Carbo

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

3134 posts in this topic

I like this design a lot! She's good friends with Amy, huh? I guess that means she'll sort of be taking the role Cream had in Sonic X. Except this time, Sticks will be much more useful in comparison. I also really like her loud and whacky personality.

The only thing throwing me off is that she has no gloves...

That same line had me A- thinking she's going to a very generic "lolz random so funny" generic, shitty and irritating character and B- isn't she supposed to be alone?

Maybe this "government" in  question could be the ancient evil or the machinery works of a certain Doctor.

Light the Hedgehog likes this

You know it's just going to be a barrel of fun if Sticks becomes popular enough that SEGA, ASAP will make a main-canon version of her, just like how Marvel did with Ultimate Nick Fury ala Nick Fury Jr.

Eh, they haven't "canonized" Sally or any of the Freedom Fighters, and they're quite popular. Sticks'll probably remain exclusive to this universe regardless of popularity.

But this is SEGA we're talking about, so who knows?

I'm not really sure how this will go down. Its a big risk that could flop or go really well. I'm kinda perplexed as to why the existing cast hasn't been revitalised...I'm not quite sure the whole "Sonic's shitty friends" stigma has disappeared entirely, especially given that people complained about their almost minimal presence in Generations.

... People complained that they were there at all in Generations, even though they did less than jackshit in the story or gameplay? Seriously?

Kabalni likes this

... People complained that they were there at all in Generations, even though they did less than jackshit in the story or gameplay? Seriously?

Yes, seriously. People raged when they showed the first screenshot of Sonic friends at his birthday party or when SEGA announced Shadow and Silver as rival boss characters.

Now THIS is a interesting character, Not only is she cute, but I even love her voice too, sounds like that pink haired chick from Ten Kai Knights, just more cheerful.

Yes, seriously. People raged when they showed the first screenshot of Sonic friends at his birthday party or when SEGA announced Shadow and Silver as rival boss characters.

I don't understand this fandom.

But then, I should've expected this after the "GREEN EYEZ" debacle.

So, yeah, Sticks...

I don't understand this fandom.

But then, I should've expected this after the "GREEN EYEZ" debacle.

So, yeah, Sticks...

All people are different, so there will always be complaints about something I don't think we should blow one review out of proportion. Most reviewers didn't complain about them. There have been people asking for some of the characters to return, too.

I'm guessing badgers in the US aren't the adorable ones we have in Eyurup.

badger2.jpg

Loooook, they're so cuuuute! :3

They look lazy and cathartic. Are you sure they're not American?

They look lazy and cathartic. Are you sure they're not American?

gif-ooooooooooh.gif

Um, yeah they're the badgers we have in the UK. Tbh I'm not sure if they are also around in the continent. I'm guessing Sticks is a honey badger, the ones with the nasty teeth and matching temper?! :D

I'm not quite sure the whole "Sonic's shitty friends" stigma has disappeared entirely

I'm sure it hasn't.

I quite like the design and the addition of a crazy character, but the name sounds kind of weird. I'm also not so sure about the voice.

Sonic does look weird in that picture, and I can't quite see why. It could be his ears... or the spike placement. I dunno. biggrin.png

It could be that his entire head needs to be scooched to left a little bit?

Sonic.... ... .. .. Why do you look so strange?

I can't put my finger on it, but... does Sonic look slightly odd to anyone else?

I think it's a very oddly posed model. The same CG models will likely be used for the renders and the show, so I wouldn't think it's a different one as some are suggesting. He does look odd though.

Ooooh god. I...I'm sorry, I really do wanna like her. She's got that interesting idea of being sort've native, previously alone, and now suddenly has friends. Which can lead to plenty of good gags.

She's paired with Amy! I adore Amy, and usually anyone paired with her is adored too. Yes even Big.

But... THAT VOICE. Oh god... I...I dunno, I may grow to like it, but right now, I'm uuuuuugh. And I mean, I can stand Minnie Mouse Amy.

What the hell kind of government could Sticks have ever lived under? Even for someone like her, the line doesn't make any sense.