Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

There is also the fact that under the exclusivity deal Nintendo footed part of the cost, and is also taking care of publishing costs in europe, so I think we can subtract a million or two from the direct cost to sega

I wish people would stop stating this like it's all fact when in actuality it is just the vaguest of speculations. Lost World was apparently to be published by Nintendo in Europe, but that does not seem to have been the eventual case from the actual release. Furthermore, we don't have a clue quite how much Nintendo has parted with to secure exclusivity. While it does matter somewhat, we can't really say for sure what Nintendo's influence is. We can't even say that Boom (or Lost World hypothetically) will guaranteed be Nintendo exclusive forever because of the exclusivity deal. All we know is that the deal secured Nintedo platforms as "the #1 destination for the next three Sonic titles".
  • Thumbs Up 1

I wish people would stop stating this like it's all fact when in actuality it is just the vaguest of speculations. Lost World was apparently to be published by Nintendo in Europe, but that does not seem to have been the eventual case from the actual release. Furthermore, we don't have a clue quite how much Nintendo has parted with to secure exclusivity. While it does matter somewhat, we can't really say for sure what Nintendo's influence is. We can't even say that Boom (or Lost World hypothetically) will guaranteed be Nintendo exclusive forever because of the exclusivity deal. All we know is that the deal secured Nintedo platforms as "the #1 destination for the next three Sonic titles".

Especially since Sonic Lost World was originally being developed for PC. So it is possible that the exclusivity deal could expire down the line.

It seems there is a new interview with stephen coming out on friday from tails channel.

He claims we would be suprised how much he squeezed out of him and he asked a question i am personally very intrested in.

The question is "Is the parkour system returning in sonic boom" really hoping he says yes. Or a really vague answer that we all know means yes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Especially since Sonic Lost World was originally being developed for PC. So it is possible that the exclusivity deal could expire down the line.

This is another misconception actually. The game started development on the PC, not as a PC game specifically. This is really quite normal practice from any developer, as it gives the team greater flexibility on all manner of things, not least of all deciding platforms, and often ease when the exact final product isn't set in stone. The development started on the PC before it was moved to and completed on the Wii U.
  • Thumbs Up 6

This is another misconception actually. The game started development on the PC, not as a PC game specifically. This is really quite normal practice from any developer, as it gives the team greater flexibility on all manner of things, not least of all deciding platforms, and often ease when the exact final product isn't set in stone. The development started on the PC before it was moved to and completed on the Wii U.

That is true Blue Blood. There was something else I forgot to bring up. It might be possible for Sega to back out of this exclusivity deal.  Anybody remember "The Capcom Five." Five Capcom published titles (Viewtiful Joe, Killer 7, Resident Evil 4, PN 03, Dead Phoenix) that were planned to be exclusive to the Nintendo Gamecube. Due to lower than expected sales, Capcom broke there exclusivity deal with Nintendo and brought Viewtiful Joe, Killer 7 and Resident Evil 4 to the Playstation 2. PN 03 remained exclusive probably because Sony didn't want it on there platform, while Dead Phoenix got the axe. Lets not forget Rayman Legends and Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge among others. Just a thought.

These are very true statements.  But since this is the second game in the 3 game series for SEGAs Wii U exclusivity it would surprise me if they just decide to drop out of it halfway through.

These are very true statements.  But since this is the second game in the 3 game series for SEGAs Wii U exclusivity it would surprise me if they just decide to drop out of it halfway through.

It's actually the third. Lost World was the first, M&S2014 was the second, and Boom is the third.

It makes me wonder why M&S2014 was part of the 3 game deal, its a Mario game too, of course its going to be on Wii U. I wish it was something else. Oh well.

And now, courtesy of Tailschannel, here's an in-depth interview with Stephen Frost concerning Boom. Surprisingly, it's quite informative and even shines light on some subjects too!

Questions Answered:
1. Who are you? What is your history with Sonic? WHAT IS YOUR QUEST WITH SONIC BOOM?
2. Who came up with the idea of Sonic Boom in general?
3. You are using CryEngine 3. Does it work with Sonic?
4. Was it hard to work on the Wii U hardware with CryEngine 3?
5. Will parkour from Sonic Lost World be a feature once again in Boom?
6. Being ex-Naughty Dog developers, we've seen a lot of similarities to previous games Big Red Button has made. Are you taking some inspiration from these past games?
7. As we've seen from previous interviews you wanted to make this game "familiar but new". Taking this into account, will we see more Modern Sonic gameplay elements other than 2.5D sections?
8. A lot of old school Sonic fans are skeptical about Boom. How are you catering to those fans?
9. If you can compare Sonic Boom to any released Sonic the Hedgehog title, what would you personally compare it to?
10. Was the new Eggman Design based on Former President Theodore Roosevelt while he was part of the Rough Riders?

A spanish retailer has listed Sonic Boom and a release date of September 12th

http://www.xtralife.es/wiiu/sonic-boom/15705

http://www.xtralife.es/nintendo-3ds/sonic-boom/15706

This is the same retailer who has just outed The Last of US PS4 edition. Almost certainly a placeholder but... yeah nowt else to talk about.

It actually holds some weight. September 12th this year is a Friday. October 18th for Lost World was a Friday.

For info.

Typically it's November or October for Sonic games, exceptions are Sonic 06 and Unleashed which had fragmented releases.

> Amy is a main playable character

> Isn't on placeholder boxart

EDIT: Totally not because it's a cropped image >.>

Wouldn't matter if it was cropped or not, because that'd make a shitty final boxart either way. 

• Thumbs Up 6

I really hope it's just a placeholder image. Granted, it won't affect the quality of the game itself, but still.

I really hope it's just a placeholder image. Granted, it won't affect the quality of the game itself, but still.

You can say with 100% certainty that it's not the final boxart. It's just something that that particular shop whipped specifically up to put on their site.

So this game is being released on my birthday? Well this is quite a way to turn 20! :lol:

So this game is being released on my birthday? Well this is quite a way to turn 20! laugh.png

Providing you already have Wii U your parents now know what to get you.  It may come late though.

Well, to be clear, it's not a fully open world... There are hubs with level areas connected to them.

https://twitter.com/frostman007

Huzzah! It is like Twinsanity! Come to think of it, the layout sounds like Adventure 1 and Twinsanity had a baby at that!

• Thumbs Up 2

https://twitter.com/frostman007

Huzzah! It is like Twinsanity! Come to think of it, the layout sounds like Adventure 1 and Twinsanity had a baby at that!

It being like Twinsanity is merely coincidental, unless they have developers from Travelers Tales as well or you're just using it as an example...?

It being like Twinsanity is merely coincidental, unless they have developers from Travelers Tales as well.

I know that. What's your point?

Uh-oh! Time for the little tidbits to come out because the dam can't hold any more secrets!

Stephen Frost I know you wanna tell us whether or not rings act like 06/Unleashed rings :3 I know you're watching man.

Ah with a release date to speculate I can rest easy and let the time go. Hopefully the time it comes out I can get a WiiU or at least like borrow someones or something. If Boom is good, I'll be sold for a new WiiU.

If Sonic Boom release date is near the Last of us PS4 edition. I think Sonic Boom will get FLOPPED. (Sorry. April fool. But i think if rumor were true Last of us is deal little damage to Sonic Boom sales