Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

I'm gonna be honest, I'm a little sad that no one posted this yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3ovxxnw2yA

Ah, much better!

So she's a badger? Well, atleast it's not another hedgehog/cat/whatever.

Do we know if she's going to be playable? To me it sounded like they were talking mainly about the show.

I could see her being an npc. I just don't see her being playable, she might, but I doubt it.

• Thumbs Up 4

So she's a badger? Well, atleast it's not another hedgehog/cat/whatever.

Do we know if she's going to be playable? To me it sounded like they were talking mainly about the show.

I could see her being an npc. I just don't see her being playable, she might, but I doubt it.

Honestly, from what they have been saying she is a major character, and a new member of the main gang. assumedly she meets the gang in the game since the prequel, and she might be NPC at first, but with how much they are pushing her for the show and the game, at the least she's and unlockable character, but its also possible she might have story levels as well

Fact is, they've never pushed a non-playable character that is friendly this much before, and If she is going to be a major character in the show, why wouldn't they have her playable in game, specialy since she is supposed to help connect to the younger audience more likely, why would they say hey kids wanna play as your favorite member of the gang? go get sonic boom. They have said she is part of the gang and a major part of both show and both games, so pretty sure it'll happen to some extent

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, I'm sure BRB are doing her justice as well as all characters. I'm just used to this franchise being very hit and miss with multiple play styles.

Fortunately, BRB's track record puts me at ease. Crash and Jak are tons of fun despite multiple playstyles.

Some folks say not too get so hyped about this game yet. Kind of hard not to when I compare the resumes of Sonic Team versus BRB. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, I'm sure BRB are doing her justice as well as all characters. I'm just used to this franchise being very hit and miss with multiple play styles.

Fortunately, BRB's track record puts me at ease. Crash and Jak are tons of fun despite multiple playstyles.

Some folks say not too get so hyped about this game yet. Kind of hard not to when I compare the resumes of Sonic Team versus BRB. tongue.png

It annoys me to no end when people say not to get hyped. If this were nearly any other game, no one would say any such thing (okay, some would, but not nearly as many as for Sonic, and there are skeptics everywhere). I understand that many people have been disappointed by previous Sonic games, but Sonic Team is not making this game. Big Red Button is, and yeah, considering their track record, I think I have every right to get hyped. Of course, I know some people don't play Crash Bandicoot or Jak and Daxter, but considering the high scores those games got, I think it's safe to say these people know how to make a game and they're clearly putting a lot of effort into making this game really fun and true to Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 6

I will get hyped when there is something to get hyped about but at this point all I know is its a 4 player game staring sonic.

When I even a minute of gameplay and think it looks good fine but as of now it seems as justified as getting hyped over a teaser picture with nothing but a gold ring.

I will get hyped when there is something to get hyped about but at this point all I know is its a 4 player game staring sonic.

When I even a minute of gameplay and think it looks good fine but as of now it seems as justified as getting hyped over a teaser picture with nothing but a gold ring.

Knowing that there's gonna be multiplayer gameplay, semi-open world, an epic story and Naughty Dog developers doesn't get you hyped? Hopefully E3 will give you something to get excited about with Sonic Boom.

Knowing that there's gonna be multiplayer gameplay, semi-open world, an epic story and Naughty Dog developers doesn't get you hyped? Hopefully E3 will give you something to get excited about with Sonic Boom.

I have no reason to believe the story will be epic or  that the world will be fun to explore or that the multiplayer will work well.

These are things that we hear from the developers, and I dont think they are about to tell us not to buy the game because this this and this are bad.

So no what the people who want me to buy the game say to make me buy it doesnt get me hype

PPFFTTTTT not really im hyped as shit but im just saying I could see where someone else would be coming from.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have no reason to believe the story will be epic or  that the world will be fun to explore or that the multiplayer will work well.

These are things that we hear from the developers, and I dont think they are about to tell us not to buy the game because this this and this are bad.

So no what the people who want me to buy the game say to make me buy it doesnt get me hype

PPFFTTTTT not really im hyped as shit but im just saying I could see where someone else would be coming from.

All righty then. Well, I'm just gonna go on being hyped. Like I said, I hope E3 gives you a reason to be excited.

