Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

But for all I know, she acts completely different in SEGA. But who knows how she'd act if this is her Boom design?

She has the same personality in the games and Archie, honestly. Considers herself captain and thus the leader, the accent, etc. I'm not sure if the comics have demonstrated that weird water(??) power she apparently had out of nowhere in SRA, though. Speaking of which, if this character is based on (or is, or whatever) Marine, I wonder if that'll be one of her abilities.

Well it would make sense for a character named Marine.

Do we even have any confirmation on what that...thing she did even was?

You know, it's funny some people are suggesting badger. We have people saying it's probably not a raccoon due to it's tail, but the character's tail doesn't resemble a badger's either.

Well echidnas don't have a long, jaggy tail like Knuckles so... XP

But yeah, kinda weird that she doesn't have a trademark ring tail. Everything about her screams raccoon except for the tail.

The Word is spelled N.O. from whoever says so.

Its just random energy blast that come from her glowy hand(s)...nothing really out of the ordinary for an australian accented raccoon child.

Marine supposedly has some kind of bubble/water power. she distracted the bosses with it in Sonic Rush Adventure.

Cream and Cheese in Boom? YAY! :D

Not quite

It'll be Coffee and Toast, their new version of Cream of Cheese!

• Thumbs Up 4

I thought of the Sugar Glider when I saw that new poster, thinking that the hair would act in place of the normal skin flaps. Then again, raccoons have a lot of extra skin that could need tying in place as well, so it doesn't seem any more likely to be that. Either way, there's a distinctive tail involved... which she doesn't have. I can't think of anything that matches her face and her tail.

All these tantilising hints!

I'll wake up tomorrow [well, get on here] and here on this site will be official confirmation of one of the following:

-Cream and Cheese for Sonic Boom

-Chao Garden in the 3DS version with Cream as a guide

-Summer of Sonic and Sonic Boom will be related to Cream and Cheese

-This is all a trick to get us grabbing crumbs, and then reveal an event for next week.

A chao garden reveal would make me so so happy right about now.

• Thumbs Up 1

You are correct about that. We did think about it a couple of times, but just ended up feeling that it wouldn't feel right or be appropriate for these particular games.

I'd probably be kicking them anyway due to the time that they made me waste for that....underwhelming unlockable level in SA2.

I am a bad person :c

• Thumbs Up 5

Ah. Must have missed that interview then.

Still, the list I presented wasn't meant to be taken seriously despite its serious tone.

Should have used more wacky ideas.

You are correct about that. We did think about it a couple of times, but just ended up feeling that it wouldn't feel right or be appropriate for these particular games.

Aw, man. The chao garden was a great way to add replay-ability to SA1/2. I will never forget my hero chao, Angle.

Angel is a hard word to spell, okay?

• Thumbs Up 1

Think about the back strain the new Sonic and Knuckles designs would get trying to pet them though.

• Thumbs Up 9

I'm not fussed about the lack of Chao Garden. I guess I can see why people like it, but I never had much interest in them, and I hated how they were required for 100 percent completion. If they were optional, I wouldn't mind (as in, no rewards for doing stuff in the garden except maybe new stuff for the garden). Now that I know for a fact there is no Chao Garden, I know I can just focus on what I consider to be the real gameplay.

I think those of us who want the Chao Garden back want it to be optional.

The amount of game ideas I've wrote where the Garden is optional [even in an idea where the Chao are vital to the plot the Garden still remains optional] is telling of how I want it to be implemented.

I think those of us who want the Chao Garden back want it to be optional.

The amount of game ideas I've wrote where the Garden is optional [even in an idea where the Chao are vital to the plot the Garden still remains optional] is telling of how I want it to be implemented.

It's always been optional, you had to seek out the keys. It would be terrible if you were forced to play with your Chaos to progress through the main game.

I think in SA2 you had to do some chao stuff for emblems to get GHZ, but even that was pretty unacceptable.