Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

The entire point of her new design was to streamline her into being more action-oriented.  While Knuckles is the slow powerhouse, she's the acrobatic agile fighter.  Speed, smarts and strength are skills, being the "token girl character" is not.  Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine, especially in cases where the developers have actually talked about how they've made choices to steer away from female characters just being "the girl".

Didn't BRB explicitly say that they wanted her new design to represent her agility and gracefulness, and not just be "the girl"?

Didn't BRB explicitly say that they wanted her new design to represent her agility and gracefulness, and not just be "the girl"?

...Yeah I said that in the very post you quoted lol.

So you did. Reading comprehension? Never heard of it.

Anyway, how does that equate to just being "the girl"?

Well, going back to the Star Wars topic... I just noticed something.

LEGO Star Wars is made by TT Games, which has a license on all LEGO games.

TT Games is a subsidiary of Warner Bros. Interactive.

And Warner Bros. Interactive is showcasing at E3. No details on WHAT is being showcased, though.

It's speculative, yes... but a LEGO Sonic game being worked on would explain those images right away. As for how they'd get leaked, it's only a month before E3... whoever gave it to the Youtuber didn't think it could really leak in that time, I'd imagine.

For reference, TT's subsidiary Traveler's Tales also has worked quite extensively with SEGA (they developed Sonic R and Sonic 3D) in the past, as well as on platformers like Crash. Based on their history, they'd fit the trend Sanzaru and BRB have on the "Boom Team," I think.

They also release several games each year in the LEGO brand.

Not a guarantee, and I'm not saying LEGO Sonic is a thing, but it would explain why Sonic and Star Wars would be on the same poster, if said poster was being shown at the Warner Bros. booth.

Wait, you mean...

...Sonic Legos? As in Legos with spines?! As if stepping on a Lego bare-footed wasn't bad enough already.

• Thumbs Up 6

That's really, really grasping at straws. At this stage you're much better off just holding off on the rampant, baseless guesswork until all our questions regarding this matter are answered in a few weeks time.

I'm sure I've said this before too, but SEGA's history with TT stopped in 2006 with Monkey Ball Adventure, and prior to that was only S3D and SR in 96/97. They don't have any ties any more.

• Thumbs Up 1

What I'm saying Hogfather, is that I've yet to see a really credible, rational, sufficient reason to say it looks "nothing like Marine" from you.

In other words... "I think it's Marine, so I'm just going to label everything you say as being irrational because I don't actually want to address or deal with your points."

Pray tell, what exactly is irrational, not credible about anything I or anyone else who doesn't think it's her has said?

In fact tell me how its any less rational or credible than the people who assume it is her based on the fact it's an orange raccoon?

• Thumbs Up 1

At this stage you're much better off just holding off on the rampant, baseless guesswork until all our questions regarding this matter are answered in a few weeks time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iSYAV2lp5c

I'm sure I've said this before too, but SEGA's history with TT stopped in 2006 with Monkey Ball Adventure, and prior to that was only S3D and SR in 96/97. They don't have any ties any more.

Implying you can't restart a relationship or form a new one.

BRB and Sanzaru have pretty much zero ties with SEGA but were brought on board for this.

I never said it was a guarantee, just that it would make sense.

Wait, you mean...

...Sonic Legos? As in Legos with spines?! As if stepping on a Lego bare-footed wasn't bad enough already.

I support LEGO Sonic just for this alone.

Well, going back to the Star Wars topic... I just noticed something.

LEGO Star Wars is made by TT Games, which has a license on all LEGO games.

TT Games is a subsidiary of Warner Bros. Interactive.

And Warner Bros. Interactive is showcasing at E3. No details on WHAT is being showcased, though.

It's speculative, yes... but a LEGO Sonic game being worked on would explain those images right away. As for how they'd get leaked, it's only a month before E3... whoever gave it to the Youtuber didn't think it could really leak in that time, I'd imagine.

For reference, TT's subsidiary Traveler's Tales also has worked quite extensively with SEGA (they developed Sonic R and Sonic 3D) in the past, as well as on platformers like Crash. Based on their history, they'd fit the trend Sanzaru and BRB have on the "Boom Team," I think.

They also release several games each year in the LEGO brand.

Not a guarantee, and I'm not saying LEGO Sonic is a thing, but it would explain why Sonic and Star Wars would be on the same poster, if said poster was being shown at the Warner Bros. booth.

This is gasping at straws heavily. First, I don't understand how everything related to Star Wars games has to be LEGO, nor that there is even a crossover (it could be nothing but an E3 promotional poster for all we know, with no other meaning). Second, and most important, Sonic is a much, MUCH smaller property than TT's LEGO games are always about. Star Wars, DC, Marvel, LotR etc are HUGE properties, not just in terms of the amount of characters (which these games need a lot of in order to work), but in terms of popularity. Sonic's public awareness is nothing compared to them.

If there was a LEGO Sonic game, it would not only have a ridiculously small roster of characters compared to their previous installments, it would also be filling a very niche market... and I see no reason TT would do that rather than another big-money property. I can't see this happening in any form.

• Thumbs Up 1

There isn't a Lego game coming.

They would NEVER do this. Announcing a Lego Sonic boom game would totally distract from the main Sonic Boom focus and damage the attempt to launch this as a single strong brand which isn't what Sega wants or should do.

