Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

There's probably around an hour of cutscenes in the game at minimum. This will allow for (theoretically) more of a story than 11-minute episodes that are unrelated could have.

So I wouldn't be surprised if they do play with some darker themes.

I guess it really will come down to whether SEGA and Big Red Button are feeling more Crash or Jak with the design.

I guess it really will come down to whether SEGA and Big Red Button are feeling more Crash or Jak with the design.

Well I gotta say...as much as I prefer the more serious tone of the adventure games, hearing Eggman say "Like a birthday party except...the exact opposite" would be pretty great.

Considering where these people came from, I wonder if we can expect any more "adult" jokes than we normally see in Sonic. Obviously, I don't think they'd go overboard, nor do I think anyone would want them to, but I think it'd be neat to see something like Cortex's "big bags of ice" joke or Daxter's "Jak beating things joke" coming out of a Sonic character's mouth, at least in the game.

Sonic: "Don't worry. Knux 'beats' things all the time. Eh, Knux?" Cue dope slap. That'd be particularly funny considering that line in Unknown From ME, "I get it on by myself."

• Thumbs Up 7

But he'd had to cut Cheese eventually.

*Was later shot for painfully bad fart joke*

• Thumbs Up 7

I am ridiculously excited for this game. So far I love everything about it. The in game models are a bit iffy, but it's still in development, so I'm sure they'll look better when the game is released. :DDD

• Thumbs Up 3

I am ridiculously excited for this game. So far I love everything about it. The in game models are a bit iffy, but it's still in development, so I'm sure they'll look better when the game is released. :DDD

So am I, very, very much. I've literally never been this excited for a a video game before, mainly because of the fact that we have people from Naughty Dog working on it. I have great trust in them to make this game great, and the trailer showed me everything I could want out of a Sonic game while also giving me a sort of Jak/Ratchet vibe. Makes me really glad I put out the money for a Wii U. 

• Thumbs Up 1

This is easily the best looking game on the Wii U so far (Lost World looks great too, but not for proving the power of the console). I'm really hyped.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is easily the best looking game on the Wii U so far (Lost World looks great too, but not for proving the power of the console). I'm really hyped.

Yes it is! Here's hoping for 60 frames per second. While Lost World's graphics may not be anything too special (though I still loved the visuals), I thought it looked super smooth, and I'd love it if Boom looked that smooth.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, I'm gonna guess it'll be at 30 fps. Not that I was ever really picky about that.

Still, I'm not sure if I'm excited for this or not. I'm interested, real interested -- that's my Adventure fanboy side peaking out -- hubs, a stronger story, a (promised) threatening Eggman, and multiple playable characters: it's easy to see why.

However, that doesn't mean much. Don't know to what extent, what the execution will be. Don't know how threatening Eggman is, or even how Monster of the Week will be handled.

I'm still waiting for more news, but it has me curious.

This whole Boom promotion peaks my interest.

After Sonic Lost World, I REALLY want 60fps. I do understand if they aren't able to do that since this game does have a lot of eye candy.

This is the first game on the Wii U to make use of the Cry Engine, and it's a specially adapted version at that. 60fps is really asking a lot I think.

Considering that one screenshot ran at 15fps and we tend to see Sonic games at 1/2 speed or higher while in development I'd say the goal is 30. I doubt they'd be running the game at a third of fourth of it's normal speed like that.

Regarding tone of game vs tone of cartoon discussion on previous page, my personal expectations is this will be like the tone of most "Popular Cartoon: The Movie" compared to the regular series of Popular Cartoon.  Flashier and more action packed with a bigger and more serious story than you'd ever get in a single episode of the TV show, but not completely losing the spirit of the latter or feeling entirely seperate.

Like, think The Simpsons Movie compared to an average episode of The Simpsons.

It's far to early too speculate on the frame rate since we've no idea how the levels will even be populated or how they're going to optimise the engine. /tech babble.

Lets not forget that unleashed was supposed to be a locked 30fps experience, then in parts on the PS3 it whacks all the way to 60.... for 3 seconds.

And the Wii U is more powerful than the 360 and PS3, right?

And the Wii U is more powerful than the 360 and PS3, right?

What area?

Not sure; I just remember someone telling me that the graphics and processing power of the Wii U is superior to the 360 and Ps3.

Not sure; I just remember someone telling me that the graphics and processing power of the Wii U is superior to the 360 and Ps3.

When its used properly, yes its more powerful generaly 

I believe on paper it is, but there is some sort of power bottleneck sonewhere (I think the GPU) that makes it only slightly more powerful if not te same as the PS360

From what I've heard, the GPU is fairly greater in power than the PS3's, but the CPU isn't much more advanced.

It doesn't help that we've had conflicting statements from various developers.