Awoo.

2014 is The Year Of Sonic "& Sports tape" *see post 1*

Badnik Mechanic

If Boom gets sequels it's a safe bet it would have a new release every three years or so. I'm not sure how big their team is, but it's very likely that if they picked up any other game they'd have to work on it at the same time as Sonic Boom 2, 3, etc.

I don't think BRB is working on anything but Sonic Boom; Sega hired them to work on Sonic Boom, and to ensure its quality, most likely ONLY that. While I think seeing them tackle other Sega franchises like Nights, Billy Hatcher and more would be cool, there are two things to keep in mind. Firstly, they need all the time possible to ensure Sonic Boom is great; it would be embarrassing for your new studio formed of top-teir developers to make a worse Sonic game than Sonic Team.

Secondly, while we are excited about their past talent...we really don't know if they still "got it" like they did when working on Jak, Ratchet and the other games they worked on. They had large teams and worked together for years (Bob Rafia notably, the guy worked at Naughty Dog for decades before leaving), but those teams aren't fully their; only fragments are scattered throughout BRB. I'm positive they will make Sonic Boom an amazing game, but lets wait till that comes out first before we Platinum them and request them to make every game out there biggrin.png.

• Thumbs Up 1

Exactly. They have one job: make a Sonic game that doesn't make human waste look dignified. If they remember all the things that made the titles they worked on great, I'm sure they could make a game that is great for younger audiences and for older.

Though a part of me wonders exactly how SEGA got in touch with BRB... just randomly looked them up? Sony gave them a mention when discussing that possible film? Something else?

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't think BRB is working on anything but Sonic Boom; Sega hired them to work on Sonic Boom, and to ensure its quality, most likely ONLY that. While I think seeing them tackle other Sega franchises like Nights, Billy Hatcher and more would be cool, there are two things to keep in mind. Firstly, they need all the time possible to ensure Sonic Boom is great; it would be embarrassing for your new studio formed of top-teir developers to make a worse Sonic game than Sonic Team.

Secondly, while we are excited about their past talent...we really don't know if they still "got it" like they did when working on Jak, Ratchet and the other games they worked on. They had large teams and worked together for years (Bob Rafia notably, the guy worked at Naughty Dog for decades before leaving), but those teams aren't fully their; only fragments are scattered throughout BRB. I'm positive they will make Sonic Boom an amazing game, but lets wait till that comes out first before we Platinum them and request them to make every game out there biggrin.png.

Yeah, while I am pretty happy at the optimisim thats been being shown (honestly its good knowing that more people are excited besides me) it probably would be a good idea to automatically assume that just because they are bringing back some things that the series hasn't had in a while, it doesn't mean that its going to fulfill alot of expectations (though I do think they will do a good job with it).

• Thumbs Up 2

We know there's Sonic Boom toys and doo-dahs coming from Tomy, but it would appear that that might not be all. 

SEGA will also launch a broad licensing program across multiple categories including toys, apparel, publishing, accessories, food and beverage, health and more.

3SonicPastas.jpg

Tomato and Cheese Source

• Thumbs Up 3

So does this mean I might end up seeing Sonic at McDonalds's again?

Because I'm totally cool with that.

• Thumbs Up 2

Then hand it off to BRB. Spryo's flying mechanic experience from Insomniac veterans might come in handy.

Speaking of Spyro's aerial mechanics, perhaps they'll draw inspiration from that for Knuckles' gliding and possibly some of Tails' aerial moves/manuevers.

Fuck. Yes.

That's all I have to say about this. I've been saying for years I wanted SEGA to have a marketing presence like they did in the 90s. I want Sonic on my cereal, on my shampoo, on my shirt, on my blanket, on EVERYTHING.

I presume by "health," they mean "band-aids."

I'm really looking forward to seeing Sonic merch become mainstream again. Traditionally I only see it in gaming shops or huge toy stores; most of the general stores only keep cartoon-related merch.

• Thumbs Up 1

Was that an Iblis Worm at the end? =P

It looks more like Driller the big giant worm thing in Transformers: Dark Of The Moon

It's OK because it serves its function as a listening device and it's not that big an issue you're making it out to be for it not to be on his ears. Not that hard to comprehend, and It's not like cartoons have never done this before.

No, I haven't. But you realize that Tails is an 8 year old kid and not a grown up like Adult Link, right? Meaning he's going to be shorter than the teenage Knuckles. So using a glitch as example doesn't really compare.

Are you really comparing a bug that leads to a scenario that's not supposed to happen like that to begin with to this? Are you really assuming that Tails' height isn't going to be scaled to that of the other characters? Come on, man, this isn't cool...

Point is this discrepancy in height makes having these characters interact is going to be awkward. They don't seem to have taken this into account when designing these characters.

Point is this discrepancy in height makes having these characters interact is going to be awkward. They don't seem to have taken this into account when designing these characters.
I fail to see how it's awkward when factor in things like the character's age in the design. Tails is among the shortest and youngest characters in the whole franchise; Even with the designs being an uncanny valley for some, it makes since for Tails to be shorter than Knuckles.
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's not a question of physiology or relative ages, their size discrepancy is large enough to bet hitbox force characters to change their posture just to hand something to one another, or if one is showing the other something on some kind of screen.

It's not a question of physiology or relative ages, their size discrepancy is large enough to bet hitbox force characters to change their posture just to hand something to one another, or if one is showing the other something on some kind of screen.

Exactly what cartoon with larger size discrepancies doesn't do this? This is grasping for straws at this point.

• Thumbs Up 3

For that matter I'll be pretty surprised if Lost World didn't do it, considering the entire middle portion of the game is spent with an Eggman who's easily twice the size of the protagonists, not to mention at least a good half of the D6.