It's easy to see where the skeptics come from, I get the Naughty Dog bros are on this and they have a good track record, but I'm still quite skeptic, particularly with Iizuka looking it over... Iizuka's... well, Iizuka wrote Shadow, that should say something.

I mean, I want this game to do well, and I hope it has a lot of people enjoying it (I probably won't get a chance to play it being broke as a joke and not owning a Wii U).

I still feel like, regardless of how great this game is, it's going to get, at best, 7s, because it's Sonic. I feel like reviewers will be, "Despite Big Red Button's best efforts, the Sonic cycle lives on. While not the worst Sonic game ever produced, this game..." blah blah blah.

But meh, we'll see.

As far as Sticks goes, I feel like she'll be this game's Chip or Tikal.

It's easy to see where the skeptics come from, I get the Naughty Dog bros are on this and they have a good track record, but I'm still quite skeptic, particularly with Iizuka looking it over... Iizuka's... well, Iizuka wrote Shadow, that should say something.

I mean, I want this game to do well, and I hope it has a lot of people enjoying it (I probably won't get a chance to play it being broke as a joke and not owning a Wii U).

I still feel like, regardless of how great this game is, it's going to get, at best, 7s, because it's Sonic. I feel like reviewers will be, "Despite Big Red Button's best efforts, the Sonic cycle lives on. While not the worst Sonic game ever produced, this game..." blah blah blah.

But meh, we'll see.

As far as Sticks goes, I feel like she'll be this game's Chip or Tikal.

She has a boomerang in her hand I still believe she will have a much larger roll that chip or tikal

The thing that bugs me about this whole "oh ex Naughty Dog members are developing a Sonic game this will be perfect" mentality is that these guys at Big Red Button as a collective still haven't done...well, anything yet. Not every person on the team is an ex Naughty Dog member either. Honestly I'm willing to bet most of them aren't.

They're basically throwing Sonic into the hands of some brand new developer. It can go either way. We could have a match made in heaven or it could be a complete disaster. Being skeptical and telling people not to get too hyped over the game isn't exactly unreasonable.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well at least we can probably measure Sanzaru' s pedigree in handling Sonic

Who's saying it's bound to be perfect?

She has a boomerang in her hand I still believe she will have a much larger roll that chip or tikal

Sure, but just having a weapon doesn't mean much. That could easily just be used in cutscenes, or not even really used at all and just acts as a design aesthetic.

Sure, but just having a weapon doesn't mean much. That could easily just be used in cutscenes, or not even really used at all and just acts as a design aesthetic.

I doubt that Sega or any other company for that matter would waste time. And Resources to announces a character and say she is in the main cast and not have her playable. Look at Nintendo with the addition of Rosalina in 3D world. Look I 'll eat my socks and post it on her if she is not playable

The thing that bugs me about this whole "oh ex Naughty Dog members are developing a Sonic game this will be perfect" mentality is that these guys at Big Red Button as a collective still haven't done...well, anything yet. Not every person on the team is an ex Naughty Dog member either. Honestly I'm willing to bet most of them aren't.

They're basically throwing Sonic into the hands of some brand new developer. It can go either way. We could have a match made in heaven or it could be a complete disaster. Being skeptical and telling people not to get too hyped over the game isn't exactly unreasonable.

They may not have done anything as a company yet, but they have had plenty of experience in video game development. It's not really like they're brand new. And, yes, you're right about Naughty Dog not making up the whole team. 

It seems we've also got people from Heavy Iron and Luxoflux, both of whom seem to be responsible for a lot of Licensed games (which I guess makes sense since the Sonic Boom game is pretty much a licensed game itself). Their games appear to have gotten mixed to positive reviews, compared to Naughty Dog's almost entirely positive ones. Heavy Iron was responsible for games like SpongeBob Battle for Bikini Bottom while Luxo did Vigilante 8 and Kung Fu Panda, all three of which got positive reviews. 

Veterans from these three companies working together may not necessarily be instant win, but I personally still feel pretty good about them. Call me optimistic

I hope the 3DS version is a blast to play but considering how disappointed I was with Sanzaru's handling of Sly 4, I won't hype myself too much. As for Sticks, I don't mind her personality for now (thought her voice could be much worse) but I just hope she's as fun to play as the others. I'm also not confident with the humor presented in the trailers so it won't be just Sticks' dialogue bothering me, but we'll see what's in store at E3.

