Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

A Non-Disclosure Agreement is also referred to as a "legal license to troll." The whole point of signing one is dropping crumbs and then refusing to clarify!

So that almost confirms it's a major character then.

Just that his scripts would be tailored to his own vocal work, he'd only have his scripts which he was involved in... so why would a minor character have scenes with Eggman unless it was a character important to the plot?

So that almost confirms it's a major character then.

Just that his scripts would be tailored to his own vocal work, he'd only have his scripts which he was involved in... so why would a minor character have scenes with Eggman unless it was a character important to the plot?

So by that logic Burnbot is a major character?

Though I understand that Nerima was on a poster with the main 4, so it's a different story. Also Mike recognised her from the script so she must have been in a lot of scenes.

I'm serious, man-crush is growing.  lol

No, but really, I'm loving Pollock's trolling nature. He's definitely the Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 9

So by that logic Burnbot is a major character?

Tomy is making a rather large and detailed action figure based on him... so yeah I'd say he's going to play a significant role in some way.

Minions are pretty important, anyway. While, alone, they're all kinda easy to look over, united, they represent the antagonist's entire force, which usually plays the obstacle the heroes have to face.

• Thumbs Up 1

I get the feeling Burnbot is going to be a running joke. He's going to have modular parts that can be switched out, therefore, every time Sonic beats it, Eggman will just repair it and stick a new, non-incendiary weapon on it and send it back after the blue guy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Burnbot also comes off as somewhat iconic because, from what we've seen of Boom, he's the first robot to be faced. Ergo, he's sort of like the wrecking ball from Green Hill, which is also iconic despite being, well... rather bland by Eggman standards.

As for this not-Marine person, I can't remember a cartoon that didn't introduce associates of Sonic and/or Eggman, so this would be par the course. Adventures had Scratch and Grounder, SatAM had Sally, Underground had Manic, Sonia, Sleet and Dingo, X had Chris...

Whatever the case, I just hope the writing team make sure this character isn't obnoxious, as that's the reputation originals for the cartoons tend to garner.

Oh, by the way, somehow most of us missed it, but saw it pointed out over in comments, in the poster angle Not!Marine, does have a tail

• Thumbs Up 1

Does Burnbot getting a toy really mean much?  The Spinners from Sonic Adventure have toys.

• Thumbs Up 2

Does Burnbot getting a toy really mean much?  The Spinners from Sonic Adventure have toys.

The Spinners only have figures because they're accessories which come with another figure. Jazwares does this a lot with their 'new'  toys, theres a bit of a long running joke with Jazwares, they release the exactly same figure... but... in the worlds of Mr Smithers.

"She has a new hat!" 

For some reason, toy companies don't usually make badniks or villains unless they're somehow iconic or long running. It wasn't until the 20th anniversary that we actually got a badnik figure, and it was an accessory with another figure. 

Metal Sonic was the first/only badnik/robot figure to be packaged alone.

In fact I don't think there has ever been a stand alone badnik or villain figure other than metal Sonic. Even the Eggrobos came in an Eggman pack, and Eggman has never been a stand alone either.

The fact Burnbot is suggests he's going to be a big deal.

• Thumbs Up 2

The Spinners only have figures because they're accessories which come with another figure. Jazwares does this a lot with their 'new'  toys, theres a bit of a long running joke with Jazwares, they release the exactly same figure... but... in the worlds of Mr Smithers.

"She has a new hat!" 

For some reason, toy companies don't usually make badniks or villains unless they're somehow iconic or long running. It wasn't until the 20th anniversary that we actually got a badnik figure, and it was an accessory with another figure. 

Metal Sonic was the first/only badnik/robot figure to be packaged alone.

In fact I don't think there has ever been a stand alone badnik or villain figure other than metal Sonic. Even the Eggrobos came in an Eggman pack, and Eggman has never been a stand alone either.

The fact Burnbot is suggests he's going to be a big deal.

Maybe he's the new Omega and is rebuilt and reprogrammed by Tails smile.png  

I don't think it means much. I'm sure Burnbot will be semi-important to at least one story. I'm sure they'd want bad guy toys for Sonic and co to fight.

Unimportant characters can get figures. Heck, in Star Wars a background character got a figure:

LC53willrowhood1.jpg

All he did was run in the background.

*Sings*

We all danced in fire

Deciding if it's Marine!

Don't know how long we've speculated.

As the Eggman watches photo.jpg

photo-6876.jpg?_r=1393484799

F - 0 0 7

you didn't know

now he's gonna show you

• Thumbs Up 7

I wonder if both Mike Pollock AND Stephen Frost are enjoying this?

I could imagine Mr. Frost is watching from afar drinking his coffee while the Eggman himself tortures us.

Stephen always enjoys it. He's teased us a couple of times in this thread already, he still hasn't explained what that thing was on the screen at BRB HQ. :P

I need to get a job at SEGA so I can troll you guys but stay within the forum rules. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

It's like this is the most trolling fun they've had since Generations and Iizuka answering what happened to the moon!

Wow, Mike Pollock replied my comment on that new video news

He told us to not assume, so there's hope for Marine yet...

Wow, Mike Pollock replied my comment on that new video news

I'm pretty sure it's the other way around, there's a chance that might not be Marine.

I hope I'm right, don't want to lose to Discoid.......

Think you'll find it's the other way around there.

People were assuming it was her, then Mike posts the Odd Couple.

Think you'll find it's the other way around there.

People were assuming it was her, then Mike posts the Odd Couple.

Urgh. You mentioned this a couple of times and I think it's time to me to respond to this.

Just because Mike posted the odd couple video doesn't mean it's not Marine. He is not suppose to hint, imply or say in any way that it is Marine or not. It's possible that he posted that to throw you off. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Urgh. You mentioned this a couple of times and I think it's time to me to respond to this.

Just because Mike posted the odd couple video doesn't mean it's not Marine. He is not suppose to hint, imply or say in any way that it is Marine or not. It's possible that he posted that to throw you off. 

This, and to mess with us, we know his two favorite things are to A) interact with fans B) Troll us