Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

So, Frost has had experience with Ty the Tasmanian Tiger. How interesting, yet also fitting concerning Boom's aesthetics (at least).

Still. Sonic Boom development cost isn't released? OH SAD TnT Sent from my SHW-M250S using Tapatalk 2

I don't think you should talk about development costs or budgets or finances unless you understand what they are.

• Thumbs Up 7

That's one nice interview and it's good that Stephen Frost is keeping his lips sealed on certain topics because we wouldn't want to be spoiled, now do we? The more I hear about Sonic Boom, the more curious and excited I am. Can't wait to play this game!

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think you should talk about development costs or budgets or finances unless you understand what they are.

I think you already know Sonic is less profitable than Sammy's single pachinko machines or Sega's future business, complex resort

Sent from my SHW-M250S using Tapatalk 2

I think you already know Sonic is less profitable than Sammy's single pachinko machines or Sega's future business, complex resort

Care to actually make full-on videogame comparisons as opposed to comparing the profits to something that has nothing to do with the sort for once?

• Thumbs Up 5

Anyway. No 3DS Sonic Boom informations is released?.

I can't understand why 3DS Sonic Boom isn't released many informations like Wii U version?

I think Sega does more invest to Sonic Boom 3DS.

Anyway. No 3DS Sonic Boom informations is released?.

I can't understand why 3DS Sonic Boom isn't released many informations like Wii U version?

I think Sega does more invest to Sonic Boom 3DS.

Or, its been in development for less time, or they have a staggered release planned, such that the 3DS version comes out a month or two after the Wii-U version to help push Wii-u sales without the handheld competition

Or, its been in development for less time, or they have a staggered release planned, such that the 3DS version comes out a month or two after the Wii-U version to help push Wii-u sales without the handheld competition

Sad.. Because I will buy 3DS Boom if this game metascore is over 85

What if the score gets 84? Still not good enough?

If the 3ds game looks good to me, I'll give it a shot. But my hopes are kinda low. I'm still kinda mad about online play. Is it because of lack of communication with the person your playing with?

Well...I can see online being difficult since this game is mostly about coop and I. Pretty sure wii u can't do like voice chat with other players, right?

I can see playing online can be a pain. But still, it feels right to have it in this game.

What if the score gets 84? Still not good enough?
Up to 85. I must buy this game and 3DS!! 84~80. Check out user review.. 79~72. Check out sales.. 72~66. Check out Sega Sammy'group financial report and stocks.. Below 66 - I'll never buy this game and I claim RIP Sonic Sent from my SHW-M250S
  • Thumbs Up 1

Considering it's a Sonic game, anything over 80 might as well be phenomenal. Sonic Generations and Colors were getting 6's and 7's.

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering it's a Sonic game, anything over 80 might as well be phenomenal. Sonic Generations and Colors were getting 6's and 7's.
In my country game website, Many gamers think normal game review score(or metascore) is 80 I don't know that is true..

Don't worry... The 3DS will definitely have its time in the spotlight. We initially focused on Wii U due to involvement of BRB in the character designs and other aspects of the overall initiative. The 3DS will have its own surprises for fans and be a very important part of Sonic Boom, as well. And, it's quite fun.Just keep in mind that we announced Sonic Boom much earlier than we typically do for Sonic titles. There is still a lot of time until these games get released and a lot of information we still need to share. Give us some time... You'll know a lot more about everything soon enough.
Thanks. I'll wait until release date. .P.S (I wish this game would be over break even.............) Sent from my SHW-M250S using Tapatalk 2

Yea, this game ain't coming out for a looong while, just like smash bros.(except ssb4 has pic of the days)

I just try and forget about the game, but I'm still excited for it.

It's a 2014 title though, isn't it? Or was that just assumed. Still, we won't hear anything about it until E3 at the earliest, if it's coming Holiday 2014.

So, Frost has had experience with Ty the Tasmanian Tiger. How interesting, yet also fitting concerning Boom's aesthetics (at least).

So have these developers dipped their toes into pretty much very PS2 plat former at this point?

• Thumbs Up 4

So have these developers dipped their toes into pretty much very PS2 plat former at this point?

You know what that means!

893d2dba75df1c4f575abb055f50ac25.png

...Emphasis on it being the PS2 version. ;P

It really is interesting how much experience a lot of the team working on this has. This whole thing is shaping up to be a very interesting game. Though, it's still surreal to me that a bunch of devs known for Playstation games have come together to make a game for SEGA on Nintendo consoles.

• Thumbs Up 1

IGN did give both Colors and Generations 8.5, but they are most of the time completely biased about their reviews, so yah, never mind..

But actually, if you look at metacritic, some of the Sonic games listed there are very close to 80.

3D Classics: Sonic the Hedgehog got an 81, despite really just being a 3DS port. It's classic sequel got a 82 for the XBOX 360 Version.

Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed got an 82 (On the PS3), and it's predecessor got an 80 on, the iOS version. Huh.

Sonic CD got a 93 (No surprise there) and both Generations and Colors were REALLY close to getting an 80.

And the Xbox version for Adventure, is a 48. (really?) Sonic Adventure DX was given a 57, and Adventure 2 was given an 89.

So giving a Sonic game a metacritic of 80 would mean that it's one of those "Good" Sonic games, and not those "Bad" Sonic games.

It was indeed pretty ironic Ty said he was the next big thing and then... well, we know how that went.

However, as a TY fan, I can attest that Ty 2 is a fairly good game. It massively improved on Ty 1 and had a very large open world to it. The only thing I hold against it is probably the fact my favorite character, Sly, was cooped up in a shack for 99% of it.

Seeing another favorite of mine that the folks behind Boom have worked on makes me really optimistic about this game, to say the least. smile.png

image42.jpg

By the way, where do you guys think the game is I'm development right now? I think they're probably doing the final levels and adding the finishing touches, as well as making an E3 demo.

• Thumbs Up 5

image42.jpg

By the way, where do you guys think the game is I'm development right now? I think they're probably doing the final levels and adding the finishing touches, as well as making an E3 demo.

Then that would mean the game is complete. I think they may have put the majority of development on hold and choice a few levels for E3. I think then that they will spend tgis time fine tuning those levels to be demoed