Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

I understand. I just want to play as my favorite to the end without be force to play as other characters,

I'm pretty sure you can get past through most of the game with one character but there will be moments where you might need some other character to get through a small segment but it's not going to force you as much as it did in 06 but it would be nice if it encourages you to use other characters to get hidden goodies and such.

• Thumbs Up 2

i want the friends to be optional of sometimes useful. Sonic 4 did a great job doing this. I play with Sonic but I use Tails to create powerful attacks.

I hope so. I rather I chose Sonic and not have worry about the others. I mean if its like Sonic Adventure 2 then I dont know what to say. Dont say "get over it" thats a line people say because im not ready for playable friends.

I got over it

If you mean by the different play styles in Adventure 2, then heavens no. They'll probably be like Advance 1 since walking mechs doesn't fit with Sonic very well and they'll have enough differences so each character will be a different experience.

Edited by Soni

If you mean by the different play styles in Adventure 2, then heavens no. They'll probably be like Advance 1 since walking mechs doesn't fit with Sonic very well and they'll have enough differences so each character will be a different experience.

I hope thats the case. I really dont want to be force to play "better Sonic now in yellow, red and pink!"

Be confident with Big Red Button, they have quite the history with platformers just look up games like Jak and Daxter or Spyro. Some of the people in this group worked on those games and those games are considered really good, so I can say that Boom will be just as good and future Sonic Boom sequels will be a reality and will be multiplatform for sure!

Ill try to give a chanse. The game never come out now so I cant say for sure. but I have my fear. And Im sorry if I annoy.

Most likely because everyone in the game seems to be as fast as Sonic. Just a guess, though.

Knuckles and Tails could run at the same speed as Sonic.

Of course Sonic is faster but I'm sure like Sonic Heroes it will be focusing on exclusive abilities than speed.

I just remembered they mentioned missions in the hub world last month. Hmmm.... Could it be like Unleashed's missions or something like a traditional side quest?

and another thing: Would this game have upgrades? Seeing how the game works, it looks like rings will be a currency (Such as the fact that losing rings whenever you get hit all the time doesn't seem to work inhis style, especially when in combat) Upgrades could be like special items you can get for each of the characters that give them boosts in power. Of course we don't want it like in Unleashed with that XP system. Ugh.

I think it was already confirmed in a video interview somewhere that upgrades are present in the game, and that rings are used as currency. It's an adventure game and falls right into line with what BRB's stuff are famed for.

Damn...

Seeing that sonic heroes gameplay really brings back a lot of memories.

I miss that game alot

Knuckles and Tails could run at the same speed as Sonic.

Of course Sonic is faster but I'm sure like Sonic Heroes it will be focusing on exclusive abilities than speed.

Im afraid Sonic wouldnt have any awesome ablities like his friends. His friends will be larger then life. Sonic will be the basics sad.png

Im afraid Sonic wouldnt have any awesome ablities like his friends. His friends will be larger then life. Sonic will be the basics sad.png

We've already seen that's not the case though, so there's no reason to worry :P

He can use speed ramps, run on water, home in on certain spots, and who knows what else? Even in Heroes he had the fastest speed, tornadoes, homing attacks, rocket accel, and probably something else I'm forgetting. Nobody else did, so what's with the worrying?

Actually in heroes

Amy,

Shadow,

Espio all had the same abilities as sonic because they were the speed characters in there teams

Triangle Jumps. Sonic Had Triangle Jumps. He also had that special ability in his team blast that took out everything with Tornado Shoot.

Shadow had the same jump, and I'm not sure about Espio, but Shadow having the same ability makes sense. Seeing as he's Sonic's counterpart.

And I'm fairly sure only Sonic and Shadow could Light Speed Dash.

So I'm fairly sure this game'll bring in the right amount of Sonic being as grand to play as the others. Who knows! Maybe, like in Sonic heroes, without Sonic's help, the others couldn't possibly run that fast in the teaser video we have so far.