I'll still be jelly at the Wii U version as that'll most likely be better than the 3DS one (that and I has no Wii U).

They may not have done anything as a company yet, but they have had plenty of experience in video game development. It's not really like they're brand new. And, yes, you're right about Naughty Dog not making up the whole team. 

It seems we've also got people from Heavy Iron and Luxoflux, both of whom seem to be responsible for a lot of Licensed games (which I guess makes sense since the Sonic Boom game is pretty much a licensed game itself). Their games appear to have gotten mixed to positive reviews, compared to Naughty Dog's almost entirely positive ones. Heavy Iron was responsible for games like SpongeBob Battle for Bikini Bottom while Luxo did Vigilante 8 and Kung Fu Panda, all three of which got positive reviews. 

Veterans from these three companies working together may not necessarily be instant win, but I personally still feel pretty good about them. Call me optimistic

On the other hand, Armature consists of devs from Retro Studios. Most notably, Mark Pacini the director of Metroid Prime, which was one of the most beloved games of gen 6. That same guy directed Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate, (Also the first original game from the studio) which wasn't received really well. Just knowing the team consists of some veteran developers doesn't mean much, to be honest.

• Thumbs Up 2

Look I 'll eat my socks and post it on her if she is not playable

I'll hold you to that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll post a picture (hand-drawn) of me eating sticks :)

lol, but as for Boom as a whole and sticks and where my "hype" stands, ehh. I will say that I am still hyped but... not as much. Sticks and this long dry stretch of no info has really dragged it down some. Sticks... Sticks.... 

First, the name. I know already, I know. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Fang, Mighty, etc. But they all had a certain ring to their names and a visual purpose and in-context purpose, I guess seeing as she is completely new, just a reveal, it's hard to judge this besides: "Oh she's primal" "Her boomerang is made from sticks" "She's been in the woods/lost all her life." But these all come off as empty. Sonic, this speedy cool blue "Sonic boom" performing guy. Tails, has two tails to fly. Knuckles, has spiked fist with super Super strength. Sticks, has a stick boomerang and has been in the woods. I don't know if you see what I mean, but Sticks is more describing her background. It's like they did it right, but wrong at the same time. Simple name, correct. Describes her background, incorrect. IMO at least.

Two, her.. purpose? Supposedly she's been by herself this whole time and becomes an essential part of the group... Well that's cool and all but I don't see her "purpose" when comparing to all the other characters. Boom's initial idea (iirc) was to bring this new life to all the existing things. To put them into this new world with more substance. Of course new world = new characters, but. Her compared to everyone else feels like she should have been saved for the second game/season of the show. Before we even got a chance to see how they bring this new life into our favorite Heroes we also get new out of the blue character with them. Plus not only is she going to be with the main crew but she's essential. That's not a bad thing, but it doesn't set well for me. I thought they were trying to show us how these characters would be transformed into something more purposeful while still remaining their selves.I mean I'm losing track of what I'm trying to say but, it's like they didn't give it enough time. I don't care about "OMG only the main 4!" or "No new characters!" I'm like new characters AND more characters in a story but she seems like something that MIGHT detract/distract from tuning the main cast. Not saying they're not ready but.. they're not ready, lol.

My overall opinion. Well I still like Boom and really, really, can't wait. I'm still super hyped for it and can't wait. I'll wait to see how Sticks turns out before I make a decision. 

Well, about her name, sure, it doesn't exactly fit in, but Sticks doesn't exactly have the sort of abilities that any of the characters you listed do (besides some decent skill with her boomerang), so they had to use something else to come up with a name.

As for her purpose, she wouldn't be part of Team Sonic (or be created at all) if there wasn't a good reason to do so.

I get the feeling Sticks might be like our "tour guide" in the game. She's been living in the jungle for a while, but I imagine she really knew her way around this new world before she went bonkers, and still does. 

I can also picture a scene where Sticks warns Team Sonic about the ancient evil we know is going to be in the game, but the heroes just write it off as more of her insane rambling before proceeding to accidentally unleash it on the world (or fail to stop Eggman from, possibly unknowingly, doing so in time). It would also be cool if some (or a lot) of Sticks's ramblings turn out to be foreshadowing of events to come later in the game. Maybe make Sticks a bit wiser than she appears.
  • Thumbs Up 4