Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

Oh. If this rumor is true. Sonic Boom will be EPIC FAIL.

Last of us is far more popular than Sonic.

R.I.P

Sent from my SHW-M250S using Tapatalk 2

Why in God's name would you think that???

Ok that HAD to be a joke or intentional. I know there was a discussion about not jumping to assumptions but I seriously don't know whether it was purposefully trying to be mean to Boom. Because these two things have literally NO connection. AT ALL. It's just a site posting games ready/almost ready to sell. Thats like saying if Sonic Boom and InFamous Second Son are both at gamestop, Booms an auto fail. What?!

If you we're saying an opinion about how you think itself going to be fail thats different and understandable. Saying that if two things sell in ths same area ones an auto fail. I: come on man.

Why in God's name would you think that???

He wants SEGA to sell Sonic so he's doing everything in his power to build a negative morale, no matter how ludicrous the methodology gets.

• Thumbs Up 8

Is The Last of Us more popular than Sonic? It wouldn't surprise me. Does that have any bearing as to whether or not Sonic Boom will sell?

Not at all.

Sonic Boom probably won't sell very well because it's on Wii U more than any other reason. 

Sonic Boom probably won't sell very well because it's on Wii U more than any other reason. 

I figure it might do well by the system's standards. It's also getting a 3DS version, and I think that one has more of a chance.

I figure it might do well by the system's standards. It's also getting a 3DS version, and I think that one has more of a chance.

I think Sega is less support 3DS Sonic Boom then Wii U Sonic boom.

Just because we haven't seen anything yet doesn't mean they aren't. Sega put it in the hands of a highly competent developer, Sanzaru Games, so I really think you should be getting off your high horse and stop acting like you know exactly what the basis and thought process of Sega's decisions are.

"Think". Implying opinion. Implying personal bias. Implying a complete lack of objective or factual backing.

Though that's hardly anything new for you, I suppose.

• Thumbs Up 1

But it's also on 3DS. If "Sonic Boom" fails to sell anything it will most likely be a marketing issue than an actual system issue.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but do you remember back in 2012 when Hunnid-P (who did some music for Knuckles stages in SA1 & SA2) said that he was working on a new Sonic project? It was around the time that SA2 was being re-released on PS3, X360 and PC. As we know Sonic Boom has been in development for about three years. So do you think Hunnid-P might have been referring to contributing to the soundtrack in the Boom game? Afterall we will get to play as Knuckles.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well that canyon area does remind me of Wild Canyon.....oh shit....

"They wanna play wiv mah EMWOOLZ? They playin wiv the wrong guy!"

I thought it was sorta confirmed he was joking about that?

Then again, rap/hip hop in Sonic Boom would be SO good. Nay, just the return of Hunnid-P in any of the Sonic games would be the best thing ever!

• Thumbs Up 1

But it's also on 3DS. If "Sonic Boom" fails to sell anything it will most likely be a marketing issue than an actual system issue.

If SEGA is lucky, Nintendo's upcoming games could turn the tables around, or even more lucky, SEGA happens to be the one increasing sales for the Wii U.

Just because we haven't seen anything yet doesn't mean they aren't. Sega put it in the hands of a highly competent developer, Sanzaru Games, so I really think you should be getting off your high horse and stop acting like you know exactly what the basis and thought process of Sega's decisions are.

Yeah, this is going to be the first Sonic game in a damn long time that's coming to handhelds and is not developed by Dimps (And it's the first time somebody that's not even a SEGA division developed a handheld sonic game) and new expectations will rise. And plus: It's going to have adventure gameplay. So that's a win.

SpiritOfTheBlue @SpiritOfBlues 20h

@frostman007 Will we see what the Boom models look out of pre-alpha near E3? PS. What do you think of my attempt? pic.twitter.com/sRvxL7bt9L

@SpiritOfBlues Not bad. Yes, models will be further along at E3.

Well that sounds good.

Poor Steven, he's always being spied on by SSMB'ers.

And Aaron is probably just sitting there laughing as the fans more or less interrogate Steven.

So, how much better do y'all reckon those models should look by E3?

So, how much better do y'all reckon those models should look by E3?

Do you reeeeeally wanna know?

tumblr_ma4extipXa1r9ibuko3_500.gif

Seriously though, I'd expect that they'll look a bit more in line with the TV series. Sonic is missing his communicator in the game trailer.

• Thumbs Up 9

So it looks like the models will be better at E3. That's great to hear!

June, why must you be so remote? I hope the models are close to the show's CG models. I love how smooth they were in the show's teaser.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I did a bit of digging on Big Red Button's website, and I found some interesting info on the 'Careers' page:

http://brbent.com/careers/

"Our 50-person studio in Southern California is seeking up-and-coming staffers to work on the Sonic Boom™ project."

"Design and script moment to moment gameplay"

"Play and evaluate combat constantly, iterating as necessary to reach a high degree of polish"

"Troubleshooting and maintaining levels for optimal frame rate, memory, and design specs"

"Ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines"

The part about working with a deadline concerns me. Rushing comes to mind, but it does look like they are aiming for a high amount of polish.