Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

I would like to point out that Marine's very obscurity as a character means that she can be more heavily redesigned than the far more iconic main quartet of the cast.  So many of the same influences as were at play in Marine are clearly visible in the new character that I think it's implausible to claim no connection whatsoever.  Nonetheless, this does not mean that she is Marine - she may be based on or inspired by Marine, but serving such a different role in the plot as to necessitate a new identity.

I really like the theory that this is for the 3DS version, incidentally - that could go some way to explaining the strange prominence of an obscure DS-only character; it's something that a 3DS audience could better appreciate than the Wii U audience.

• Thumbs Up 8

Hate to break up the discussion, but this caught my eye. 

Fnt6U3U.jpg

Sonic's not wearing it in the earlier artwork.

Wait wait wait.

Is Sonic's scarf a little redder now or is that just me? (If not, then at least it's a much more vivid brown.)

I know, more miniscule design piddling, but it's still a thing.

Wait wait wait.

Is Sonic's scarf a little redder now or is that just me? If not, then at least it's a much more vivid brown.

It's just the quality of the picture, probably. I mean Knuckles looks like he's a brighter red than usual, at least in my eyes.

That being said, they could change something small like that in the designs. We know the game footage in particular wasn't finalized, so there's that. The cartoon, could go either way.

I wonder why Sonic suddenly got the same mouth as Game!Sonic instead of it being in the center of the face, like what we've been seeing lately. Changes in character designs?

Actually Boom!Sonic (and I guess all of the characters) has a moving mouth (I hope this is the right term...)

sonic_boom___trailer_by_guirj37-d75ksan.

sonic_boom___trailer____sonic__2_by_guir

Thanks to the CGI, Sonic's mouth can switch places from side to center on his own (instead of using camera tricks like in the cutscenes of Sonic Lost World for example)

• Thumbs Up 1

Someone on TSS comments is claiming that the image originated from an instagram account? @jayanator06.

I tried looking into it but the only one by that name appears to be some kid and the account is private?

I don't really care if you say she is not Marine. She may be a whole different character vaguely based on her, but if she is an Australian female raccoon, well... that's enough for me to consider her Marine, even if she is getting a new name in the show. I'll still treat her as the same character.

I don't really get your angle here.  Why treat her as the same character just because she looks super similar?

I'm not even going to be treating the main five as the same characters, this is a new continuity.  I'm going in with no assumptions.

So I just checked out the guy who originally uploaded the image... he's now done a youtube video about it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC15nWTKo5Y

Only the way he talks suggests he got it from another source too. But doesn't link to it or say how he obtained it. Would be very handy to find the source of this since it would help a lot with finding out other stuff.

Also a thought, given the quality of the image, its likely it was an instagram thing.

Anyone ever consider the fact that it might be Cream, who they decided to combine her and Marine for whatever reason.

Anyone ever consider the fact that it might be Cream, who they decided to combine her and Marine for whatever reason.

That's incredibly unlikely.

So I just checked out the guy who originally uploaded the image... he's now done a youtube video about it. 

Only the way he talks suggests he got it from another source too. But doesn't link to it or say how he obtained it. Would be very handy to find the source of this since it would help a lot with finding out other stuff.

Also a thought, given the quality of the image, its likely it was an instagram thing.

If it's real, I'm guessing it's part of the materials they're making for E3. Do they use a third party to make their promotional materials?

The guy who uploaded this to twitter originally said this...

It was all over Instagram and Twitter, not sure who took the original picture

I'm guessing it's part of the materials they're making for E3. Do they use a third party to make their promotional materials?

Mi-Pr handle some stuff... but I doubt this would be them, only other ones would be in the Sega 2013 plans, from images showing promotional stuff after various events.

he's got hold of some official Sonic Boom artwork and is making his own posters with it.

I'd say this is the most likely, unless all of the renders were hand-made, which, to say the least, would be very impressive.

Or, of course on the other hand, Darth Vader and Eggman will be teaming up to create a Death Star/ Death Egg combo.

The artwork in those posters almost look too good to be fan-made. 

Wonder if this guy will upload any more "posters" today. 

I'm willing to bet that the character renders are real. That background...yeah.

I would love to hear that the guys from the E3 booth as having a laugh with spare materials though I doubt they'd have the time for shenanigans like that.

Could those renders have come from the press vault?

Could those renders have come from the press vault?

English one is empty. 

That is more than likely a promo picture for the cartoon rather than the game, guys...

And the basis for this theory of your's is?

Oh shit! I just noticed something... going to try and work some magic in MS paint... stand by....

Now that I look closer at the Darth Vader poster, look at Tails' chest. You can just nearly see the part of his tool belt that was missing from the Marine poster. (The part that runs up his chest)

Or maybe I'm insane.

At least we now know what happened to the Death Egg at the end of Sonic 4 Ep2...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbPb4WW2kgI

I'm getting pretty hyped for Boom.

• Thumbs Up 4