Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

Someone shared the image to a Sonic FB group saying "Hey.... WHY THE HELL IS MARINE IN THIS IMAGE". The ever lovely Mike came in and posted something. Now Mike never says either way on things but I'd say it's a pretty good hint.

BIO0yzq.png

• Thumbs Up 6

Ok here's another one, this one from the game... look at this.

Sonic_Rush_Adventure_Marine.png

Fs8esUR.png

Her hair is coming out of her head at a completely different location too.

We still sure it's her?

Edit:

Someone shared the image to a Sonic FB group saying "Hey.... WHY THE HELL IS MARINE IN THIS IMAGE". The ever lovely Mike came in and posted something. Now Mike never says either way on things but I'd say it's a pretty good hint.

BIO0yzq.png

Not her then.

Mike used that in the TSS comments before when people assumed he was doing voice work for something, when he wasn't.

She also doesn't have a tail. Raccoons tend to have those.

Well, she could have lost it in an accident.

Don't think we have a Sonic character that had one of those backstories.

Heck, maybe she's not even a Raccoon anymore.

Maybe she's not even Marine...
  • Thumbs Up 1

When has Marine ever had anything to do with boomerangs though? Of all the Aussie stereotypes that were lived up to in Rush Adventure, boomerangs were nowhere to be seen.

One could argue that the current Marine's pigtails are shaped like boomerangs. Anyway, just because she never had a boomerang in Rush Adventure, that doesn't mean they can't use that as an Aussie reference for her in Boom. 

I'm not sure Sonic Boom would change the species of the characters. Simply because well, the main 4 are the same animals.

Actually, I change my mind. I can see how this'll play out in the show.

Tails: How are we gonna take that thing out?

Sonic:We're not going to.

Tails: Well who is?

Sonic: Some say she fakes her accent, and only eats palm tree leaves. All we know is, she's not Marine, but she is Marine's Australian cousin!

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh come on.

She still has blue eyes, she still has the same ears, she still has pony tails, it's Marine with a redesign. Is the Racoon with an accent that hard to accept for you people?

• Thumbs Up 1

One could argue that the current Marine's pigtails are shaped like boomerangs. Anyway, just because she never had a boomerang in Rush Adventure, that doesn't mean they can't use that as an Aussie reference for her in Boom.

Which only begs the question why bring back an obscure and unpopular character with a an even bigger redesign than anyone else instead of creating a new character altogether?

Oh. Right.

The tail is kind of a big thing.

Oy, then why does every other detail make it look like her?!  I mean she's holding a boomerang for crying out loud!

Did they just use Marine as inspiration or something?

Is the Racoon with an accent that hard to accept for you people?

Mike Pollock has just hinted that it's not her.

This is the video he posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfvTwv5o1Qs

I wish I could find it, but he has definitely posted that reply on a TSS article when people were speculating stuff about him which wasn't true.

I honestly thought it was her when I first saw it, but looking at the details, there's so much that's different about her I just can't say any more than I think it's her.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm pretty certain she's just going to be the new young focus group character created for the kiddies to want to relate to.

Honestly she looks so much like Marine, that I'd be very surprised if it wasn't her. She's able to get a bigger redesign because she's less known and popular.

She may not be as popular as some other characters, but there will be more excitement from them bringing her back than it being a new person.

----

What's up with Knuckles' expression, though? He hungry?

• Thumbs Up 2

Does Amy still have her tail? The "no tail" thing could be just for females this time around.

Mike Pollock has just hinted that it's not her.

This is the video he posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfvTwv5o1Qs

I wish I could find it, but he has definitely posted that reply on a TSS article when people were speculating stuff about him which wasn't true.

So we're going by Mike's favorite video on speculation that the only character in the sketch board that looks like a actual Sonic character, and bears very similar design traits to said existing Sonic character, is not said Sonic character?

I mean she could be her sister, a rename for legal rights, or something other like that, but you cannot tell me that that character doesn't look even the slightest bit like Marine.

It's like if when Heroes was revealed, instead of everybody going "Oh hey it's vector!" they went "Whoa-ho-ho-ho-ho...

classic_vector_the_crocodile_by_advert_m

Sonicchannel_vector_nocircle.png

... Whoa. Let's not get too crazy here."

• Thumbs Up 5

I've gotta say, the Boom designs are definitely growing on me. Although Amy's half-shut eyes are a little weird. 

As far as whether or not the new character is Australia the Australian; I'm gonna go out on a limb and say yes, that's probably Marine. Yeah, she looks slightly different, but at the same time she seems way too similar to be someone entirely unrelated. You don't make something this close by accident. 

