Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

Care to explain why?

Most likely because everyone in the game seems to be as fast as Sonic. Just a guess, though.

• Thumbs Up 3

Most likely because everyone in the game seems to be as fast as Sonic. Just a guess, though.

You should play the lottery becas use that guess is right. You could win the lottery

your all wrong. Thats not why. Im angry because Im force to play with the friends. Im force to pick another character in a zone and it can be restrict depending on the zone I read. I feel this is going the Sonic Adventure 2/Sonic 2006 route.

your all wrong. Thats not why. Im angry because Im force to play with the friends. Im force to pick another character in a zone and it can be restrict depending on the zone I read. I feel this is going the Sonic Adventure 2/Sonic 2006 route.

Yet it's perfectly fine for us to hav been forced to not play as our other favorite characters

But you all complain about Sonic 2006 and Sonic Adventure series doing the same goddamn thing. I think people are despreate they want the same thing they hated back ;p

Not to stray a little off topic, but what makes you like 06 so much then? I don't want to sound like I'm jumping down your throat here, but if it's one of your favorite Sonic games but you don't like being forced to play as the friends, what makes you overlook that and enjoy it?

I don't know, I do understand your frustration though. Adventure 2's approach to constantly switching between characters sporadically got on my nerves, and judging by how I only liked playing as Sonic and Shadow, I would always choose to play as them if Adventure 2 gave me the choice.

Try to remain optimistic. No one is forcing you to like the game, but on the bright side, you do get to choose which combo you want to use most of the time. So if you liked playing as Sonic, and let's say Knuckles for example, as your pair of characters, you could stick with them for your whole entire playthrough. Think of it like the Lego games, in a sense.

• Thumbs Up 1

But you all complain about Sonic 2006 and Sonic Adventure series doing the same goddamn thing. I think people are despreate they want the same thing they hated back ;p

Just because we "hated" the way they were used dfeamd oesnt mean we dont want them to be playble

• Thumbs Up 9

Not to stray a little off topic, but what makes you like 06 so much then? I don't want to sound like I'm jumping down your throat here, but if it's one of your favorite Sonic games but you don't like being forced to play as the friends, what makes you overlook that and enjoy it?

It was my first game and it made me love Sonic and his games. It had another character I love to play with (Silver) and it had a plot and a tone i really liked. It had other fun characters to like Omega and Rouge and even Shadow was fun. The game isnt perfect i has things I hate like playable friends in my face and Sonic dieing but I like the game. But it did ruin playable friends for me.

I don't know, I do understand your frustration though. Adventure 2's approach to constantly switching between characters sporadically got on my nerves, and judging by how I only liked playing as Sonic and Shadow, I would always choose to play as them if Adventure 2 gave me the choice.

Try to remain optimistic. No one is forcing you to like the game, but on the bright side, you do get to choose which combo you want to use most of the time. So if you liked playing as Sonic, and let's say Knuckles for example, as your pair of characters, you could stick with them for your whole entire playthrough. Think of it like the Lego games, in a sense.

I only like to play as Sonic and Eggman in that game.

I like both Sonic and Knuckles so if it were like that where I can pair them it wouldnt mind. I like how did it in Sonic 4.

I just think SEGA America recognizes a large chunk of the fanbase likes certain characters more than Sonic himself, and is exploiting that here.

Now as for why Shadow's not involved, well, that's obvious. Besides his capability of being fairly divisive, he just doesn't fit much with lighthearted elements and isn't very social with Sonic's circle of friends.

Wait, 'speed segments'? Does this mean that all of the speed based gameplay is automated?

Although it's been repeated a lot of times, think of it this way: some people were forced to play for several games as Sonic and only Sonic, who they don't like (me not included), and only bought them to see their favourites Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Eggman, ect. as NPCs.

This time you are the one who is forced to play as someone you don't like.

Wait, 'speed segments'? Does this mean that all of the speed based gameplay is automated?

Sounds like a fraction of it might be.

ive lost faith in this game

I know you are entitled to your opinion, but can you please refrain from saying things like this especially with it having the potential to start trouble? Especially with you failing to explain yourself which defeats the purpose of a discussion. It's okay that you don't like Sonic Boom but be sure to explain yourself in a calm manner from now on, please.

You should play the lottery becas use that guess is right. You could win the lottery

Please keep your snarky and irrelevant comments like this to yourself, especially since they aren't contributing to the discussion at hand. And while I'm at it, instead of trying to be funny with these little comments please shape up on your grammar as proper grammar and punctuation is required per the rules here, thanks.

• Thumbs Up 4

Switching between characters seems to be optional and, like in Sonic 3&K, (and the wisps in Sonic Colors in most cases) can be used to reach paths with secret goodies and/or another way to reach the goal (if this game does have point A to point B structured levels) only accessible using certain characters.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well some sort of connectivity was mentioned for both versions....can't remember where...

Sanzaru games is behind the 3DS version, and they've done some good work according to Wikipedia. I wouldn't worry too much. Apparently the 3DS version has Adventure gameplay too. (fuck yes.)

Adventure gameplay? (WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO) HELL YA!

I'm actually wondering whatever Sanzaru and Red Button would work together to give players rewards for linking the two versions together.

Speed segments being automated...

Well, I assume there might be some parts that are. There are areas of Ratchet and Jak that are higher speed and consist of dodging obstacles as they come along.

However, both of those also had areas where you could manually control your speed, so don't worry. I'm sure there will be a mixture of free roam and rail speed.

Rail speed's become the thing in a lot of Sonic games anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know you are entitled to your opinion, but can you please refrain from saying things like this especially with it having the potential to start trouble? Especially with you failing to explain yourself which defeats the purpose of a discussion. It's okay that you don't like Sonic Boom but be sure to explain yourself in a calm manner from now on, please.

Im sorry. i dont want to start tourble. I was just angry I force to play as someone else

Im sorry. i dont want to start tourble. I was just angry I force to play as someone else

Eh, look at it this way: us Sonic (the character) fans have essentially been getting our way for close to a decade now. I say it's about time that we give his supporting cast some love again, as well.

• Thumbs Up 7

Where is everyone getting this from!? Did I miss something?

Regardless, why exactly are you so mad at playing as other characters for once?

The game lets you play as whoever you want so its not forcing you.

Well it might be to early for me to say that since i've only seen a couple seconds of gameplay.

But its to early to say its going to constantly force you to play as the friends either.

• Thumbs Up 1

Where is everyone getting this from!? Did I miss something?

Regardless, why exactly are you so mad this?

this from GI magazine i get

-The game has two fixed characters in each zone as part of its cooperative affair, though all four will be taking part in the speed segments and boss battles (this detail really piqued my interest).

so your force to play with two characters and its not like Sonic Advance 3 where using them is optinal or like Sonic 4 where its useful and doesnt take away from Sonic, co-op from the start will be in our faces n this game they say so duo op is also going to be force it looks like.

i dont want to be force to play as someone else.

I'm skeptical about this supposed, GI's apparent take on this.

That said, I don't really believe this to even truly be the case.

I'm skeptical about this supposed, GI's apparent take on this. That said, I don't really believe this to even truly be the case.

How is it not true? Game Informer must have gotten the information from SEGA. They can't just fabricate this stuff.

Well considering the last time we controlled Sonic's friends in a more official game, they really didn't play too great Slowmo Amy with her invisibility, I can sort've see where Sonikku is coming from. I think.

Buuuut this team seems to be making this teamwork their focus. If that's the case, I'm sure they'll work on making them better and more fun to play as, even when your favorite isn't the one being played.

• Thumbs Up 2