Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

Not sure if this has been posted here before but "Tails'Channel" made a video titled "The Case of Jay Stroud" and Jay commented on it claiming that his Dad's friend made the poster.

This isn't the Twilight zone Jez, don't mention those....things...

But anyway, I don't think that is Marine. The hair style is really difficult, if it was a redesign they would probably keep the overall shape of the character similar. Eggman is kind of stretching it, but all they seem to have done with him is flip the shape of his body upside down and give him a new jacket. If this were indeed Marine, I think they would have kept her head more or less the same as her SEGA!Sonic counterpart.

I don't see that head shape as a problem for it being Marine. The biggest problem for me is the tail.

"I think they would've" means nothing.  We don't know what they would've because we're not them.  I'm pretty sure this time last year people would say "I think they would've kept Knuckles consistent in size with the other characters" or "I think they would've kept Sonic's arms blue".

I still feel Marine, being a minor, less universally beloved, character, makes her prime target for more drastic redesigns and/or re-purposing for the new story.

Uh-huh.

Not sure if this has been posted here before but "Tails'Channel" made a video titled "The Case of Jay Stroud" and Jay commented on it claiming that his Dad's friend made the poster.

Welp, that's it SSMB, case solved. Time to close up shop, nice of you all to come here and pitch in, thanks for the help yada yada yada...

So it's fake? Or does his dad's friend work on Boom in some way?

• Thumbs Up 1

On characters looking nothing like the original, remember that Rouge looks only superficialy like a bat, specialy in the facial region

On characters looking nothing like the original, remember that Rouge looks only superficialy like a bat, specialy in the facial region

Let's be honest here. Sonic doesn't look like a hedgehog. He looks like a mutant thing with spiky blue hair.

Y'know, I would so love it if she really is a bandicoot!

She has the most emblematic elements of a bat- the wings and the ears.

!Marine doesn't have any emblematic element of a raccoon. More and more I'm convinced they decided to be cheeky and make a bandicoot :V

She has the most emblematic elements of a bat- the wings and the ears.

!Marine doesn't have any emblematic element of a raccoon. More and more I'm convinced they decided to be cheeky and make a bandicoot :V

could be a tiger, Frostman did work on the Ty series 

could be red panda for all we know :P

Welp, that's it SSMB, case solved. Time to close up shop, nice of you all to come here and pitch in, thanks for the help yada yada yada...

So it's fake? Or does his dad's friend work on Boom in some way?

Presumably the latter. Mike did say he had a good idea who was responsible, which I assume means there's not that many people who'd have access to the work.

Mike may be a master of leaving us guessing, but a remark like that makes me think the leak is in fact genuine. Or he could have been trolling, that's likely too.

I still think the model looks fairly good. Maybe the person who made the poster works as a freelance graphic designer and has been hired by Disney, SEGA, Warner Bros. etc. and mixed Star Wars and Sonic together for the kid's sake?

Mike, please, stop. 

He must be enjoying every second of this.

This is why we love him.

• Thumbs Up 1

What even is this? "If you just remove the similarities, they're obviously not the same"? A nonsense argument.

Because the colors are the only similarity. Everything else shows that it isn't Marine. Nothing else about her looks like Marine.

It was raised they might be there to discuss the cartoon. But Stephen Frost isn't involved with the cartoon, is he?

It sounds like it's game news... but that'd go against their E3 idea.

Unless they're doing a second large press event, this time for European journalists?

It was raised they might be there to discuss the cartoon. But Stephen Frost isn't involved with the cartoon, is he?It sounds like it's game news... but that'd go against their E3 idea.Unless they're doing a second large press event, this time for European journalists?

I think that I read that Aaron said he would be there for 2 days. Maybe thwy are given some European press a first look with an NDA attached to it

Because the colors are the only similarity. Everything else shows that it isn't Marine. Nothing else about her looks like Marine.

She wields a boomerang and has a boomerang shaped head.  It's not a stretch to put that, and the fact that her colour scheme is identical to an existing Australian stereotype character, together, and come up with a theory that it might be Marine.

Last I checked, Marine's head was not shaped like a boomerang, nor did she ever wield one.

Last I checked, Marine's head was not shaped like a boomerang, nor did she ever wield one.

however she was very much the embodiment of Australian stereotype, and this character is even more so, its like they fused Marine with TY

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, her pigtails looked like boomerangs.

• Thumbs Up 2

So, in a way, both have boomerang hair. Interesting.