, neither one has to be sacrificed for the sake of the other to continue. Those who like Sonic Boom can like it, those who like the original verse can like it, and both can come by from their favorite verse and visit the other to see what's up. We don't have to tear Series A's house down so that Series B can build a new one over it to live in when they can live next door.

• Thumbs Up 6

...Okay. That sounds a lot better than how the games have portrayed characters like Knuckles recently. Maybe he won't be depicted as dumb comic relief after all! =O

Alternate continuity akin to Riders. You can relax.

Riders isn't an alternate continuity, its a spinoff that isn't mentioned in other games, but that's a far cry from it being an "alternate continuity" all-together. This is SPECIFICALLY outright stated to be an alternate continuity.

Soooo...what if Sega now features all the goofy game stories alá Colors and Lost world in the Sonic Boom franchise? So Modern Sonic can get more serious games, like unleashed or even sonic freakin adventure 2....i can see this one go pretty good for the modern Sonic franchise.

I like some of the more serious games, but I DO NOT advocate making the games fully serious. A mix of humor and serious is fine as long as they don't screw it up. Recently its been all humor and no serious parts at all, and its incredibly disappointing.

No mention of Amy's crush on Sonic either. I imagine that'll be downplayed a lot then (or even... non-existant? :o)

Even still, Knuckles redesign feels like a physical recognition of what he's mentally been turned into lately. It's really not a comforting thing to see.

Tails: Ingenious inventor, expert pilot...

I have reserves about the "expert pilot" thing dry.png

...and Sonic's best friend.

giphy.gif

Yes more Sonic/Tails bromance on the horizon!!!

...I guess I need to go to sleep wacko.png

Knuckles isn't mentioned as being short-tempered or stupid and Amy isn't solely defined by her crazy desire to fuck Sonic? Count me in.

• Thumbs Up 7

100% this. I stick around for the new stuff, because I love the characters and the franchise as a whole. Doesn't mean I don't have my favorite era, or my favorite characters. Most of which are the originals considering its what I grew up with. But I wouldn't throw in the towel just cause of design changes or a change in canon, would have left after the classic era if that was the case.

Pretty much this.

Anyways, if this is pretty much the "Mega Man X" of the Sonic series now, then this will definitely be where I stand, mainly.

I hope the next Modern Sonic game isn't as dull and boring as Lost World and actually has some more content, options and appeal to it.

Amy seems to be the new Sally here, Guys.
Especially if she's in the main cast, annoying fangirl can get grating after a few eps.

And the Design has a lot of personality as does the show..it has a bit of the Aosth humour but it reminds me of another good show..can't exactly put my finger on it..Nick's TMNT?

I wonder if we'll get some cameos with the other characters..would be interested to see how they look,,the redesign impressed me far more than I thought..

Can't say the same for 06.*Eggman rubber pants*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrvzClrJmDI#t=18

The first demonstration shows Sonic Boom footage. This game was shown off a long time ago...we just never knew that it was a Sonic game.

EDIT: WHY isn't the video embedding?

You know you're doing something wrong when people don't know a Sonic game when they see one.

No mention of Amy's crush on Sonic either. I imagine that'll be downplayed a lot then (or even... non-existant? :o)

Even still, Knuckles redesign feels like a physical recognition of what he's mentally been turned into lately. It's really not a comforting thing to see.

Who knows? Maybe in this continuity she doesn't start off immediately liking Sonic but as the series goes on, she'll start to fall in love with him (although not to the crazy stalker level that she's currently defined by).

You know you're doing something wrong when people don't know a Sonic game when they see one.

What we're looking at is the Western studio's take on a new branch of an existing franchise that has been consistently Japanese since day 1. I don't see anything wrong with that footage.

• Thumbs Up 2