Wow I haven't been on here in a while, anyway I think the way the character's are set up are sorta like Heroes, you have the main character which is Sonic or whoever you have in charge & then the 2nd character (Amy, Knuckles, Tails) that you can switch to depending on certain situations like flying, smashing stuff, climbing, getting to higher ground, etc. I don't think they are forcing characters on you but they are needed to do certain stuff sorta like how in Colors the 1st time you go through a zone you don't have the wisps needed to get to that certain area but you can replay the level with more wisps or in Sonic Boom's case another character at your side you get more replay value. 

As for Sonic's physics, It sounds like they'll be pretty fun! Running on Water, Homing Attack Action, & Spinning up Ramps sounds nice! I was wondering though, does Sonic get the Boost in this game or might it come as an upgrade cause I kinda miss the boost =/. Also I heard the word's Speed Segments where you basically run through stuff with all 4 of your team present, I got so excited when I heard this because that was my favorite thing about Sonic 06 =D!

Another thing I wanted to say was, I want to know more about the 3DS version of Sonic Boom since I don't have a Wii U. I've heard that Sanzaru Games have pretty great rating so I was happy to hear that. Then I heard the 3DS version didn't have all the exact same levels that the Wii U Version had & also a different story line which I'm okay with but I hope that they don't stray to far away from the Wii U version in similarity & that they include some levels that the Wii U version has like that one Sky Sanctuary looking place which looks so beautiful =O. Also is there any information about the hub worlds for the 3DS version? So far I've heard that the hubs include multiple missions, lots of run around space that i'm glad to hear about since I wanted more of that Sonic Unleashed hub vibe. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Not sure if this has already been posted, but...

2454867-eggman32.jpg

Not sure if 40's general or equestrian (those boots)....

• Thumbs Up 2

Not sure if 40's general or equestrian (those boots)....

wrathofkhan1.jpg

He's a Starfleet officer, clearly. He's even got Shatner's girdle~!

• Thumbs Up 4

Triangle Jumps. Sonic Had Triangle Jumps. He also had that special ability in his team blast that took out everything with Tornado Shoot.

Shadow had the same jump, and I'm not sure about Espio, but Shadow having the same ability makes sense. Seeing as he's Sonic's counterpart.

And I'm fairly sure only Sonic and Shadow could Light Speed Dash.

So I'm fairly sure this game'll bring in the right amount of Sonic being as grand to play as the others. Who knows! Maybe, like in Sonic heroes, without Sonic's help, the others couldn't possibly run that fast in the teaser video we have so far.

Yeah, Sonic had the Light Speed Attack during the Team Blast cooldown period. Espio can also triangle jump but the thing is he can stick on to the walls and won't fall off due to him being a ninja chameleon and his Tornado move is roughly the same as Amy's but with the added effect that Espio can turn invisible going past laser gates and being undetected by enemies. Shadow did have the same attacks has Sonic especially when both of them can do the Light Speed Dash. As it was stated many times before, BRB have stated that they'll treat each character equally and all 4 of them will be equally enjoyable to play.

Edited by Soni
  • Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if there's gonna be any unlockable content in this like promotional artwork, sketches and blooper reel animated movies in this? Would give players a good reason to fully beat the game.

I wonder if there's gonna be any unlockable content in this like promotional artwork, sketches and blooper reel animated movies in this? Would give players a good reason to fully beat the game.

I would love to see it top Unleashed/Generations in the extras category. Unlocking developer interviews, concept art (a fantastic opportunity to see some of the unused ditched designs we've all been curious about), choosing what music tracks to use in a level, and extra+viewable cutscenes would great. Sonic Boom would certainly outclass those two games for being able to see some unused ideas for this new direction in-game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hopefully, our interest in unused drafts and concept material is reflected in enough other locations for BRB to notice and try to cater to that interest in some way.

• Thumbs Up 1