Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

Another thought for the "might be Marine" thing. BRB wanted to a lot of crazy things with Sonic, as they said. Even stating that Eggman looked like a completely different design. Now that doesn't hold too much context for WHAT they wanted to do, but it was apparently enough to make Iizuka (of all people) cringe and look confused.

Marine is a character they care less about and would likely have more creative freedom for BRB. So... yeah, you could really alter her design a bit.

Also, it's fairly common in media for females to have different aesthetics compared to males. Hell, Sally doesn't have a squirrel tail, much closer to a doe tail.

I'm not saying it is, but heck, I can see it. If it's not her, whatevs.

But meh, at this point, I guess it's either you think it is, think it isn't, on the fence, or just don't care.

• Thumbs Up 4

Welp, he's all your's, England.

Well, I'm at Sega of Europe right now... but where will I be going next? 

Nandos!?

• Thumbs Up 3

Wasn't MomoCon going to be attended by SEGA as well? That's also the 23rd to 25th.

Ouch, that schedule must be tightly packed.

Yeah, TSSZ does nothing to change my opinion on the possibility of it being Marine lol.

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm going to be really, really disappointed if there are any major new protagonists in this games, especially of they're playable. Boom is a different take in the existing series and it's focusing on a bunch of the characters that I love and have wanted to see more of for a while. A new major character just yet would very likely diminish gay that focus. But she's on that poster, I can only assume that she is a major character. I wouldn't mind if new characters were introduced later on of course. It's just that seeing Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy take centre stage together has been at the top of my list of wants for a long time.

This is all aside from the TSSZ article, which I won't give a second thought. It could be legit (for all it matters they were right about a Sonic reboot and redesign in 2014) but track record tells me just not to give a shit.

In other news, autocorrect is a bitch.

• Thumbs Up 2

RUMOUR

TSSZ

You should know by now that if you see these two keywords together in an article, you shouldn't pay a single shred of heed.

• Thumbs Up 1

A new major character just yet would very likely diminish gay focus.

I'm sorry, what

Run that by me again? tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 8

Just to play devil's advocate for a minute here (the following post not necessarily representative of my personal opinions) - most people seem to want this new raccoon character to be Marine for the sake of the main cast getting top billing and not be overshadowed by someone else, but... does it really matter whether it's Marine or not? Obviously I know it's more "relevant" if it's her than a completely original primary protagonist, but if they're adding in a fifth member to the main crew that will steal some of the spotlight... why Marine, of all people? A supporting character who showed up in one handheld game? If you're going to add in another Sonic character, at least make it a renowned and recognisable one. You can't possibly tell me that they were throwing ideas around for Boom and they had to scrape the barrel for Marine rather than introduce the likes of the far more popular Blaze or Rouge in a similar 'heroine' role?

I mean, for all intents and purposes she's basically equivalent to a completely new character, and if it is her, by the looks of things they're wiping her slate clean with the redesign and making her more action and boomerang focused. So, potential annoying Aussie stereotyping aside, she'll probably be nothing like her original persona anyway. Of course, I'm happy to be proven wrong and for her to be Marine and be a completely awesome character. But I really don't see what difference it ultimately makes aside from "hey look they're referencing pre-existing Sonic cast members".

Having a fifth character there will take away some of the focus from the Sonic/Tails/Knuckles/Amy group whatever the case, Marine or not. I guess it just seems like a more tolerable concept when it's a character you're already sort of familiar with rather than something completely new - better the devil you know, etc... and to be fair, who can blame us, after the Chris Thorndyke fiasco :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

Marine or not, a fifth member of the party just doesn't sit right with me. If it was Shadow, Blaze, Silver or any other existing main character I'd be miffed, but not really bothered on the whole. A new character or minor character getting promoted to a leading role here is specifically what I don't like.

• Thumbs Up 3

As an avid Marine arguer, I should say I don't "want" it to be Marine.  I just believe it IS Marine.  If it IS a brand new character I'm not gonna be like "why didn't they use Marine!?" I'll just be like "wow weird it really looks like Marine, if they look the same through pure coincidence that is just bizarre".

Even if it is a new character, all it'd take is for them to say "this design was actually inspired by the character from Sonic Rush Adventure, Marine" in an interview or something for me to feel "I was right" with regards to what I've been arguing.

• Thumbs Up 4

RUMOUR: Not Marine is a new character, Shadow to appear.

http://www.tssznews.com/2014/05/20/source-mystery-sonic-boom-character-not-marine-shadow-to-return/

Since this is TSSZ, I'd be very cautious. They have been wrong in the past.

A lot of us presume it's not Marine, even if we want her to.

A lot of us presume Shadow is gonna take part to the Boom universe.

...I suppose WE are the TSSZ's super secret source, aren't we?

• Thumbs Up 1

A lot of us presume it's not Marine, even if we want her to.

A lot of us presume Shadow is gonna take part to the Boom universe.

...I suppose WE are the TSSZ's super secret source, aren't we?

Maybe their source is Scott Devine-*bricked*

Though I wouldn't be surprised if Shadow did appear, but I hope that he would kind of be against everyone, so he's really got no affiliation with any side except his own.

TSSZ has many claims to shame, but it's not like they've been wrong 100% of the time, let's not forget that. This rumour in particular though isn't all that meaningful one way or another. Even if that character is not Marine and if Shadow does appear in Boom, would anyone be surprised? They're both guesses that many people have made. TSSZ's source could be a hoax, but we won't ever know unless it's definitely proved to be incorrect.

I'd like to imagine that this not-Marine character is a local from whatever place Sonic and co. are exploring in. She could probably bump into the gang by chance, whether in a town or out in the wilderness. The big bad probably made a ruckus in the town or is terrorizing the area around the town, you know with the killer robots running around everywhere. She doesn't recognize Sonic and the gang and offers to be a guide to traverse whatever area they're in. She'll probably have another motive of joining them in that she wants to take down whoever is responsible for terrorizing the land with giant mechanical worms and such with her boomerang. 

She does appear with the four on that poster, but that doesn't mean she's playable. She could be an assist or a guest character, you never know.

• Thumbs Up 1

Even if it is a new character, all it'd take is for them to say "this design was actually inspired by the character from Sonic Rush Adventure, Marine" in an interview or something for me to feel "I was right" with regards to what I've been arguing.

Oh, they must say it, they would look just ridiculous if they don't before the year ends. It's undeniable.

Okay so hold up. Thought just crossed my mind. If this 'Marine' has been in this new world for so long, and the four are just arriving...

...are we gonna get a Sonic 3 story element with the land's native booby trapping and tossing them off course? Seeing as they've been informed/discovered the fact of 'Intruders?'

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay so hold up. Thought just crossed my mind. If this 'Marine' has been in this new world for so long, and the four are just arriving...

...are we gonna get a Sonic 3 story element with the land's native booby trapping and tossing them off course? Seeing as they've been informed/discovered the fact of 'Intruders?'

Knuckles was hidden in the box art of Sonic 3 unlike "Marine"who is along side them in tbe screen so I doubt she will do what knuckles did