Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

Why wouldn't they give us a 25th Anniversary game? We've had anniversary games for every 5 years (3D Blast, Adventure 2, '06, Generations), so why wouldn't we get a new one for the 30th?

I should have been more clear... ^^;

What I mean is that we can't have another game like Sonic Generations because it's too soon. A game brimming with nostalgia and retro stages in glorious HD. To me, that's a real Anniversary game, something that celebrates the Sonic franchise as a whole.

I want to see a new Sonic platformer with new levels and stuff, not more nostalgia pandering. But I also don't want another repeat of Sonic 06. XP

Something is going to happen on April 1st that's to do with Boom. I know it. Steven is probably thinking of many ways to mess with us as we speak.

• Thumbs Up 2

Something is going to happen on April 1st that's to do with Boom. I know it. Steven is probably thinking of many ways to mess with us as we speak.

Boom! Eggman officially in a relationship with Boom's take on Sara! As you truly imagined it!

• Thumbs Up 5

I'd suggest announcing soundtrack details for the game and show, and saying that the main theme is 'Sonic You Can Do Anything'. The rage would be real.

You know what would be kind of hilarious? If the theme song (of the show/game/whatever) was titled Sonic Boom, but doesn't have anything to do with Sonic CD's Sonic Boom. The confusion would be incredible.

"Yeah I really like Sonic Boom...no not that, the other one--the song...no, the OTHER one...!"

• Thumbs Up 8

I get the feeling that they'll be tact enough to actually present us a legit fact on Boom, but it'll be nigh too awesome for us to believe and they'll leave us to tormentingly speculate and possibly second-guess.

Only to smacked in the face by reality when it turns out said awesomeness actually will grace Boom!

• Thumbs Up 2

No music composers have been confirmed have they? inb4 Skirllex

Nope. Nobody yet. I would guess that, like everything else, it's being handled by BRB and Ouido. It'd be really surprisiing if anyone from WaveMaster or Crush 40 had anything to do with it.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Princess Elise covered in sports tape, playable of course. Calling it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Animation confirmed to be fucking spectacular. A guy that worked on Disney films? Working on the animation for a Sonic game? Wow. That's all I can say.

Question: Did you enjoy my research post on Big Red Button? Here it is again:

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2014/02/who-is-at-big-red-button-what-is-their-long-quiet-history-lets-have-a-look-and-see/

I'm doing more research and so far found some interesting folks, I need to find some more notable figures before I make Part 2. But I made a tease in the status updates on finding someone who worked on numerous Disney Renaissance era (films like Hercules, Tarzan, Hunchback, etc) as an Assistant Animator, and also ended up at Insomniac on Ratchet Deadlocked and Resistance 1, is now Senior Animator on Sonic Boom at Big Red Button.

Holy shit I said.

I can't wait part two!

Sent from my SHW-M250S using Tapatalk 2

It's like the universe wants to give us Sonic fans a grandeur team to make up for somewhat lacking years. Excellent.

Fuck it, I'm thinking of making a post solely on this guy alone. He has an animation demo and HOLY FUCK at the facial animation. Most of it is from his Heavy Iron tenure where he worked on games like Ratatoullie, Wall-E, and Spongebob: Truth or Square (oh my god Spongebob is godly in this demo), plus you see a clip of Ratchet, and a split second clip of Home on the Range with Alameda Slim (the villain). He also worked on the Barnyard movie (the wolf was only in it IIRC, I recongize the scenes) and bits of the TV show.

Here's the demo:

If the animation in Sonic Boom is as good as this, we're in for a fucking TREAT!

• Thumbs Up 5

Fuck it, I'm thinking of making a post solely on this guy alone. He has an animation demo and HOLY FUCK at the facial animation. Most of it is from his Heavy Iron tenure where he worked on games like Ratatoullie, Wall-E, and Spongebob: Truth or Square (oh my god Spongebob is godly in this demo), plus you see a clip of Ratchet, and a split second clip of Home on the Range with Alameda Slim (the villain). He also worked on the Barnyard movie (the wolf was only in it IIRC, I recongize the scenes) and bits of the TV show.

Here's the demo:

If the animation in Sonic Boom is as good as this, we're in for a fucking TREAT!

oh I loved that guy in deadlocked, or should I say hated XD

Is this positive news? Or negative news?. I can't understand this

Positive, this guy has a real knack for good expressive animations

Positive, this guy has a real knack for good expressive animations

Thanks, I hope Sonic boom project wouldn't be flop like Geist crusher

Thanks, I hope Sonic boom project wouldn't be flop like Geist crusher

It won't because Sonic is already a well known gaming franchise and it will certainly not bomb like it especially since it plays and feels completely different than the SEGA Sonic games for sure, therefore a lot of people won't hate it as much and might actually try it out.

Well, Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale has a Metascore of 75, which is good I guess.

On the subject of music, we need something like Jungle Joyride:

One of the best tracks in Unleashed, though that's not really saying much, since the whole soundtrack was exceptional.

• Thumbs Up 1

Earlier I was asked what Bangarang had to do with Boom's supposed blandness. I believe using dubstep in trailers (Skrillex especially) has become a trend in advertisements, and its use in the Boom trailer made my initial interpretation of the game bias more towards "Generic". Sonic has always been about doing what the other guys aren't, the musical choice just seemed to be a departure from that idea.

This is the kind of marketing that sells.

But Sonic can work well with Dubstep, especially fast-paced ones. I mean Lost World had dubstep in its soundtrack like Lava Mountain and Battle with Zavok. Advertising using dubstep or any other type of electronic music can be mainstream but it works and this isn't the first time Sonic game trailers had electronic music, started with Tenderoni with Generations to Promises with Transformed to Cinema with Lost World.

But Sonic can work well with Dubstep, especially fast-paced ones. I mean Lost World had dubstep in its soundtrack like Lava Mountain and Battle with Zavok. Advertising using dubstep or any other type of electronic music can be mainstream but it works and this isn't the first time Sonic game trailers had electronic music, started with Tenderoni with Generations to Promises with Transformed to Cinema with Lost World.

I didn't really like Lost World either, but you're right Sonic has worked well with dubstep. I just feel like a lot of cheap games use dub-step (Skrillex especially) to try to be "hip", and I was worried that maybe this whole "This is what kids buy, lets fill it with this generic crap." mentality ran deeper than just the marketing department.

The only reason I didn't bitch about this with Gens or the other titles is because those trailers were the first times I had heard the songs.