Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

Why wouldn't it be a health meter? It's not like they give any shits about making this play like a Sonic game.

Are you hiding a crystal ball? "Cause Last I checked, none of us have seen more than 45 seconds of this game in action to be able to judge such.

And basically none of those 45 seconds looked like anything out of a Sonic game.

If people can cheer about how "awesome" it looks, I don't see why I can't notice that it doesn't play a damn thing like a Sonic game.

• Thumbs Up 2

As I said in the previous topic I can't wait to see Marine's new look in more detail. X3 With her returning, this means Blaze will surely turn up eventually as well.

45 seconds =/= the entirety of the game. tongue.png

No shit, but you'd think a trailer would actually show off what the game is, right?
  • Thumbs Up 1

And basically none of those 45 seconds looked like anything out of a Sonic game.

If people can cheer about how "awesome" it looks, I don't see why I can't notice that it doesn't play a damn thing like a Sonic game.

Have you considered maybe that's a good thing? Sonic Boom isn't trying to be a Sonic game, and honestly I think the series could do with some strange.

• Thumbs Up 1

As I said in the previous topic I can't wait to see Marine's new look in more detail. X3 With her returning, this means Blaze will surely turn up eventually as well.

If it is her, but hopefully it is, because if they brought her back, Nack someone they could use in a antagonist role would be a shoein!

I'm getting an Unleashed vibe from those designs, for some reason. Wouldn't be surprised if they were Hub (and maybe in-level?) NPCs.

A few leaked character designs. Includes enemies, and some new characters:

12356164795_cacf5843a0_o.png

The Dinosaur robot we see Amy fighting:

12356329643_b5f6857a4c_o.png

Gameplay screenshot including the HUD

12356604474_4b4931c006_o.png

Source

Wait, are those other Mobians/Anthro's I'm seeing!? 

Are we at last finally having Anthro NPC's in a Sonic game!? By the gods, this was so long overdo. I really liking what I'm seeing.

No shit, but you'd think a trailer would actually show off what the game is, right?

Oh it showed a good idea of what the game is. But not the nitty gritty. C'mon it is a teaser trailer of the first game in a completely different Sonic franchise after all.

Actual animal NPCs?

Took long enough.

They could've done this in the main games. I personally want to see a mix of both human and animal NPC's.

• Thumbs Up 2

o rly?

Sonic Mach Speed Zones

Sonic Heroes Action

Abilities such as climbing, digging, flying, spindashing, hammer use, homing attack, etc.

Platforming and Exploration

Beautiful "cartoon" environments

What constitutes "looking like a Sonic game" now a days anyways? This game is focusing on heavy platforming, character abilities, and exploration similar to Sonic Adventure. I'd take that any day over holding boost and having the game play itself.

• Thumbs Up 7

o rly?

Sonic Mach Speed Zones

Sonic Heroes Action

Abilities such as climbing, digging, flying, spindashing, hammer use, homing attack, etc.

Platforming and Exploration

What constitutes "looking like a Sonic game" now a days anyways? This game is focusing on heavy platforming, character abilities, and exploration similar to Sonic Adventure. I'd take that any day over holding boost and having the game play itself.

I really agree, I like the look of it. Its got all the basics of the series but its trying something a bit new. And, most importantly, its a spinoff. Its a nice alternate take on the series that could be an interesting alternate gameplay style but it won't affect the main games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah basically.

EDIT:

And you just ticked me off.

Eggman needs to show you, "It's time for a chage of pace!

Edited by Light the Hedgehog

Who even cares. It's a spin-off. They're allowed to do things as differently as they want so long it still integrates the same characters and universe it's based off of.

We've seen spin-offs take on entirely different genres and still be wildly successful and well loved.

ku-xlarge.gif

mhm yep that's totally metal gear

• Thumbs Up 7

Y'know I've been lurking a long time and I'd never ever thought I'd take Dio's side of all things..

...but I agree.

Studying game design, this game is pretty clearly not designed as a Sonic game top down..more like 3D platformer game with Sonic elements put on top later.

The fact it's been outsourced and it seems how different characters have diff abillities for diff obstacles and combat-focused. It seems like Sonic Chronicles 2 HD. Ironically, the take makes me interested.

I'm not gonna compare it to Sonic games as such. 

If it ranks as a good game on the platformer scale, I'm happy,

Personally, I'm really excited that Knuckles historically is playable in a way that he's like the rest.(Reaching the end of level)

Instead of hunting for those damn shards, I liked that gameplay initially then it felt stale..even within 2 games.

Playable characters is the main reason I'm happy here..after soooooo many years.

It feels like a TV/Movie game spinoff then a Sonic game honestly, maybe that was the direction that it was meant to be.

I'm gonna judge it on its merits with my beloved characters.

So is anyone worried this game won't sell well unless the show comes out first? I mean it does definitely look pretty cool and such and hearing that naughty dog is going be developing it is also a nice little tidbit of information but despite all this im still somewhat worried this won't sell well unless it gets more of an established presence first.

So is anyone worried this game won't sell well unless the show comes out first? I mean it does definitely look pretty cool and such and hearing that naughty dog is going be developing it is also a nice little tidbit of information but despite all this im still somewhat worried this won't sell well unless it gets more of an established presence first.

Considering the system it's on I don't think sales is something worth getting upset over.

If anything, just hope the 3DS version does well.

I'm going to get a Wii U later this year and I'll get this game as well. It looks more interesting than Sonic Colors (not that I LIKE the redesigns, mind you; granted the only ones I dislike are Knuckles and Eggman so far--we'll see if any other characters pop up and I'd be surprised if we don't see other returning characters).