• Thumbs Up 8

New Vector mostly has the same design as old Vector aside from his shoulders(?) and clothing, that's not really the case with Not-Marine.

So we're going by Mike's favorite video on speculation that the only character in the sketch board that looks like a actual Sonic character, and bears very similar design traits to said existing Sonic character, is not said Sonic character?

Oh for gods sake... No it's not just mikes comment, it's a whole lot of things.

The case for it being her.

1: She is orange.

2: It's a Raccoon.

The case against.

1: Her ears are now have furry bits on them.

2: Eye lashes are completely different.

3: Now has huge brown patches on her head and ears. Marine doesn't have this.

4: Hair comes out of a completely different part of her head.

5: Hair is much bigger than before (granted this could be a boom thing).

6: Patches/design around her eyes have gone, it's a completely different facial area.

7: She doesn't have a tail.

8: No rings in her hair.

9: Hair is a completely different style compared to the original. (older one looked a bit like an L shape, new one is more a point).

10: She hasn't any gloves.

11: Mike Pollock has hinted it's not her.

And I left out most of the other clothing additions due to how Boom's characters mostly wear some form of clothing.

Edit: Also just notice, Marine is the one character who is actually wearing less clothes than her original, if it's her.

sonic_boom__concept_artwork__marine_the_500px-RushAdventure_Marine_pose.png

This isn't like Sonic, or Knuckles which have minor differences, these are some pretty big and very noticeable changes to her design. Theres no way you can safely say 'yup it's her' when there's far too many differences, in fact even if they come out and say 'Yeah that's Marine' my reaction is gonna be 'Are you kidding me?' because it looks so different.

• Thumbs Up 2

1: Her ears are now furry.

6: Patches/design around her eyes have gone, it's a completely different facial area.

9: Hair is a completely different style compared to the original. (older one looked a bit like an L shape, new one is more a point).

12: Her clothes' colour scheme is completely different.

Hogfather, you could perform the exact same analysis for these two designs.

May I chime in here? What you're looking at with Metal Sonic is a completely different case. He's always retained his original appearance in both Heroes and Chaotix and has only undergone transformation for story purposes. What we're looking at with this so-called 'Marine' is a total change of an established character that goes well beyond the changes seen in Boom already to the point where we can argue they're not one and the same. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh for gods sake... No it's not just mikes comment, it's a whole lot of things.

The case for it being her.

1: She is orange.

2: It's a Raccoon.

The case against.

1: Her ears are now furry.

sonic_boom__concept_artwork__marine_the_500px-RushAdventure_Marine_pose.png

And Knuckles is buff and Eggman isn't an egg anymore. We get it, redesigns are different.

But the same could be said for vector.

He's a crocodile

He's green

But...

His back is more hunched

His eyebrows are now angrier

Has green areas on his arms

Doesn't have shoulder blades and arms come out of different arm designs

Arms are much thicker than before

Has green eyes instead of black

Has gold chain around his neck that should be totally bare

Has different style of clothes

Has no glove cuffs

And Mike Pollock hadn't hinted that he was Vector

New Vector mostly has the same design as old Vector aside from his shoulders(?) and clothing, that's not really the case with Not-Marine.

Vector going from a snake with limbs to a Dorito with limbs and new clothes doesn't sound much different from Marine going from boomerang ponytails to boomerang head and different clothes.

12: Her clothes' colour scheme is completely different.

As for color schemes, Sonic and the rest of the cast is also now colored in brown and dull colors that were previously not in their color scheme, so what gives?

It sounds like we're just splitting hairs for the sake of it at this point. It's an Aussie-based raccoon-ish character with blue eyes and orange/brown fur. Unless this character is Marine's sister or relative or something (doubt it since Archie has those mandates and I'd assume the same.. maybe), it makes no sense for them to make another character with the same traits to her as another major Sega!Sonic character, so it'd have to be her.

Also.. are we seriously gonna talk about redesigns being vastly different here when we talk of Boom? BRB Studios / whoever's on with the show has shown no hesitation to alter designs. I mean, look at Knuckles! You're really gonna tell me they wouldn't do a drastic redesign to a comparably much more obscure character? I don't think so.

• Thumbs Up 2

Also if it's Marine... though this might be explained by the whole Boom continuity thing.

Marine by all rights is still in Blaze's dimension.

So what's she doing here/does that mean Blaze might show up? Or Even Eggman Nega?

Edit; I just noticed something.

Sonicboom-marine.jpg

What's happened to Tails' toolbelt? You can see it around his waist, but shouldn't it also be viewable on his chest too?