Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

So she's supposed to be a "lolrandumb" character?  AND she's got that voice?

http://youtu.be/cJVewWbeBiY

/sarcasmoverload

• Thumbs Up 1

I just wanna say, I dunno if it's actually new or not but that new Amy render is great.  Her big wide smile is so mischievous I love it.  Tails is as cute a cutie as ever too.

• Thumbs Up 2

*snip*

Sonic.... ... .. .. Why do you look so strange?

I can't put my finger on it, but... does Sonic look slightly odd to anyone else?

He is quite a bit different from the reveal picture.

0rfjngK.gif

His head spikes seem shorter, his back spikes are much taller, his ears are positioned differently, his face seems a bit different...

• Thumbs Up 1

As I said in the other topic I think her name, design and personality are cool (why does she look so similar to Marine though? D: ), but that voice...I hope I can get used to it and it doesn't become annoying. Since her voice sounds quite similar to Vanellope's from Wreck it Ralph, it might not be so bad since I used to think that voice was annoying but when I watched the movie it worked well and she sounded cute.

sticksthebadger2.jpg

I can't put my finger on it, but... does Sonic look slightly odd to anyone else?

Sonic has no texture or lighting whatsoever. But what bothers me most is Amy's creepy smile in the background. Ew.

• Thumbs Up 4

1284610759916.jpg

@ Sticks voice. Why?

Edit: Wow even the Boomerang has sports tape on it.

In case anyone wanted it, here's a list of voices Nika did, unfortunately I couldn't find an official source, but I did find a pdf of the names of videogames/tv shows/commercials she voiced/acted in, but not the roles.

http://www.nikafutterman.com/nikaresume.pdf

(this is from her official site btw)

I wasn't sure which source would be more reliable for her roles, so you can compare them to her actual resume.

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Nika-Futterman/

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0296546/

I know why. He doesn't have the communicator on hand.)) Or does he?

"Sticks" An interesting name. I like her design.

"A jungle badger who has spent most of her life living alone in the wilderness"......so just like Knuckles she was all alone.

14107378857_08314c9078.jpg

Nika Futterman?

MikeMazinsky2_7000.png

I knew there was a reason Sticks' voice sounded really familiar!

...She voiced who in Kid Icarus?! Wow. She has range.

• Thumbs Up 4

sticksthebadger2.jpg

Sonic's head kinda reminds me of Classic Sonic for some reason.

• Thumbs Up 3

I kinda liked the character's personality and that joke made me smile. It could be interesting to see what role she plays in the game, if she does play one. If the writing in characterization is similar, at all, in the games, then I feel it'd give a bit more life compared to what the recent games have done.

The voice, yes, is annoying, but it may be fitting of the character, who knows?

But Sticks? Don't really dig the name. Whatevs.

Nika Futterman?

MikeMazinsky2_7000.png

I knew there was a reason Sticks' voice sounded really familiar!

...She voiced who in Kid Icarus?! Wow. She has range.

Wow. Funny that she's using the almost the same voice for someone who's practically the complete opposite of Mike. Mike's voice wasn't annoying though, but the differences in personality, delivery and the content of the lines themselves will be sure to make sure that isn't the case for Sticks.

Having another look at Sonic... here is what I spot...

Shorter spikes.
Lack of textures.
Lighter tone of blue.
Lack of sports tape on his gloves.
Scarf is also at a different angle and colour.

Would like to see a few more renders of Sonic just to be sure, but I wonder if Sega have been paying attention to 'feedback?'

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't know about you guys, but I actually like her voice. Fits the whole "Gone crazy" angle they're going for.

Would like to see a few more renders of Sonic just to be sure, but I wonder if Sega have been paying attention to 'feedback?'

I think you may have something there, now that I see the changes. It's a shame for me though -- I liked the darker blue.

Having another look at Sonic... here is what I spot...

Shorter spikes.

Lack of textures.

Lighter tone of blue.

Lack of sports tape on his gloves.

Scarf is also at a different angle and colour.

Maybe it's just a rushed poster?

As do I LimeTH, as do I.

Sticks looks like an interesting character that can work in the universe, I can understand why people would not like her voice but it fits with her personality.

And good thing it's not just me that got a bit creeped out by Amy's wide grin.

I love her, like...Seriously everything but her name is perfect, she's a total cutie and her voice is so fitting I have nothing to say, she just seems like something ripped from a kids movie like Wreck-it Ralph.

• Thumbs Up 3

I...like her...but I also think she's a little annoying. I'm glad to see another girl on the team, but for me it feels like five's a crowd.

Someone on tumblr mentioned the possibility of her being the "LOL LOOK SHE'S MENTALLY CHALLENGED" trope and if that is the case I'm going to be very disappointed, as I thought this game/series was above that.

Though I do think she's interesting, I don't like how much they're making her seem all important because that's giving me a message that says "this is not a one-off" and I mean...I dunno, there are so many other great characters it just doesn't feel right.

I think she'll play a similar role as Marine did, an NPC that is part of the story and offers you places to save/helps you progress, but I still think Boom will focus on the main 4 more than Sticks.

• Thumbs Up 2

I...like her...but I also think she's a little annoying. I'm glad to see another girl on the team, but for me it feels like five's a crowd.

Someone on tumblr mentioned the possibility of her being the "LOL LOOK SHE'S MENTALLY CHALLENGED" trope and if that is the case I'm going to be very disappointed, as I thought this game/series was above that.

You really think these writers would think that would fly in 2014?

Give em some credit. :/

I really like the idea behind the character: paranoid jungle bumpkin. Her design is still cool and the idea alone makes her sound like a fun character. I even like her personality.

And Sticks is voiced by Nika Futterman, eh? That's cool! I like Mike (Mike, Lu and Og), Lola (Catdog) and Pandora (Kid Icarus: Uprising). This souldn't be so bad.

*Actually listens to it.*

Oh... It's her Chum Chum voice in Tarzan speak... Well! Hopefully she emotes her lines well and doesn't sound super excited at all times. I won't write it out, though. Depending on how well she voices it and how often she talks, It could definitely work. Her voice does make sense with the character, though I'm still iffy with it at the moment. Everything else is fine with me!