Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

Knuckles was hidden in the box art of Sonic 3 unlike "Marine"who is along side them in tbe screen so I doubt she will do what knuckles did

But that boxart was an invention of Sega of America, so it doesn't count. :V

Anyways, if this character is new then I don't have a problem with her unless she becomes the next Chris Thorndike. spotlight stealing motherfucker...

• Thumbs Up 1

At least she doesn't look as annoying as Thorndyke.

The first image I saw of him, I thought he was going to be alright, but then he had to exist for the duration of the entire show...

... not that having Chris was the only thing wrong with Sonic X.tongue.png

I have a source that says Shadow will appear, have an antagonistic relationship with the main cast, and then his death will trigger Sonic and Knuckles to confess their love for each other. Said source requires they remain anonymous, I'm sorry!

No, really, I'm sorry. Names or it didn't happen.

As a member of Sonic Revolution, I technically work closely with TSSZ, but I'm not going to deny that "I have a source" isn't satisfactory. Anyone can claim that.

I'm not keeping up with Sonic Boom news, but are we sure that the new girl is even a raccoon? I'm not seeing a raccoon tail.

I'm not keeping up with Sonic Boom news, but are we sure that the new girl is even a raccoon? I'm not seeing a raccoon tail.

Not yet. Some are suggesting other things like badger or koala.

Badger sounds pretty likely. I'm still convinced (or at least hoping) that it isn't Marine, or at leas that if it is she's completely different, but again the head shape and clothing don't match Marine at all, only the color scheme.

As said, it would be simply magnificent if she turned out to be a bandicoot. Anyway, the possibility of her playing an initial antagonist role akin to Knuckles does sound enticing.

Badgers aren't indigenous to Australia though, this character is screaming Aussie stereotype is she not like a Wombat or Wallaby or something.

• Thumbs Up 2

Badgers aren't indigenous to Australia though, this character is screaming Aussie stereotype is she not like a Wombat or Wallaby or something.

What's so Australian about her? I honestly dont see it, she isn't riding in a kangaroo pouch or cuddling a koala. So which Australian stereotype is she screaming?

Opossum's KIND of have dark colouring around their eyes a little?

I dunno I'm looking up pictures of australian mammals and nothing's jumping out at me.  Everything about her design screams raccoon EXCEPT for the tail.

What's so Australian about her? I honestly dont see it, she isn't riding in a kangaroo pouch or cuddling a koala. So which Australian stereotype is she screaming?

She's wielding a boomerang.  Her head is shaped like a boomerang.

She has a frickin' boomerang.

Mainly Boomerang and similarities to Marine if I'm honest, its hard to say so for certain until we hear her voice, but those are reasons enough to make me speculate.

That and she definitely looks like some tropical exotic resident.

• Thumbs Up 1

She has a frickin' boomerang.

She's wielding a boomerang.  Her head is shaped like a boomerang.

Mainly Boomerang and similarities to Marine if I'm honest, its hard to say so for certain until we hear her voice, but those are reasons enough to make me speculate.

That and she definitely looks like some tropical exotic resident.

Right-o. Totally forgot she had a boomerang in that older picture. Good point. Back to lurking then.

It'd be funny if that boomerang concept art was super early though and they ditched it in the end, and she's not at all Australian lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

But she's holding a Boomerang in the new 3D render we've seen?

She does 

Also being the most sonic-y looking of all the characters on that concept art does tend to indicate a bigger role, as she will look least conspicuous alongside the main cast

Oh, so she is!  Totally blended in with Knuckles there, my bad.

You know, it's funny some people are suggesting badger. We have people saying it's probably not a raccoon due to it's tail, but the character's tail doesn't resemble a badger's either.

So if it is Marine, would that be a good thing? Do some of you guys like or hate her?

Edit: I haven't been following the topic much.

IF it IS Marine, then I'm all for her new design like dayumn.

I never liked her in Rush Adventure, I never liked her as a character personally so this is a step up for me if it's her.

• Thumbs Up 2

I really only know Marine through Archie, so I can't really say from the SEGA side. But from her Archie impressions, she seems like an interesting character. I like her there.

But for all I know, she acts completely different in SEGA. But who knows how she'd act if this is her Boom design?

So, yeah, I like Marine, in, at the least, a certain field.

Would it be a good thing? Well, wouldn't be a bad, I suppose. The only difference between this being Marine and this not is a nod to the fans of her. That's it, really.

• Thumbs Up 1

Marine as a character is...on the farthest part of my "not worth caring about" mindset...

She was an annoying character and whatever they do with her here will not phase me in the slightest.

S.M. does not care for the annoying and obviously written Aussie stereotype.

The design looks somewhat cool I guess...

That's really the only thing that stood out to me when I saw it.

I can picture the new girl being a badger, and it really doesn't matter if Badgers aren't native to Australia.

I mean, Knuckles is a Echidna, and those critters are only found in Australia and New Guinea, but the games makes it appear that he's South/Central American with his tribe building Aztec style temples.