• Thumbs Up 2

Implying you can't restart a relationship or form a new one.BRB and Sanzaru have pretty much zero ties with SEGA but were brought on board for this.

Don't be silly. I'm explaining why your reasoning doesn't work. Whatever background SEGA and TT have is well and truly irrelevant now. All of your speculation about a LEGO Sonic is unfounded.

Besides, you would need to introduce the Legos before you introduce the game based off of them, right?

Besides, you would need to introduce the Legos before you introduce the game based off of them, right?

Actually, that's a point, though not in the way you expect, would it not also bring a bit of a conflict with those Sonic lego brick things made by Paladone?

Actually, that's a point, though not in the way you expect, would it not also bring a bit of a conflict with those Sonic lego brick things made by Paladone?

Eh...

PP2290SN_Sonic-Pixel-Bricks_Lifestyle-46

1271356180m_SPLASH.jpg

Not quite. It'd be a different style and demographic.

I was only trying to find an explanation as to why Sonic and Star Wars would be on the same poster. In the unlikely scenario of a LEGO Sonic game, well, there you go, it all falls together.

I never once said this was going to happen for sure. Just that if it did, it would explain everything.

But it's not just Lego, it's Lego Star Wars specifically. Unless you're thinking Lego Sonic is going to make it's debut pitted against Lego Star Wars (which in itself also makes no sense), it has no foundation. 

It's easily either:

1 ) boy wanted his relative, parent or friend who works at Sega to make him a poster featuring Star Wars stuff and Sonic or something

or

2 ) One of many signs used on a big collage image used for showcases at E3 or a toy show

If it's anything related to a Lego / Sonic or Sonic / Star Wars crossover then I'll be completely surprised. Although, if they did something that ridiculous or cash-in-ish in such a hasty fashion, I actually wouldn't be surprised at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why do the games have to be against each other, though?

People don't arbitrarily decide "I'm only buying one Sonic game" or "only one LEGO game." For those without a lot of money, yes, they would be more inclined to think that way... but most gamers aren't exactly limited in how much they can buy. Otherwise they wouldn't be gamers.

The way I see it is, it's SEGA and Warner Bros. each having two games instead of one. If companies were fixated on only showing off one game each year, we wouldn't have super brands like Nintendo and Sony.

I was only trying to find an explanation as to why Sonic and Star Wars would be on the same poster. In the unlikely scenario of a LEGO Sonic game, well, there you go, it all falls together.

I never once said this was going to happen for sure. Just that if it did, it would explain everything.

Here's my attempt at finding an explanation.

In 2056, aliens kidnap a kid who is a fan of these franchises and bring him to the 1970's to serve as a mental computer to the roots of the first AI since he's got mutant brain abilities. He managed to bring a relic of his time, an USB Pen where he had saved these images he made using ancient renders on Windows 40.

Current day, the AI known as Google sees the beginning of the franchises he so loves and longs for his USB Pen, but upon demanding it inadvertently buys Twitch by accident, getting distracted, which lets a scientist take the pen by accident thinking it's his.

This scientist then gives it to his kid when he sees "oh it's just Sonics or whatever", and the kid happily prints the images.

Mike Pollock is the head of this conspiracy, hence when he said he might know who was responsible he meant the assassins were on their way.

• Thumbs Up 2

damage the attempt to launch this as a single strong brand which isn't what Sega wants or should do.

A single brand that's already confirmed to have dozens of partnerships involved with it and is split into a game and a cartoon.

Throwing a LEGO game on top of it doesn't really hurt it from what I can see. Especially since that means inevitable Sonic Boom LEGO sets... which means more money.

I'm just not really seeing how this hurts a single brand when said brand already has split itself into two branches. LEGO Boom would just be a third installment in the universe.

It would also let them cash in on the multiplatform market, something that Boom prime doesn't allow them to do.

I could see a Sonic Boom LEGO line happening, but not a game. Even if it's only a minifigure series.

I could see a Sonic Boom LEGO line happening, but not a game. Even if it's only a minifigure series.

A toy line would make plenty of sense if they're really rolling with this huge marketing push as planned.

A game? Yes, unlikely. But I can dream!

In other words... "I think it's Marine, so I'm just going to label everything you say as being irrational because I don't actually want to address or deal with your points."

Incorrect.

The truth is...

In actuality, I don't absolutely think it's Marine, nor do I absolutely think it's not Marine. I'm open to both options.

There, glad we got that mis-conceivence settled.

However you seem rather dead-set that this absolutely must not be Marine because you claim it looks "nothing like Marine".

To say there's no similarities in their appearances whatsoever seems rather far-fetched.

I don't think it's Marine. For the main reason, SEGA have never brought back one time characters in the mainline franchises. Chip, Professor Pickle, Marine (though the later 2 are in Archie, but Archie also uses the freedom fighters so...). Marine wasn't even referenced in the Generations trophy room, while Chip and (I think?) Professor Pickle were.

That's what leads me to believe that this is a new character. It may certainly be based off Marine, but I don't think it is her.

• Thumbs Up 1

Like said, the exact same could've been said for the return / reinvention of the Chaotix by the time Heroes came out.

• Thumbs Up 1