Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

Gotta admit that if that fourth character is marine then she isn't a raccoon anymore.

Also, sonic x starwars crossover confirmed (darn you Disney and your over saturated marketing).

The Darth Vader thing cuts off on both sides.  Is it possible it's part of a larger banner advertising many games?  Any Star Wars games on the horizon?

Ok so probably by the time I've posted this everyone else has noticed it too... but anyway...

RxAjQMC.png

Maybe someone with a better image setup than MS paint can splice the two images together in their entirety so it looks better than that.

But from the looks of things, there's three different banners here. Question now, is that Vader artwork new? If not... dare I suggest Sega have a Star Wars license? 

Sonic Boom x Star Wars crossover wouldn't work legally, at least for the show. Sonic Boom's set for Cartoon Network and Lucasfilms is Disney material at this point, so it's off limits, unless we're talking game.. which would just be bizzare.

Almost willing to completely bet some guy just got the artwork and is doing posters. If not, then Sega found some MASSIVE loopholes to work around.

The Darth Vader thing cuts off on both sides.  Is it possible it's part of a larger banner advertising many games?  Any Star Wars games on the horizon?

From memory, something to do with Star Wars Battlefront is being shown at E3, it could potentially be a massive poster for the entrance or something.

Sonic... and Star Wars...

nwjvpi.png

Knew it all along.

[Yes, that is my editing skills from three years ago at play]

EDIT: On the subject, I'd say massive banner production. We've got two, maybe three Star Wars games on the horizon, and all are equally hyped as Sonic Boom [if even we know nothing of two of the Star Wars games], meaning that putting them together would make sense, ahem... from a certain point of view.

• Thumbs Up 4

From  memory, something to do with Star Wars Battlefront is being shown at E3, it could potentially be a massive poster for the entrance or something.

Going with this too. Sounds about right.

Funny how we said that we haven't gotten anything related to Sonic Boom in almost 4 months, and now this suddenly happens. Kinda funny how that works.

Lol this is getting curiouser and curiouser by the minute. They're awesome renders but I really want to know where this guy got them from! In fact, are there any more? =3

And Darth Vader is teaming up with Sonic now? Great! XP

• Thumbs Up 1

And the basis for this theory of your's is?

Because it's been confirmed that the main characters for the game are Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy. It wouldn't make sense to have an extra in the poster right by the main cast ensemble.

I hate to disappoint you all... but I can confirm that this is fake.... Darth Vader is not appearing in Sonic Boom.

For one thing, he's not covered in sports tape.

someone edits sports tape vader pls.

Dammit Disney, why do you have to ruin everything?!! Except Frozen.....

Because it's been confirmed that the main characters for the game are Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy. It wouldn't make sense to have an extra in the poster right by the main cast ensemble.

she could be a tag along

They also confirmed that there would be character development between the four characters, which I think pretty much means that this mystery character is for the TV show.

This is just some wild speculation but I think Not!Marine may act as guide for Sonic and co. since they're not from this Island/World, and it appears shes a local of the island....but we shall see soon enough. 

• Thumbs Up 1

They also confirmed that there would be character development between the four characters, which I think pretty much means that this mystery character is for the TV show.

The photo with the concept art of her was taken at Big Red Button, so it seems like she'll be in the game.

I assume that she'll be a side character. This does make me wonder though: did SEGA ever confirm that Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy are the only playable characters?

Ok so.... I spotted something on the Vader image and I did an edit. 

fAE7XWV.jpg

I noticed that there was some paper stuck under it, to me it looks around A4 size, so I copied it and measured it along the vader poster... this thing is huge. As you can see (yes I know it's not perfectly to scale). 

So what about it? Well... Some people were asking if these were just made by a random fan who had access to the press vault or somehow got the assets. It's possible, but... there's a few things that don't add up here.

Both banners do not show any signs of paper joined together, meaning it was printed off in a single run.

The image quality is what I would call 'proof quality' image quality for public displays.

So think about this...

We have two possibly three images here, all at proof quality, which must have come out of a print quality printer that has the ability to produce banner sized images in a single run. These printers are costed into the thousands, let alone the cost for ink and paper reels. 

Now add onto that... "And all that kit is owned by a Sonic & Star Wars fan who happened to find unreleased assets to a top secret project at Sega and decided to make some posters out of them for his own use."

If we have any mathematicians here, I would love to know the probability of that.

That doesn't seem likely. The cost of producing those images alone, I can't being to believe these were made for personal use. We have one of those printers at my college, heck I've used it, they're slow, they're noisy and yeah they're expensive.

I just think that considering what's here, I think these might have actually been commissioned by someone. But how or why since the Sonic with Vader legalities alone must be astonishing... But for a fan project for personal use? It's very unlikely.

SEGA Nerds reckons it's all part of a toy booth banner. That would likely be what's going on here with Star Wars being on it, too.

https://twitter.com/...707382354321408

I think they're right.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't really get your angle here.  Why treat her as the same character just because she looks super similar?

I'm not even going to be treating the main five as the same characters, this is a new continuity.  I'm going in with no assumptions.

Unless she's got a brand new personality, no way she is an original character, different or not, she is a rebooted Marine.

Nothing confirming there wouldn't be other main characters, let alone other playable characters outside of the four; also let's take into consideration standard PR tactics and the fact that SEGA and company love to (unintentionally) play mind games to fool around with spectators.

Perhaps its a banner for the Nintendo Section at E3 for a third party area? or escalator banners

Does strike me that the character may have importance in the game(possibly an unlockable character), and also a audience connecting character for the show perhaps, and ya she's most likely a derivative of Marine