Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

Cool, I'm hoping for a trailer within a week or 2, so I won't be too distracted during my exams in June.

Do you have a link for that pic? Did jayanator06 post it on Instagram like the others?

I saw it on the SEGA forums, I think it's from the same guy.

I don't think these are specifically Tomy, maybe a few toy companies are being featured on these posters. Last I checked, LEGO don't work with other toy companies.

Another theory; What if these are posters for Canal J and Gulli in France, showing their lineup? I don't believe they have Cartoon Network or Disney channel over here, though I could be wrong (lol, I live in this country and I don't even watch French television).

Actually, I believe they did. Or rather, they at least said that the focus will be Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy.

Actually, I believe they did. Or rather, they at least said that the focus will be Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy.

Sketchy. Doesn't sound really decisive. Either way, it's not like they said they'd be the "ONLY" focus. And if memory serves they did hint at the possibility of more than just four playable characters to choose from.

Sketchy. Doesn't sound really decisive. Either way, it's not like they said they'd be the "ONLY" focus. And if memory serves they did hint at the possibility of more than just four playable characters to choose from.

Ya that was something I was really hoping would happen because it would be awesome for post story replay, and perhaps even create some new fan favorites, and with the system they have setup it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to do at least for competitive(heck for competitive EGGMAN could be playable for all we know) 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not sure they hinted at more playable characters, I think they had no comment at the time. I don't doubt other characters as NPCs, but I think the the only playable we'll get are the main four, and I think that's probably all that there should be in terms of playable characters. As for unlockables, that's something that could be done, but only as long as the unlockable characters share a character class. I still think skins would be the better way to go.

I recall them tidbiting the notion that those four while likely the most important and granted mainstay, weren't the only playable folk integral to the story, as well as hints at a few all star returns as well.

I'd keep leaked info to myself; why risk the pipe being fixed?

Because unlike Nintendo, SEGA doesn't have a "plumber" for such a job. =P.

Ergo, when it comes to leaks, SEGA doesn't really pounce on them too badly.

Besides these days with the internet especially, leaks can never truly die.

No point in saving a leak only to have the potential attention and shock value it'd yield by risking the official release of said information come before you make your move.

• Thumbs Up 2

Do we know who's doing the Sonic Boom toys? I think Hasbro does Star Wars.

Do we know who's doing the Sonic Boom toys? I think Hasbro does Star Wars.

It's by TOMY, there's more about it in the Market Place section of the forum.....

I put the 3 new Sonic Boom pictures together!  happy.png

If these are official, I'm saddened the same pose is used in every image.

Besides these days with the internet especially, leaks can never truly die.

Nintendo's pretty good at ruthlessly crushing leaks, as memory serves.

The lack of poses do leave me questioning the authenticity. But then again, the official promotional material is pretty lazy too -- using pre-rendered material and just plopping the images over another.

I'm trying to figure out why this matters? It's promo art. There'll be plenty more of it.

• Thumbs Up 6

It just looks bland and I'm a spoiled Uekawite. tongue.png

Hopefully future pieces will have more variety at least.

It looks like the other two are photoshopped with the Star Wars background obviously.

To the people who are getting angry at people assuming it's Marine: why? It astounds me that this is a thing that people are upset or criticizing because regardless of whether or not it's her, I have an extremely hard time believing that anybody with half a fucking brain cell would not immediately think of Marine upon seeing that design, and if it doesn't turn out to be Marine then I'll be extremely surprised and highly doubtful that it was an unintentional design choice.

Just seems like some people are trying to take the higher ground or look smart because somehow it was decided a while back that making a conclusion based on anything makes you look like an idiot

It's called "jumping to conclusions". Which is what you just did by assuming that I'm angry about people assuming that this character is Marine and that I think that people who assume so are idiots. :V

It looks like the other two are photoshopped with the Star Wars background obviously.

That too.

I know that the 3D model backgrounds don't always look the best but...

This is why I prefer traditional art for adverts like that. An artistic style can look the same across multiple characters.

Compare this:

four_friends_by_falterdan-d4dzgl9.jpg

To this:

KKjfYLE.png

Any artistic issues with the first one aside, all the characters are in the same style. In the latter case, as with these adverts, the characters are just kind of slapped together.

What really makes it offensive is that the same pose is used in all of them. You can tell it's a literal copy and paste.

To the people who are getting angry at people assuming it's Marine: why? It astounds me that this is a thing that people are upset or criticizing because regardless of whether or not it's her, I have an extremely hard time believing that anybody with half a fucking brain cell would not immediately think of Marine upon seeing that design, and if it doesn't turn out to be Marine then I'll be extremely surprised and highly doubtful that it was an unintentional design choice.

Just seems like some people are trying to take the higher ground or look smart because somehow it was decided a while back that making a conclusion based on anything makes you look like an idiot

Because her name isn't Marine. It's Sheila, to fit with her already overwhelming stereotypical Australian self. She also has a didgeridoo.

• Thumbs Up 4

Because her name isn't Marine. It's Sheila, to fit with her already overwhelming stereotypical Australian self. She also has a didgeridoo.

Damnit Gene you shouldn't be leaking all of our secret Sonic scoops. I mean there's an NDA on that stuff and Aaron will get angry if we break it!!!

It is equally as much of a jump to conclusions to passive-aggressively assume that you were singled out in his statement so I guess disappointment all around is to be shared.

Of course I'm not the single person he was talking to with that post. I'm just telling my point of view.

Your point of view apparently being that he was singling you out and thus jumping to conclusions about your reasoning for posting, since otherwise your post where you talk about exactly that makes no sense whatsoever.

• Thumbs Up 1

Your point of view apparently being that he was singling you out and thus jumping to conclusions about your reasoning for posting, since otherwise your post where you talk about exactly that makes no sense whatsoever.

Nowhere did I say that I'm the only one he addressed, I just felt like I was one of the people he was talking about. I probably could have worded it better though.

Also fuck I just made half this page about myself, didn't I? Sorry about that. :X

Okay but I don't see how in this case jumping to conclusions equates to making an educated guess based on evidence and numerous parallels between the two designs, to the point where Marine was the first thing that crossed many people's minds. This is not epileptic trees we are talking about; this is a knee-jerk reaction that many people have because whether you think it's her or not, it's impossible not to think of Marine at all when looking at this character. Whether it is her or not is irrelevant, because it is virtually no sweat off anybody's back for anyone to speculate or even believe anything about this game until otherwise indicated. At this point every line of discussion about this game has mostly been speculation 'cause we don't have a lot to work with in regards to officially revealed information. If it's not Marine then oh well! I honestly would not blame anyone who initially thought it would have been her because it looks way too much like her for it to be a coincidence, and I don't think that citing design differences is a compelling counter-argument considering the drastic re-designs that Knuckles and Eggman have received in regards to their body shapes, which are the most striking features of any cartoon character.

This is kind of on topic since it was in the trailer, was there a particular reason that Bangarang was picked as the trailer song? I don't think Skrillex has been used in Sonic trailers before...

This is kind of on topic since it was in the trailer, was there a particular reason that Bangarang was picked as the trailer song? I don't think Skrillex has been used in Sonic trailers before...

its popular and current, that's about it 

• Thumbs Up 9