Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

And that, gentlemen, is why Mr. Drummond refused to quit his union. Job security is kind of nice.

Pretty good replacement, though. Either his old voice was only used in the trailer and the main game will have someone different (as memory serves David Humphrey did a lot of Shadow lines for the game trailer before Griffith took over; maybe in this case they kept the original VA's lines for whatever reason).

I'm confident they made a good choice, though. Up until they decided to drop Knuckles' voice in pitch, Travis was a perfect copy of Dan Green. So we hopefully won't even notice.

It was cool seeing Mike Pollock and RGS (and the rest of the cast) doing their lines together, when normally they are kept apart when doing lines for the previous games.

Knuckles lines from the TV show voice recordings for those who can't see the video:

"Whoa, I sound like a fortune cookie! [*bites self?*]...but I don't taste like one"
"My delicious whipped cream filling will shoot out like toothpaste! ...I'm in!"

Feel free to take the second one completely out of context :P

Sounds like this is going to be a very wacky and silly show based on what we've seen from that video. Assuming what they were recording makes it into the final series, it also confirms an episode with an alternate dimension Knuckles.

Oh, and from the sounds of it, Amy sounds a bit better. But we only get to hear one line. Didn't quite sound as annoyingly Minnie Mouse-esque, anyway.

• Thumbs Up 4

I really do like everything I heard and saw in that video. And we get a little idea of how the characters will move in the game. Amy's got a running animation not dissimilar to her Heroes one.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't wait to see what context those lines are in. I hope Knuckles isn't that dumb, though, and there's a good reason he's saying all that stuff.

Overall this show looks to be hilarious and I'm looking forward to it. That the actors are all together is sure to make this an interesting series, and I hope they keep them together for future games as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

It took me awhile to comprehend that orbot and cubot made it to the boom universe Im glad

Same here.

I kinda suspected they'd show up though. They're too good a fit to not be in Boom.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting some very distinct Sky Sanctuary vibes from this concept art.

wvyewIx.png

Maybe it's just the ruined temple in the sky look, but...well, if they want to draw from Sonic lore... 

• Thumbs Up 1

I hate to say it, but it seems dumb!Knuckles is going to be the main representation of his character in general from now on.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow. gone some hours, then..BOOM! New stuff!

Oh, and do anyone that has gone through the whole Segabits interview w/ Stephen Frost, can they submit a summary of the new details, please? :)

Uh it's a bit soon to say that Knux is going to be the dumb one again, unless we see what those lines mean in context. I bloody hope they're not going in the dumb direction anyway! >=/

And I have to say again, ZOMG dat concept art! It's just gorgeous I mean wow look at it!

• Aaron Webber makes a cameo as an NPC

If this was real Sonic Boom would be GOTY every year.

• Thumbs Up 3

The game is styled entirely on the LEGO games.

That was mentioned, right?

But I'll be listening to that interview tomorrow during lunch. I've been following Rebels and Boom closely, and will latch onto anything relating to either of the two.

Oh, I do sympathize with that. It's just that I was listening to it but my laptop battery nearly died out. Was looking forward to being able to simply read it after that once I got home.

Also knowing that Aaron Webber won't be in the game just made me so mad. :P

• Thumbs Up 1