Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

Looks like there's a portrait of the character you're using too.

Where's this?

Where's this?

If you look closely on the left side of the green bar, you can somewhat make out a character portrait with sonics face in it.

Did we ever get high res pics of the other images?

I don't know, but that's the least likely picture of them all to have a higher-res version released. Nintendo were quick to get websites to remove it because it shows a Wii U devkit.

Because then they'll find out that it runs on SEGA Genesis Blast Processors.

It's the only explanation as to how Boom can have such power heavy things like a title screen. Wii U really IS next gen.

• Thumbs Up 3

FFFFFUUUUUU!!!

We have an uber high-res pic!!!

*snip!*

Oh, hey, they're keeping the typical ring counter. That's nice to see.

Also, that's a pretty nice character icon there, too.

If you look closely on the left side of the green bar, you can somewhat make out a character portrait with sonics face in it.

Oh, he meant the outline. I thought he was referring to something completely new.

Oh cool, it is a ring counter. Speaking of which, rings look more magnetic in this game. In the scene where Tails is shooting lasers, Sonic can be seeing screwing around and rings from unknown origin fly into him as if he's wearing the electric shield....

Maybe it's an upgrade or power-up, like Kingdom Hearts "treasure magnet"? Or maybe an effect of Tails lasers? (dummy ring- lazers!?) But yeah, it looks cool so far, especially whatever is behind the little fight area.

Hey, I was right about the portrait part! ;)

So can anyone make out what's going on in that stage?

Does that thing say it's going at 15 fps? 0.o

Or is it just a debug thing?

It's obviously just uber early (you see how unfinished the area looks), it's likely just not optimized.

What the shot shows is the HUD, the general in-game camera, and perhaps a blueprint of an area. Could be a night and day difference in the final build.

• Thumbs Up 1

zHmnNP6.jpg

The blue thing is clearly the enerbeam, as you can see Amy right next to it if you look closely. And it looks like Sonic is just beginning the animation for his kick attack.

It's obviously just uber early (you see how unfinished the area looks), it's likely just not optimized.

What the shot shows is the HUD, the general in-game camera, and perhaps a blueprint of an area. Could be a night and day difference in the final build.

Yeah, I noticed the placeholder textures for the background -- makes sense that they wouldn't be suping it all up yet if they're still getting level art finished.

Anyone else reckon that the bar and the ring counter will both represent health?

Ohhh! I like the art in that portrait. Wonder what the other character's portraits look like...

Also, that's clearly a ring counter with a green backdrop. I don't think the green thingie is supposed to be a health meter.

• Thumbs Up 1

vGpTmAs.png

A few things.

Photo was taken January 2014 (the calendar in the pic).

Theres a rather worrying FPS counter which shows 15FPS... though this is an early build.

The ugly colours can be explained by the lack of textures/early build.

The two Amy's... I have two theories on this.

1: It's a special move.

2: The photo is made up of a few frames, which would explain the motion blur on all the characters... however it would not explain the woman leaving the room in the background being clear.

They said the game would run at a decent framerate, so that's probably a debug thing.

The blue thing is clearly the enerbeam, as you can see Amy right next to it if you look closely. And it looks like Sonic is just beginning the animation for his kick attack.

Enerbeams conform to the character's color.

Ohhh! I like the art in that portrait. Wonder what the other character's portraits look like...

Also, that's clearly a ring counter with a green backdrop. I don't think the green thingie is supposed to be a health meter.

I suppose it could be something completely different that hasn't been revealed yet.