Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

What we really need is a Knuckles who engages in polite debates with his enemies, and not one who punches them in the face.

Well, he DOES run for mayor.

• Thumbs Up 1

What we really need is a Knuckles who engages in polite debates with his enemies, and not one who punches them in the face.

We could always have both ya know?

This guy right here is polite AND punches people in the face!

dudley-ssf4select.jpg

Totally joking, guys!

• Thumbs Up 3

Call me stupid, but I am actually wishing this is the 2015 game. This game looks fun. When I first saw Lost World, I was thinking "meh" (although I still wanted to play it) but this game actually makes my alarm bells ring.

And freakin' Amy is playable. Playable. If you told me this a year ago, I wouldn't believe you.

I'm now worried that the 2015 game will revert back to Sonic-only... *sigh*

• Thumbs Up 2

dudley-ssf4select.jpg

Maybe they meant to type British echidna?

• Thumbs Up 1

dudley-ssf4select.jpg

Totally joking, guys!

That guy looks like Alex Louis Armstrong to a degree...

So in the trailer....I noticed something....

...I'm not trying to be rude...but..

Sonic has a bulge. I won't post the image, but it's when the four are all in a defensive circle. Gross.

Maybe they meant to type British echidna?

Stop making this more awesome than it already is...

It's not Dimps doing the 3DS version, it's Sanzaru Games. The people responsible for the Sly HD Collection and Sly 4.

Then you will be very pleased to know that the 3DS version is made by Sanzaru Games! =D

Seriously this is the best news for me, together with the four playable characters aspect.

1391330859845.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

Seeing as we've had games "playing different" from each other all the time, it might as well have been a mainline Sonic game. "But WAIT it's a spin-off" is, like, the last thing with hopes to take away that impression.

Don't give me this crap. We've had boost gameplay for five goddamn years and that's if you completely ignore the Rush games. The point is that this is specifically referred to as being separate from something like Lost World.

The focus on Sonic's crew inspired the developers, animators and everyone else working on "Sonic Boom" to make each hero distinct, in both form and function. In the case of Knuckles, that meant putting the once Sonic-sized sidekick through puberty — not steroids — in an effort to make the burly red echidna stand out from the pack, as well as pack a punch.

...That's STILL incongruent with past designs, yo.

There were older Echidnas in the flashbacks in Sonic Adventure, pretty sure none of them looked like.... That.

Considering what has been seen, even though this is a pretty drastic change, I can't help but be more interested in this then I ever was for Lost Word. I don't know, I love the stye and the platforming elements shown, the visuals are also amazing, and this actually might have a interesting story. However, the character designs and lack of Sonic themed items worries me at the same time. We'll see as time goes.

(Also, I wouldn't be surprised if at some point there is a crossover between the regular universe and this.:P)

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic Boom - another big round of details on the games and animated series

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=221898

>Main Hubworld confirmed

YEEEEEESSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I bet the Unleashed fans will be happy to hear this. As for me I just hope it doesnt get in my way.

...That's STILL incongruent with past designs, yo.

There were older Echidnas in the flashbacks in Sonic Adventure, pretty sure none of them looked like.... That.

In the game trailer there's a statue of some sort of Echidna warrior, though. He's buffed out like Knuckles. So it's at least accurate in the spin-off universe.

reggie.jpg

This is the second coming of 06 to finally kill off the Sonic series. And also this is a sick deviant artist dream come to life.

• Thumbs Up 1

What else is Knuckles gonna do with that bod.

As long as it's just Knuckles ill be fine with it I suppose.

This is the second coming of 06 to finally kill off the Sonic series.

Except '06 was a main game and this is a spinoff sub-series.

As long as it's just Knuckles ill be fine with it I suppose.

Next thing you know they've bulked out Shadow. (Ok, seriously, I can't see that happening. :P)

I was thinking that if they were going with this as being "canon," then maybe Knuckles simply buffed out more as he aged. It doesn't make much sense in context, of course, but it would've been the best explanation...